• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, Amazon Canada is selling Preorders of Star Fox Wii U

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This is actually pretty shameful of Amazon. Unless they have information the public doesn't, I can't believe they'd take people's money and give them nothing in return if it turns out to be a bunk rumor.

I mean, I expect this kinda stuff from Gamestop. They're not exactly the most fair or reputable company out there. Amazon, though? Too big to care?

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Amazon does this kinda stuff all the time. Hell, most rumors are born of Amazon posting listing for a game and then taking it down soon after.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know why people are so excited for this game

Miyamoto clearly talked about this as if it was just some kind of side project he works on in his spare time.

It's not something people are actually putting time and effort into to make a quality game

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Was coming to post about Card Wars being free, didn't expect all those were too! Sonic 2 to boot!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Whoops, totally not. That's what I get for having two tabs open.

IGNORE ME

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know why people are so excited for this game

Miyamoto clearly talked about this as if it was just some kind of side project he works on in his spare time.

It's not something people are actually putting time and effort into to make a quality game
Given that it was barely teased at E3 makes me think that they really didn't have much to show besides maybe a pre-alpha build. Which is why I'm baffled that people are ******** that it isn't as beautiful as Mario Kart 8. So much for gamers caring about game play over graphics.

Anyway, I assume that most people are just happy to see a Star Fox game that's like Star Fox 64. Because I guess Star Fox Assault and Command were bad because they committed the cardinal sin of not being N64 games or something equally as stupid.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I feel like Miyamoto showing that very rough build of Starfox was to just generate interest. He knew there were a lot of people that wanted a new Starfox. Given that the game isn't going to have the budget of a Zelda title or anything, I feel that it was shown early to get people excited for the Wii U.
Given that it was barely teased at E3 makes me think that they really didn't have much to show besides maybe a pre-alpha build. Which is why I'm baffled that people are *****ing that it isn't as beautiful as Mario Kart 8. So much for gamers caring about game play over graphics.

Anyway, I assume that most people are just happy to see a Star Fox game that's like Star Fox 64. Because I guess Star Fox Assault and Command were bad because they committed the cardinal sin of not being N64 games or something equally as stupid.
I honestly didn't like either of the Gamecube ones. Most Star Fox fans like the game because it was an arcade style on rails shooter. The GC ones were just games that people didn't want for that franchise because of a departure in gameplay. Nintendo hasn't made a Starfox on their own in awhile besides Star Fox Command which was co-developed (although that wasn't that great either). Plus it's a bit interesting that Miyamoto has taken interest in the series.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I honestly didn't like either of the Gamecube ones. Most Star Fox fans like the game because it was an arcade style on rails shooter. The GC ones were just games that people didn't want for that franchise because of a departure in gameplay. Nintendo hasn't made a Starfox on their own in awhile besides Star Fox Command which was co-developed (although that wasn't that great either). Plus it's a bit interesting that Miyamoto has taken interest in the series.
I guess I'm just biased because I played Adventures and Assault long before Star Fox 64, so I didn't know what the series was "supposed" to be like. And yeah, Command wasn't all that great but I personally enjoyed it well enough plus the multiplayer is a ton of fun IMO. I think I'm really just sick of people acting like Star Fox 64 is the be all end all Star Fox game and that no other game in the series has any merit. Again, maybe its because I never really grew up with Star Fox 64 or because I played it later, but for me Star Fox Assault is the closest to what I think Star Fox should be.

Although those ground segments really needed some polishing.

Top Bottom