• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

apex shoutouts thread

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Because I don't want to wait for a results thread. I'll link it when it goes up.

Knitephox: GGs in teams nerd. Sorry I played like ass in our bracket match. I was a little too hype for making it out of pools at apex for the first time in my life.

Nintendude: sorry that my dumb ass held everything up in pools.

Snorlax: thank you so much for being a good friend when I had a complete mental breakdown on sunday. Thanks for opening your and Studstill's room up for us all to play in.

Cobr: Nice beard nerd

Fireblaster: ty so much for fixing my controllers dude. I don't care what anyone tries to talk **** I think you're a cool guy

Bloodpeach: I ****ed up and never bought that board off you GOD DAMN IT. I'm sorry. I will get it from you eventually...

Studstill: you're the ****in man for driving people around all weekend. No seriously it was hard as **** to find people willing to carpool and you were doing it just because. I don't think you're a lemon OR a pear.

YBOMBB: FOH to anyone wanting to call you overrated. I'm impressed at how you played vs killer and Wizzy and it's too bad you were so demoralized after that game 2. When I walked in the hotel room and saw you cuddling the big jigglypuff I kinda wished I was the jigglypuff

Revan: Always a pleasure seeing you. Let's play more J next time so I can keep complaining about rest

Near: I'm glad we finally have proof that we're not the same person. GGs in dubs, I'm sad that we dropped that!

I LOVE SMASH: One day you will get your salty runback... one day

tacos: not gonna lie I kinda wanted you to win the whole thing, hopefully all your opponents felt the luv

To everyone who uses an adapter: i'm sorry for dropping the ball on sunday. My bus to toronto had just been cancelled and I found out at the same time that I didn't have the hotel room for another night, so I spent all morning dealing with that and had to pack all my **** up to go as soon as I got back from the venue. Next time I'll try not to be such a disaster. I hope that providing a recording device for stream makes up for that screwup.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I wish I couldve stayed through top 8, and to be honest I'm not sure I'll be going to apex next year unless team apex can show players how they'll be organizing things in detail. I ended up having to spend way more money than I had intended because of extra cab/uber rides and such since the shuttle transportation was completely unreliable after the venue switch.

Knowing that we were originally only getting a small portion of pools streamed on saturday is really disappointing. i really dont understand why the other traditional fighting games had more scheduled stream time on saturday than ssb64 when 64 had more entrants than any of them and Apex is supposed to be the "super bowl of smash." we ended up on Sp00ky's stream for top 8 which was not planned, and we still got ~12k viewers... I'm absolutely sure that our viewrship wouldve been doubled if we were on vgbc and the venue issue hadnt happened. I can only hope that our top 32 bracket isnt out-prioritized by some other game's pool play in future apex streams.

Also, shoutouts to the LA_Smash crew for having a stream set-up throughout the whole weekend. They recorded some moneymatches, a lot of teams, and a lot of singles bracket including most of top 16.

I played pretty horrible in tournament, but all the friendlies I played against you guys made up for it. It was fun seeing everyone again!

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
POSTING ON BEHALF OF COBREVOLUTION:

i'll try to keep it quick...

nice things:

i'm happy i got to play the amount of people i did and disappointed i didn't get more games in with the people i didn't.

it was great finally getting to play kabal and wilde on console.

huge thanks to the socal guys for going balls deep during this entire event, getting two rooms, streaming, recording, hyping, etcetc. if you keep it up, you'll be the most thriving community. i think a yearly crew battle should be the norm, and INCREASE the amount of people as ya'll improve. it'll be great.

glad i got to see some of the old crew again that i didn't think would show up, like jerry, joe, will and dark link.

i wish we had more sets recorded, but that's the way it goes. so many sets were lost, but a lot of great ones were saved. i do plan on going back and watching some of the ones i missed.

i think that this top8 was possibly the best we've ever seen, with LD really putting on a clinic the whole tourney, and only being a fraud while playing wizzy. other than that, i do believe his statement that he can crack the top4 next year once he gets even more console practice and controller configuration in.

thanks to pablito and co. for letting me crash on their floor again and for insulting joey when his fox lost to my pika.

major thank you to boom, z, and sk for playing me as much as they did and helping me, even when they weren't aware they were doing it.

massive shoutout to mariguas for not letting me do the chicken dance on stream

i'm happy joey and javi did extremely well. hard work pays off

major disappointed shoutout to ybombb for letting wizzy come back 3-1 because of a silly pound

iirc, tacos said this is probably the last event he'd travel for. and if that is true, i want to thank him for putting on one hell of a show for us, being a hilarious guy, and doing his thing. i am sad the 12cb between him and z didn't happen, though. PIVOT. REVERSE. LOW. ANGLED. FTILT.

shoutouts to the people i moneymatched - hero pie, wookie, shears, and bark sanchez. it still stands that i only have two losses and both are to the same person.

steve, stef, bloodpeach, etcetc everyone who had some hand in having the adapters there so our online warriors could compete - you guys always do work like this and i'm sure i speak for a lot of people when i say it's appreciated.

there's much more, but just know that if i talked to you, i liked you and appreciated meeting you.

