• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Pools and Schedule has been updated! V2!!

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
looks like fireblaster will be forced to make an early exit by JUSTING WONG
All fireblaster has to do is practice with Yoshi and prepare for a full parry comeback. No big deal >_>

On a serious note, 64 finals are on Sunday afternoon, correct? Also, the stream schedule will be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I was supposed to post this yesterday but I forgot

@ Nintendude Nintendude , cobr wanted me to post this regarding KEYBOARD ADAPTERS:

"[1/26/2015 2:30:59 AM] Rob Stone: can you reply to nintendude and say that the controller adapters SHOULD be placed at stations 29, 31, 30 and 33 for complete ease (since the people in those pools will require them)
[1/26/2015 2:31:29 AM] Rob Stone: also that the pools for doubles might require more explanation. it just says doubles tournament but there are four pools, but nobody should be moving on to anything, so some clarification there would be nice

[1/26/2015 2:16:05 AM] Rob Stone: station 29 should have one set up
[1/26/2015 2:16:11 AM] Rob Stone: and 31
[1/26/2015 2:16:31 AM] Rob Stone: and near and kabal have their own for 30 and 33"

I guess his main concern is making sure that the people running 64 pools know about the adapters and where they will be set up for the filthy keyboard players. Like it says above, Near and Kabal have their own adapters, and Kabal even has a battery for his afaik.

The other concern is obviously the next wave of pools:
[1/26/2015 2:49:51 AM] Rob Stone: and that if the second round of pools hasn't been determined yet
[1/26/2015 2:49:55 AM] Rob Stone: as in, who's playing where
[1/26/2015 2:50:03 AM] Rob Stone: they should take note of where the adapters will be

We want to make sure that the people running the pools are aware of the adapter situation so that it doesn't come out of nowhere for them.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
@ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA looks like you are in wave I station 31. This means that your matches will start at about 11am on saturday at station 31. u can look at the map in the op to see where that is. i would get there an hour early to be safe. Once u get to the venue you should have no problem finding the 64 area and anyone there will help u out

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
@ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA looks like you are in wave I station 31. This means that your matches will start at about 11am on saturday at station 31. u can look at the map in the op to see where that is. i would get there an hour early to be safe. Once u get to the venue you should have no problem finding the 64 area and anyone there will help u out
Thanks man! I'll be sure to get there extra early, just in case :)

Heemlo

Smash Rookie
Hey I never ended up partnering with anybody for 2v2s and it shows me as partnered with alexmon27. Anybody know him lol?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Players requiring adapters are responsible for setting them up on the appropriate stations before the pools start. As long as one of the four setups on your station has an adapter ready to go there shouldn't be any problems. Having a list of what doubles pools need adapters could be useful as well.

Also, doubles is broken up into 2 waves but you should really think of it as one continuous tournament taking 4 hours. As soon as pools are done top-16 starts immediately.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I have my own adapter. I will also be running Karajan's latest adapter software, which should reduce the time to start it up immensely. The only thing I would need is an available socket to power up my adapter.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Having available power is your responsibility. I'd bring your own extension cord as a safeguard in case there isn't an available outlet.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I don't own a KB adapter, I know that Pidge is bringing a few. I do have a KB this time though wut.

Heemlo

Smash Rookie
I'm a little confused. I play with a keyboard. I've never seen a keyboard adapter though and I don't know anything about them. If I show up with just a regular usb keyboard, will I be able to use it?

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm a little confused. I play with a keyboard. I've never seen a keyboard adapter though and I don't know anything about them. If I show up with just a regular usb keyboard, will I be able to use it?
it really depends.

a couple of players have their own adapters, but other people take priority over the rest of the adapters im guessing (star king, killer, ld). you should talk to them to see if you can figure something, but there aren't many adapters. bring your controller and expect to use it

Heemlo

Smash Rookie
Why do other people take priority over adapters provided by the tourny?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Why do other people take priority over adapters provided by the tourny?
they are not provided by the tournament.

they are provided by people who own them. near and kabal own their own, and pidge owns the other two. the other players have already talked to people who have adapters so that they are able to use them themselves. not many adapters = first come first serve

Last edited:

tacos

Smash Journeyman
k, so im officially out of a partner. What am I allowed to do??

@ Nintendude Nintendude

edit: looks like Jam could be my partner, so seedings wouldn't get ****ed.

