• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, I'm better at Brawl now, than I ever was at Melee

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
So, I haven't gotten to play any humans yet, but I've realized something. I'm stomping level 9s with little to no effort, and apparently they're supposed to be harder than they were in Melee. But in Melee, I had to put in, what felt like, more effort to win.

So, I don't know if it was all the videos I watched featuring my current main (Lucario) or if the new physics play more to my style, or what, but I started out on Brawl better than I ever was at Melee.

Odd.

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
To me, the Lv.9's are not as challenging as they were in Melee. Play a human character and I think you might have a different opinion on your skill level when it comes to Brawl.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Some people are better than others against computers.

Like, person A beats person B in a match. Then, person A fights against a computer. He loses. Person B fights against the computer on the same level and wins. It's almost like rock, scissor, paper.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Never measure your skill based on how well you fare against computers.
I think it's valid to compare how well you did against computer A against how well you did against computer B.

Just not how well you did against computer B against how well you're going to do against human A.

Also, every time I see your Avatar I see a Landmaster instead of an inverted Peach.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
It plays more like Smash 64, so if you were a Smash 64 fan (like myself) you might find yourself falling back into your roots, I find myself to be better at Brawl as well.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
It plays nothing like smash 64.

64:
Grabs are awesome
Hitstun is long, l-cancelling gives 0 lag, therefore combos are ridiculous
No regular DI (only smash DI)

Brawl:
Grabs suck
Hitstun is very short, no l-cancelling, no ridiculous combos
Very good DI

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
I have had a similar experience... I'm not sure why so many have said the computers are better in Brawl. They seem worse to me.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
I feel the same way...I wasn't good at Melee. I would try beating classic on very hard, and I just couldn't do it. But yesterday in Brawl, I beat classic on intense difficlty and only used 1 continue. Either I'm much better with Lucas than I ever was with my old mains, or Brawl's cpu's aren't as hard as Melee's.:ohwell:

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Heh, I am def. better in Brawl then I was in melee, I was never able to do wave-dashing while fighting and the combat seemed just too fast for me to follow at times. Brawl feels perfect for me, been easily winning 1v1s vs all my friends and online.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
It plays nothing like smash 64.

64:
Grabs are awesome
Hitstun is long, l-cancelling gives 0 lag, therefore combos are ridiculous
No regular DI (only smash DI)

Brawl:
Grabs suck
Hitstun is very short, no l-cancelling, no ridiculous combos
Very good DI
Thanks for outlining the differences friend! Can you make a list on how it's more like melee than 64 too?

6footninja

Smash Ace
Looking at all the people who think the brawl cpus are easier as well. I would say hey really ARE easier, and that the people who said the brawl cpus' were harder, probably didnt know what they were talking about. Because I agree, the brawl cpus' at lvl.9 were pretty easy to beat

VanishWraith

Smash Rookie
i hope you guys are right that how you do against cpus doesnt affect how you do against humans. i would say i was one of the best in my town at melee but for some reason, im having so much trouble with level 9 computers now. i was able to beat them when i first got the game on friday (got it early) and did pretty well against my biggest human competitor on friday and saturaday as well.

now for some reason, i either cant beat them, or have a lot of trouble doing it. i feel like i lost all my skills :( i guess i'll see how i really am when i face my main rival again tomorrow.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Not really, as has been pointed out multiple times in this topic, comparing how you fare against computers to how you'll fare against humans doesn't work. I'm comparing computer to computer, if Brawl's are truly better then I'm vastly better at brawl than I was at Melee.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Not really, as has been pointed out multiple times in this topic, comparing how you fare against computers to how you'll fare against humans doesn't work. I'm comparing computer to computer, if Brawl's are truly better then I'm vastly better at brawl than I was at Melee.
It's a good thing then that I wasn't comparing performance versus computers to performance versus humans. I simply made a blanket statement about performance versus a computer.

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
I'm WAAAY better at Brawl than I was a Melee. Whether its against CPU or humans, I'm just more skilled. I've got 2 friends that I usually play Melee against and they always used to stomp me. In Brawl, I stomp them!

Top Bottom