**** things:

EDIT

apparently, the to's ran bo5 sets for smash 4 and melee top8. ours weren't. please, guys, be ***** about this, raise hell, tell them that you're ****ing sick of being treated like this, and that they need to realize smash 4 is a garbage game and should be played best of 1 with 2 stocks. or, at the very least, tell them all that if these games (which run longer than 64, on average) get bo5 top8, you demand it as well.

i honestly despise the other communities and think they should stay far away from 64. people walking in front of the monitor during our top8, or crowding the front of the row so the people sitting down couldn't see, being loud during smash4 as if the game matters, the omnipresent wizzy fanboys. worst of all, if it were nintendo who cleared out the 64 setups to prevent friendlies from going on...that kind of **** CANNOT happen. **** this company. **** these other games. jesus.

neutral things:

i am very disappointed with the way brackets were constructed (resulting in an extreme pool of death and, in my opinion, lopsided matches), but i've learned that that will happen every apex and i apologize to everyone who got ****ed over one way or another. i, personally, am very disappointed with my own performance; i felt like i could have played better, of course, but the fact that i lost to two people i play constantly just cements my sadness.

a lot of people expressed their liking for the podcasts, so i do think that i will continue to do them. last night, however, i tripped over my headphone wire while it was still connected, and broke the audio jack. so now i have to use the other one, meaning it might be difficult to actually get the microphone to work again. if i can rig something up, though, i will continue.

lastly, next year, if we do get stream time that isn't garbage pools, i might be available for commentary. if i'm still here, anyway.

what else is there to say? grow your communities as best as you can, practice your ass off, and pray that next year's venue doesn't collapse around you. if the skill ceiling is still increasing as fast as it is, 2016 should be even more ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I won blindfolded fox dittos because you don't need techskill to win feel the game

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll post a full version once all of the results and such are up. Shoutouts to well everyone, was a lot of fun. Also it's no problem Pidge regarding the adapter, Killer made everything work out really well.

Top 8 was also excellent Ban Yoshi

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Also shoutouts to smellycat, I thought this was going to finally be an apex where I didn't see anyone's weiner and you ****ed that up for me

i honestly despise the other communities and think they should stay far away from 64.
...oh :(

Last edited:

TR3G | Informant

Smash Cadet
TR3G would like to congratulate LD for recieving top 5 at his first Apex.He proved that not only is Fox good on Dreamland, but Fox is also perfectly capable of top placings in presence of international talent. LD does not panic. LD does not have fear or lack of confidence. LD always recovers. The Rat's diet of Fox's stocks is starting to change for the better.

Though the other TR3G members did not perform as expected, they still played admirably. In time these results will be looked upon, and we will laugh at the thought of losing, because it will simply cease to occur.

Sorry Han Solo but there is a reason you aren't really included in TR3G's counter cultural activities. Stay salty and delusional being a common sheep who lost faith in Fox. You should be ashamed.

On behaf of hipstur:

I got ****ing ****faced thursday night. So much that I lost my shoes for nearly an entire 2 days LOL If anyone met me or got a bad vibe from me that night, forgive me lol. a fifth of 151 and about half a handle of Fireball will do that to me. Though, I don't apolgize to stranded. I made that little kid my ***** after making him unplug controller and leave the room from my smack talk. G fokken G mate LOL.

Shoutouts to the FU crew. ILS, ybombb, Q!, Knitephox, Bossman, Smellycat. I was honored to have played games and meet you all again. Too bad Unk couldn't make it, I was looking forward to it, but sometimes life happens and plans change. Maybe next time man.

Also to the rest of players in 1417 I played and kicked it with. Everyone is such a damn homie its ridiculous. I don't need to name drop, I love you all and you who you are <3 (Q! and stylisland get special mentions tho <3<3<3)

Shoutouts to Socal of course, for housing me before, and during Apex. Rooms 816-817 were POPPIN. Shears breaking his controller, madrush falling asleep in the tub with the water on clothed, the crew battle I showed up too late to be a part of, the graveyard darkness sleep room, all TOO GOOD. I honestly can't believe how many people were in that room sometimes.

Super special shoutouts to LD tho. I could talk to you forever man, I love it. The Fox confidence pays off! You were the first player I really met on kaillera, watching and marking both yours and my own growth as players was amazing. The days of you relying on gimps are over man, you've proved the haters wrong. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you the best, and next time you'll be able to give ANYONE a run for there money. We both knew that already though, :p

Chicago: Good **** destroying near at mario party 2. Hilarious stuff, you're all fun to play with. Thanks for selling me the Derek Stick, Pablo. Its going to be my future with SSB64 and I know it. No more 360, no more superpad, only OG w/ this stick. If only I had it in back socal....