Last edited:

Maliki

Smash Ace
Rob explained the pools to me in detail
Not gonna lie I still don't understand

Pretty sure I'm not going to either
Lol whatever

Seems pretty complicated of you ask me

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yo why don't they have the feature to like your own post yet I've been waiting for that since i made my account

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Rob explained the pools to me in detail
Not gonna lie I still don't understand

Pretty sure I'm not going to either
Lol whatever

Seems pretty complicated of you ask me
i understand how the pools work but idk what happens after top 4 of each pool make it out

clubbadubba

Smash Master
how do u know what the bracket will look like after the first round of pools?
On page 50 of the pdf is the Apex 2015 Bracket Transitions map, which is basically a bunch of boxes with letters and numbers on them. Locate the box labeled "Smash 64 1v1". Find your pool label (I32 in my case), and note the number next to it (for me, 1-11). This means I am in pool 11, or P11 in shorthand. Now find the "Phase 2 Pools (<= 256 entrants)" box. There will be 4 entries that start with P11, and they will end in either W1 (winner one), W2 (winner two), L1 (loser 1), or L2 (loser 2). Because I am seeded second in my pool, if I make it out that makes me P11-W2. Looking in the bracket that puts me in pool 2-4. Based off of pool numbers alone I would play the P6-W1, which is Killer. Not sure if seeding for 1's vs 2's is based off of pool numbers like that though. Looking at all the W1's in my bracket, they will likely be Jaime, Killer, Cabelo, Wizzrobe, so I'll play one of them if I get the W2 from my pool.

Mr Marbles looks like you're set to play one of either HectoHertz, Mr. Fingers, SmashJesus, or Amida assuming all goes as seeded.

Last edited:

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like the 64 Top 8 is now 3-4pm. Wasn't it originally 3-5pm?

You guys might need to find an alternate commentator when I make top 8. Haven't played in like 6 months so have unlearned all my bad habits, gonna crush it.

Shears

Smash Master
On page 50 of the pdf is the Apex 2015 Bracket Transitions map, which is basically a bunch of boxes with letters and numbers on them. Locate the box labeled "Smash 64 1v1". Find your pool label (I32 in my case), and note the number next to it (for me, 1-11). This means I am in pool 11, or P11 in shorthand. Now find the "Phase 2 Pools (<= 256 entrants)" box. There will be 4 entries that start with P11, and they will end in either W1 (winner one), W2 (winner two), L1 (loser 1), or L2 (loser 2). Because I am seeded second in my pool, if I make it out that makes me P11-W2. Looking in the bracket that puts me in pool 2-4. Based off of pool numbers alone I would play the P6-W1, which is Killer. Not sure if seeding for 1's vs 2's is based off of pool numbers like that though. Looking at all the W1's in my bracket, they will likely be Jaime, Killer, Cabelo, Wizzrobe, so I'll play one of them if I get the W2 from my pool.

Mr Marbles looks like you're set to play one of either HectoHertz, Mr. Fingers, SmashJesus, or Amida assuming all goes as seeded.
Explain to me how you play killer? Looking at it, it seems there is now a second phase of pools, and if the order listed is seeds in those new pools, then you would be a 5 seed, meaning you play the 4th seed, which is Cabelo. Am I wrong on interpreting the second phase the same way as the first phase? This would mean all 1s play all 2s in their pool and there is no splitting of WF.

Edit: it seems LS splits but not WF.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Seems like I am facing Tacos and Fireblaster in my pool, cool, seems like they are trying to remove all of the yoshis.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

This is what pools will look like in round 2 if seeding goes exactly as planned.

It seems that the losers get scrambled in between the pools in round 2, but the two winners that make it out from a pool in round 1 enter the same pool anyways.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Explain to me how you play killer? Looking at it, it seems there is now a second phase of pools, and if the order listed is seeds in those new pools, then you would be a 5 seed, meaning you play the 4th seed, which is Cabelo. Am I wrong on interpreting the second phase the same way as the first phase? This would mean all 1s play all 2s in their pool and there is no splitting of WF.

Edit: it seems LS splits but not WF.
thought seeding would be based on pool number, but now I see you're probably right. beat a fox on dreamland? I can do that.

those w2's in pool 2 are weaksauce

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
So I went and created every pool and played them out as if the higher seed won. These are not predictions, they are just what the bracket would look like if they were played out in theory.

https://advancedbrackets.com/apex2015

For pools 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, and Top 16 The first round is not actually played, instead the winners start in the second round of winners and the losers in the second round of losers.

Shears

Smash Master

This is what pools will look like in round 2 if seeding goes exactly as planned.

It seems that the losers get scrambled in between the pools in round 2, but the two winners that make it out from a pool in round 1 enter the same pool anyways.
You have skyfire and kyle tree backwards. Skyfire is the 2 seed in that pool.

Top Bottom