I think my last shoutout for the night goes to Studstill. I hope now that after Apex, Stud won't get AS much hate that he's gotten in the past. Really nice guy overall, I got some good fun in with you for sure, both inside and outside of SSB. You've gotten a lot better since you stumbled into our little community, and your help and focus on the website shouldn't go unnoticed. Its too bad you couldn't make your pool due to the circumstances. Its a shame that your haters (you know who you are) get to say that technically got last place, because you certainly didn't deserve it.Even though you can get a little tempermental at times, I've faith that you really are a good person. I hope to see you next time I show up to the East coast.

I hope I inspired a few dudes to mess around with Fox. He really does deserve more love, the character is so fun to play as. I try to put on a show whenever I play him, even if my audience is just my opponent. Breathes life into the game :)

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
I wish I couldve stayed through top 8, and to be honest I'm not sure I'll be going to apex next year unless team apex can show players how they'll be organizing things in detail. I ended up having to spend way more money than I had intended because of extra cab/uber rides and such since the shuttle transportation was completely unreliable after the venue switch.

Knowing that we were originally only getting a small portion of pools streamed on saturday is really disappointing. i really dont understand why the other traditional fighting games had more scheduled stream time on saturday than ssb64 when 64 had more entrants than any of them and Apex is supposed to be the "super bowl of smash." we ended up on Sp00ky's stream for top 8 which was not planned, and we still got ~12k viewers... I'm absolutely sure that our viewrship wouldve been doubled if we were on vgbc and the venue issue hadnt happened. I can only hope that our top 32 bracket isnt out-prioritized by some other game's pool play in future apex streams.

Also, shoutouts to the LA_Smash crew for having a stream set-up throughout the whole weekend. They recorded some moneymatches, a lot of teams, and a lot of singles bracket including most of top 16.

I played pretty horrible in tournament, but all the friendlies I played against you guys made up for it. It was fun seeing everyone again!
Sedda, it's weird how much we match up on this.
Couldn't stay for Top8 at all since I rushed to the airpot and I'm still trying to find a flight home after all the cancellations.

I, too, am unsure I'll be back. This year I ended up having nobody to share that expensive room with after 7 people had been interested, and I'm broke. I've got a new job to focus on too.

Totally agreed about the venue/stream/LA_Smash stuff.

I also felt I underperformed, but getting to play the friendlies was great.

OTHER SHOUTOUTS

ILY, Bowl.

Glad I got to meet lots of you guys. Most of the guys I met surprised me by how friendly they were....let's see if I can remember a few.Nintendude- You helped me several times, also with a good attitude and clear communication. I noticed. Thanks!

Hipstur- Thanks for letting me sleep in your room Sat night. Saved me another 100something dollars. So chill. Your hosting stuff was very useful to the 64 scene.

SuperBoomfan- Much funnier than I knew. I was caught off guard by how friendly you were. I was thinking, "I like that guy."

Shears-Thanks for the rides, the communication, and the games. I had a good time largely because of you.

Tacos- Good to meet another Texas player! If you ever head to North Texas hit me up.

MadRush- Thanks for volunteering to help with the bracket. I enjoyed our games too!

Studstill- I saw you giving everyone rides late at night. Respect.

I've got more but I might be getting on a flight back to Texas in a few minutes-Gotta go.

Thanks for an....interesting First Apex everybody.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Seconded @ hipstur's shoutout to stud

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
I'm writing this on behalf of Napkins (Connor) the guy I came with, and myself.

First off, overall we all, including my girlfriend, had an amazing time. I think that was mostly due to the fact that everyone we met had an amazing attitude and was super welcoming to a bunch of strangers haha. For everyone we played against and met it was a great time and it was cool to put faces behind a lot of people's online persona.

Secondly on to the event itself. After arriving on Friday and hearing about what a disaster everything was becoming along with some problems with our own hotel situation we were ready to cut our losses and head home. Thankfully we stayed and got to take part in an awesome event with an even better community. I'm not sure how the past venues have been but that exhibition center they found seemed to be perfect. Huge shout outs to everyone that helped get things set up so last minute. It definitely sucks 64 didn't get as much screen time and stream time as everything else, but that's just the way it goes I guess.

Third was the tournament itself. Wow did we suck haha. We came into it expecting to get crushed and you guys did not disappoint. We both have a lot of work to do, but we learned a ton just from playing better and different people. It was cool to just sit down and play with anyone in between sets or after people were knocked out. It was nice to see there were definitely people on the same level as us and we're definitely going to work to try and get better. We wish we could have stayed for the top 8 matches, but you can only put life on hold for so long. Congratulations to superboomfan for winning and everyone else for making top 8, 16 and making it out of pools.

Like I said overall it was an overwhelmingly positive experience, and we'll definitely be back next year. In the meantime were going to train our asses off, try to get online, maybe go to some smaller tourneys/smash fests, continue to get to know people on here, and maybe try to host some get togethers in the PA area. Thanks for making this a great experience to be a part of.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I didn't like how the 64 top 8 was set up.

Would've preferred to have it where the FGC people had their stuff since it'd be away from the loud crowd, and we'd have some actual space. Also losing our set ups after top 8 was lame, unless they were doing this to all set ups and not just 64. I understand how the organizers were rushed due to issues with finding the new venue and organizing everything though. It was a nice and big venue though so that was great.

Shout outs to:
komotonoto for going 2fast
annex for being a based god
bloodpeach - thx 4 housing
knite - thx 4 driving
tacos - dont stop coming pls
boomfan - fat sandwich won you the tourny
the z - hi :3
wizzy -ur alright kid
kero - u fuked up men. keep improving. i believe in u
stranded - that john cena thing u were doing was the best. keep being a cool guy
maliki - we both suckd. maybe next time :(
czar - damn ur gud
snorlax - sorry for choking so badly after having beaten you. :(
ybombb - i dont think I played any games with you sadly. you looked like you were playing well though. TOO BAD YOU CHOKED
LD - keep it up! gz on top 8 at apex, hope you can keep improving and reach perfect form. sonic when
Fireblaster - awesome job at getting top 8! gud yoshi
cobr - pls return to apex at least or w/e national yall get in the area. those were some fun friendlies we had at the hotel. my link > ur samus. thx for the ride. ill miss u ;-;
Wilde - fun friendlies.
stylis/zed - i dont remember you guys too well. sry
Herbert - we didnt any sanic :( thx for hosting that quick yolo tourny!
near - GET ****ED BODIED
madrush - those were some alright rotations. hi
WC noobs - I think I played some of yall and not all of yall. i dont remember too well, bunch of mexicans
mariguas - VIVA MEXICO
dexter - ggs, you still pwned. hope you come to next apex or whatever so I can try and get a game off you.
jaimeHR - didnt hang out with you too much this year :c
hipstur - cute doggy. settle down on a controller so you can play at 100% pls
smellycat - *** u
lord narwhal - ur fun. i dont think we got enough falcon dittos on hyrule in tho
banze and the crew - think I only got like 1 game with banze and no one else. whoop!
sedda - fun lagless smash. COME AGAIN

fat *******
hitler

maybe more

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm writing this on behalf of Napkins (Connor) the guy I came with, and myself.

First off, overall we all, including my girlfriend, had an amazing time. I think that was mostly due to the fact that everyone we met had an amazing attitude and was super welcoming to a bunch of strangers haha. For everyone we played against and met it was a great time and it was cool to put faces behind a lot of people's online persona.

Secondly on to the event itself. After arriving on Friday and hearing about what a disaster everything was becoming along with some problems with our own hotel situation we were ready to cut our losses and head home. Thankfully we stayed and got to take part in an awesome event with an even better community. I'm not sure how the past venues have been but that exhibition center they found seemed to be perfect. Huge shout outs to everyone that helped get things set up so last minute. It definitely sucks 64 didn't get as much screen time and stream time as everything else, but that's just the way it goes I guess.

Third was the tournament itself. Wow did we suck haha. We came into it expecting to get crushed and you guys did not disappoint. We both have a lot of work to do, but we learned a ton just from playing better and different people. It was cool to just sit down and play with anyone in between sets or after people were knocked out. It was nice to see there were definitely people on the same level as us and we're definitely going to work to try and get better. We wish we could have stayed for the top 8 matches, but you can only put life on hold for so long. Congratulations to superboomfan for winning and everyone else for making top 8, 16 and making it out of pools.

Like I said overall it was an overwhelmingly positive experience, and we'll definitely be back next year. In the meantime were going to train our ***** off, try to get online, maybe go to some smaller tourneys/smash fests, continue to get to know people on here, and maybe try to host some get togethers in the PA area. Thanks for making this a great experience to be a part of.
Hit me up if u need online help!

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Shout outs to Z, komo, ybomb, annex, marbles, sedda, weed wack (lol those rages), kero, blood peach and others I'm too lazy to remember, BIGGEST shout out goes to mainly LD (blue suit) for taking his time to actually help out my little brother spikytorn with his fox :) next time I'll defiantly knock you out though with my luigi so you better watch out ;3

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
Nominating Firo for nicest guy and most enjoyable person to watch play / play with. Glad I played my Luigi against you and took your recommendation to use him vs Wizzrobe. Barely lost it but I gained a lot of insight to that matchup. Your Ness is the first one I've lost more than a couple times to with Luigi (actually the only game I took was the first X_X)

Nominating Zenyore for also nicest guy and also most enjoyable person to watch play / play with + tastiest remainder of burger. Definitely deserved to lose to you in bracket, really glad we got to Falcon ditto on hyrule tho, your Falcon is beautiful. 9th place really isn't bad but you definitely deserved better. I think everyone knows you're great at this game, but you're still underrated.

Snorlax: omg why is everyone on this list so nice I can't believe it. So nice to talk to you, don't think we actually ever played though wtf. thx 4 bein such a cool guy all weekend, it was nice to always have a chat with you when we ran into eachother.

Pidge: was fun 2 finally meet you, you are the most ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) person I've ever met. thx 4 the laughs and studstill fruit analogy.

Studstill: IT WAS A PLEASURE. thx 4 helping out so much this event, sorry things didn't entirely pan out for you. even though you threatened to kill me once or twice I still love you.

boom: teams were hopeless but always fun, keep on gettin those cashouts.

LD: **** you

Combo Blaze: agreed, need more falcon dittos. fun matches tho.

Hipstur: idk how you're alive tbh

unreal/ducky: my heart was with u 2 all weekend even tho you didn't come :^(

i rly enjoyed this weekend with all you people, lots more I didn't list cuz 2 long already (fireblaster, TTFU goons, roomies, brazil, anyone I played friendlies with for more than a game ^_^).

u guys r bes

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Before I forget:

Even though Apex didn't go the way anybody expected and some people got ****ed over really bad (I'm looking at you, @Annex ), I wanna give a special shoutouts to @ Nintendude Nintendude on behalf of everyone. I can't imagine how stressed out you must've been last weekend with all the **** that happened, but you made it work. On top of everything, you were able to get top 10 at the biggest SSBM tournament ever, so congrats!

Regardless of how much everyone around here complains, we always really appreciate all the stuff you do for us.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Before I forget:

Even though Apex didn't go the way anybody expected and some people got ****ed over really bad (I'm looking at you, @Annex ), I wanna give a special shoutouts to @ Nintendude Nintendude on behalf of everyone. I can't imagine how stressed out you must've been last weekend with all the **** that happened, but you made it work. On top of everything, you were able to get top 10 at the biggest SSBM tournament ever, so congrats!

Regardless of how much everyone around here complains, we always really appreciate all the stuff you do for us.
This is literally my main thing coming out of smash 4. Good stuff Nintendude, for everything.
Also, nice to meet you Sedda.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Apex:
Was amazing. Can`t wait for Zenith, and to go to next year`s....forever. The only 'downside' is that somehow there were people there I didn`t get to meet or play with, although having that many people is good problem. I played constantly and still didn`t get everyone. Somehow I got into the best room in the (original) joint, 140 foot view of NYC with window access. Which was made even better by having Mariguas and Dex in it! I almost called my mom. The (eventual, and I`m told already booked for next year) venue was incredible. N64`s and CRT`s as far as the eye can see, and just wham bam as soon as you walk in.

Knite:
Makes a great drink.

Blood:
Brought strong shoe and beard game, as did Mariguas. Got to give it to Blood, though.

Snorlax tha homie:
Awesome chilling with you man! That room was so legit.

Boom:
Congratulations man! That trophy is gangster. Great meeting you too, even if we didn`t get to play and your repulsive views on what constitutes a sandwich.

Z:
Rounding out the top 3 of Smelly and Banze in the steal yo girl game. Hair was strong. Send me some classical, man.

Combo and Near:
Extremely chill. Thought one of you was black and the other white, inexplicably.

Ybomb:
Enjoy that 10$ of real money, you earned pwned it.

Fireblaster:
From word on the floor, outplayed expectations and imo was on point. Demoralized Stranded. Also explained to me what Mehlay we were rooting against and why in top 8.

LA_Smash:
You guys have a serious and friendly crew. Nice room, enjoyed chilling and streaming. Apparently I have some onehand madness on there?

Kabal:
To be continued, brother man.

Annex, Horbie, HeroPie, and everyone else I played once and can`t recall now:
You guys rocked! Awesome meeting you!

Banze:
Yo man them hand sweat johns are real! It`s intimidating playing someone from so far away! Keep it alive down there, man!

LD, Shears, Brody`s:
I`ll be back soon. Find me a roomate and I`ll bloody move up there.

Pidge:
You were pretty cool. Kind of an sea cucumber.

Wizzrobe:
How`d you like that HD Studstill voice IRL, my friend? Great games, congratulations on 3rd!

Tacos:
Awesome meeting you man, and incredible playing. You earned the honor of Boom and kept it insanely close!

Hipstur:
Hipstur (w or w/o shoes) is Tha Homie Numba One. Super cool, super cool, and I assure you can outdrink anyone in community and possible the tristate region. Your dog is awesome.

Koro:
A pleasure, my man. You have great taste.

Weather:
Lol, gross.

Lost and Found:
I am missing a flip phone and a translucent purple OG with a strip of black tape on the underside.
I have that isn`t mine: A translucent purple OG, unmarked; a silver 28 or so inch CRT, and a few hats.

Anyone I missed man I might come back for round 2. What an amazing time.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Full results have been inputted, for everything: http://apex2015smash64.challonge.com/
these seem to have some weird inaccuracies, for instance I never played Smash Jesus, Knitephox says he never played LD. the final results seems correct though so idk

edit: ok nvm rob explained it to me

[1:26:53 AM] Rob Stone: loser's bracket got hsuffled
[1:26:53 AM] Rob Stone: shuffled
[1:27:13 AM | Edited 1:27:35 AM] Rob Stone: so round 1 of round2 pools shows the winners and losers of each pool in a fake match

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That's right - (0,-1) indicates a match that never actually happened.You just have to create the bracket this way in order to start half of the participants in losers.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yo shoutouts to the wc crew those guys housed like every smasher on like Thursday and Friday.
They came through on so many occasions during apex.
Not to mention they were a blast to chill with and play the game with.
Honorable mention to my boy tetsuo that guy knows his wwe he is definitely the funniest guy on the wc!

Idk if I'll do any actual shout outs seems like they'd take a long time.
If I don't I had a blast this apex everyone I had a great time seeing you all once again it's always such a great time!

Shears

Smash Master
Shoutouts

studstill: Awesome job driving everyone around. You helped out a lot of people.

thoraxe the impaler: Awesome name, I don't even know if you attended but we should have played some sets.

battlecowchicken: We all know the reason you didn't show was because you didn't want to lose the money match to me.

annex: Best story about hard work and getting a job done before the deadline that I've ever heard.

warchamp7: Did you even attend? Everyone is still banned.

weedwack: We didn't get any games in. Next tournament.

ttp: Almost stole that set from jimmyjoe, see you at Xanadu.

dark horse: What a way to lose to small kirby haha. Get rekt.

joeisfatal: See you next year in fantasy football.

beesy: Fun time, work on your drinking so you can kick as next drunk smash tournament haha.

eggmode: Great teams set, good push up form. Rob owes us each like 40 push ups.

bowl: Great teams set, still my favorite set of the weekend.

sedda: Undefeated at blindfolded smash. I want a rematch, double or nothing.

madrush21: Awesome time. You're drunk smash strategy was way too risky but I have to respect the attempt. It was like taking the safety to try and get the ball back, but instead not forcing a 3 and out.

koro: I didn't hear enough puns from you.

justin: I don't remember playing you at Apex but I know we will play again whenever you come up to Xanadu or I go down to clubbas.

breakthrough: Can't believe you still had the controller, I'll have to come up to PA again for a smash weekend.

wookie: Great weekend, great job drinking, I want a shotgun tournament next Apex.

tetsuo: Great time, you're a funny guy.

the maafia: Great Luigi, come out to more tournaments.

kyletree: Great job wrecking clubba in that money match.

jimmyjoe: Wonderful commentary. It was easily the best job you've ever done and you have done amazing commentary in the past.

maliki: Jober

smash jesus: ****ing Juggernauts of Destiny! We totally should've beat boom/jaime and mariguas/shalaka. They all got lucky, we will 10 stock them next year.

sotoh: Thanks for all the streaming and recording, you saved 64. Also you're a ***** at drinking making me and wookie chug your beers. Practice for next year so you can not be such a lightweight haha.

hipstur: WTF was that controller you had

skyfire: Don't lose to noobs

mrmarbles: Double or nothing on LD over/under of 3.5 at Apex 2016? I'm taking the under.

bark sanchez: Next MM, I'm getting my money back.

komotonoto: Your Yoshi has gotten so good in only a few months.

shears: fa66ot

greginator: Superb commentary as well, you and Jimmy Joe did a fantastic job.

snorlax: What a down tilt am I right? Little Kirby ftw.

kabal: Missed you at Xanadu, maybe next time I'm in Vegas we can play a few matches.

ceasar: We didn't play but good job kicking barksanchez's ass, guy is such a fraud.

cobr: You owe me like 1,000 push ups.

hero pie: You are for real, good ****.

firo: I swear your Ness is using cheat codes. Also good job on the pushups, Rob is clearly the weakest smasher.

jam: Good **** as always, I really thought you would crack top 8 this year.

ybombb: That finish against killer was the hypest ending I've ever seen.

stranded: Jober 2.0

killer: Way to work your way through losers. If you study LD you could have a broken fox too.

banze: Awesome job, you're a cool guy and a lot of fun. I'll let you know when I'm in Sao Paulo.

star king: You always pull through in crew battles despite me giving you ****. Good job.

fireblaster: Unbelievable run.

kerokeroppi: Your German teacher must be so proud right now.

LD: You're the ****ing man. Next year you better 5 stock boom. We watched the sets with my phone propped up on the dashboard while we were driving. When you rallied and beat Banze we literally almost died because I was cheering and not paying attention to the road. Totally worth it.

mariguas: I need to practice that pika combo of yours.

wizzrobe: I'll never sleep on you again, you lost me $5 for getting top 4.

tacos: If you weren't so good I would've called you a ***** for not playing in our drunk smash tournament. Either way, you're too good.

superboomfan: Congrats on winning. You still owe me an upside down tv money match though.

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
Just want to give a shout out to every smasher who came and stayed in our WC room. We had no idea what Apex was going to be like and I'll speak on behalf of the entire crew saying we had the best damn time ever. It was really awesome seeing the amount of talent we had playing in the room and also every smasher was the homie. Im glad west coast is finally starting to give a presence in the community and LA_Smash got on the map for once. Just as an open invite, if any of you guys are in SoCal for sure hit us up.

Shears: you are the salt king and that was probably the hardest I have ever laughed in my life. But im glad I found a guy who can drink on my level #sorryforthefacism

Dark Horse/Bark Sanchez: You guys are the homies. I'll gladly have to say your crew is now the official sister city Socal Crew. haha

Madrush (sadrush) (badrush): Im glad you are a SoCal guy. Turn up.

Studstill: You dah real MVP for giving us rides. Seriously tho.

Koroshiyo crew: I hate getting beat by little kids. But damnit you guys are good. Im for sure looking forward to next year

Lastly, major shoutout to my roommate Sotoh. This is the guy that made it happen. Sotoh is the man behind everything LA_Smash did for apex just about. He put up the credit card for the hotel room, he set up the stream (shoutout to tetsu0 for the laptop) and he also paid for the internet so that we could stream while at apex. Had he not done these things, Apex for 64 would have gone unnoticed and the hotel room shenanigans wouldn't have been as crazy.

Shears

Smash Master
Oh and I totally forgot, shoutouts to @Shaya who turns out to actually be a real living human being. Like what the ****? I thought mods weren't real people and just extensions of the smashboards big brother entity.

Soto

Smash Cadet
@ Shears Shears I let my wifeys do my drinking for me so I can wreck Bark Sanchez 10x+ in a row Kirby v Pika matches lol
Next time I'm down for shots instead of beers but have penalty drinks still be beers.
So take a shot for the game, and take sips of beers for the penalties, then I'll wreck.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Shaya is backing me as moderator of the 64 boards. Thank you for the support Shaya

Studstill

Smash Ace
Oh yeah and:
Me: *walks up to random person playing alone*
Me: Want to smash?
HeroPie: Sure! *answers phone call while setting game up*
**three Up-B`s later**
HeroPie: (to phone) I gotta go, this Kirby is giving me trouble.

This Kirby would thank you deeply for one of my favorite compliments of the trip. I was honored to give trouble (hopefully) to all I played. And for shame, I forgot Star King and Killer, it was great to see BOTH of you on OG! Narwhal and Lampy, you guys are awesome, Narwhal is assuredly one of those that is worse online; you got console chops.

I was calling him Tlaca, lol @ Shears Shears it can`t possibly be "Shalaka", lmao.

Last edited:

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Yo this was a fun apex despite everything that happened. Sorry if I forgot to mention you, there were 2 many faces to remember!

tacos - nice job leaving your hori at hotel, dumb bitche

SuPeRbOoMfAn - it was fun playing you in tourney again, 2bad we didn't get any friendlies, cept for teams tho. Gj pwning me in singles GF(didn’t expect to get beaten up that bad(3 sets in a row johns, etc)(not that it would have mattered, rofl))/teams GF(although z gave up before we even started). Overall GGS, hope to play some online teams soon.

Wizzrobe - tbh, It wasn't until Zenith that I started taking you srly, you are really good. All you need right now is to learn the mid/lower tier MU's. Starting to pick other chars would help u out too!

Z - Yo nice teaming. Sorry about not doing the 12 char(lack of setups on friday/etc on the other days). Was nice playin u on console. Also the rage vs mariguas was funny as ****. You were easlity one of the funniest people i met on this trip

Mariguas - oye la set que tuve contigo, creo que fue la mas intensa que he tenido en todo mi tiempo jugando. Buena pelea. Como todos los de este torneo, ay que mejorar la matchup de yoshi. Espero y se aga el torneo en LA, para jugar de nuevo.

TR3G|Fox - Yo nice job taking 5th, really surprised me. We didn't get a chance for friendlies tho, I am very sure that you will prove to everone that fox doesn't suck on dl, even then, I'm still sure we havn't seen the full-powered fox. Good luck.

KeroKeroppi - yo man, I wanted to have a long friendly session wit u, but lack of setups on friday/coudn't find you the other days. Oh well. I would have liked to face you on LF so we could of had a true console vs online set, would have been hype. Nice seeing you again.

Dext3r - Gusto en verte otra vez, merojaste tu juego contra yoshi(pense que star king te iba a ganar). No pense que perdirias con LD pero eso cabron si que se sabe la mathchup de fox/pika. Espero y no dejes el juego.

Shakala – Gusto en conocerte, juegas muy bien, por el tiempo que tienes jugando. Empieza jugar online si quieres mejorar aun mas! Espero y escuchar buenas cosas de ti en torneos que vengan!

Fireblaster - Another surprise in the touney. I'm pretty sure no one expected you to make top 8, good ****. You might have had a chance of beating me, if I hadn't made that 1 vs 3 stock comeback on our yoshi diitts, but even then you still did great.

LA crew - yo it was a blast hanging out with you guys at hotel, thx for streaming/recordin stuff when apex neglected us.

shears - yo, I coudn't stop laughing as you explained your drunk smash rules to soto. Would have luved to see you break your controller in half, lol

Knitephox: Yo nice talking to you again, 2 bad no OC teams friendlies.

komo - your lucky there was no magikarp splash, cz i would have ****ed u up again(for the100th time).

combo- yo ur rlly gud dude, if were to start playing a little gayer, I woudn't be suprised to see you place higher, etc.

firo - yo man kirby is pretty gay, or maybe ness just sux. lol anyway, i really wanted to play you frindlies but same case as with kero. I srsly thought you would take me to peaches, cz peek destroyed my kirby in at tourney long ago, gud stage for ness imo. Still tho, good games!

Nintendude - thx for what you did in tourney. good **** at melee btw.

Cobr: thx for housing/picking kabal/tom/and I. The stay was great, also thx to your family for making us feel welcome. Gj beating me in nessvsamus, lol. btw: nice cats.

Tom/kabal – yo great session at cobrs. Had a lot of fun playing with you guys!

Koro – good seeing you again mang, also I agree, not enough koropuns were said.

Bloodpeach - yoo nice seeing you again, i thought you had quit tournies for good. was a nice convo we had after singles.

Studstill: yoo stud it was great getting to know you. You really are a cool/funny guy. Easily one of the can't believe you drove people from the venue back to the hotel, that really helped a lot of us.

YBOMBB: gj choking against wizz. I knew you had it to beat killer, even if it was close. Still tho you had that match against wizzy, that’s what you get for being flashy. You never told me who was the luv hater,good thing you made the bet TOWARD the luv, ty. Btw: nice sewer moss.

Revan: Nice seeing you again. We should have done some friendlies to work on ur Kirby ditts.

Killer – Yo I have to admit your behavior after oru teams set, made z and I pretty salty, we got our revnege tho. Nice few frienlies that we had. No matter how gay your di is, you are one of the funnest people to hang around with, lol.

Beesy – nice meeting you man, sorry for not playing many games, I was really tired, lol.

Jaime- yo man, you really underperformed this time around. You are really good, I think you just need to get your confidence back and win(I believe in u)! You did great in teams tho!

Karajan – gj hosting that yolo tourney Mario pretty stronk. Also gj fooling everyone into thinking you weren’t going, lol. Nice seeing u again mang.

Stranded – yoo was fun actually playing friendlies with you this time around, also I won’t forget that misturn that we did heading for wendys, lmao.

Hipstur – nice seeing u again mang, becareful not to lose your shoes again, rofl. And of course no friendlies again, lol. Btw cool dog, brah.

Jam- Still chill as ever man! I really wanted to play you in bracket. You were playing excellent during our friendlies. I feel like you underperformed during tourney this time around. Also sorry about the teams thing(z’s fault imo).

Banze/brazil crew – yoo thx offering the hotel, even if we didn’t get to it, lol no cabs availabe. Even then it still worked out(dat room save tho). Also thx for telling me about my hori lol. They are going to ship it soon.

Near – yo I was expecting you to pwn, maybe next time you will show us how gud u rly are.

Star king – cmon man, I srsly believed you would make ATLEAST top 8. *look above cz that applies to you too*. Gotta admit z and I were a little salty after losing to the kb warriors, we did make up for it either way. Good teams games. Also no friendlies (as usual.)

Pidge – thx for explaining the lemon/pears thing, rofl. Also, I didn’t expect you to be that tall, gj.

that is all for now, might add more later. Was a great apex, GGs.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I exceed all expectations, in many ways

Top Bottom