• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone want to practice?

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
I want to practice against another good player someone above my skill level. I played against two people here but I don't think they knew what I wanted. I want someone to teach me things about the game. Usually I just try to get a grab and go from there.

I don't think I'm bad, I usually get into the Elite battles but I can't beat anyone there. Yesterday I went against a Inkling and I kept getting hit by the bomb.

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
You need to learn how to adapt. you need to actually think for yourself. if you are getting hit by bomb first avoid it then see what they do. if your far and they spam projectiles while jumping back and forth then combat it by pressuring them. get up close but be safe as to not get hit then try to punish their options.

another thing is to watch top players like zero and nairo how they play their characters and how they move. you have to consider that some moves are safe on shield but becasue you didn't know you get shield grabbed anyways, sometimes you don't know what to do in certain situations you can see how top players react this is why you should experiment in training mode see waht works and what doesn't work and memorize it and utilize the knowledge. you know you can only move so fast, and now its easy to do frame perfect moves becasue of the current buffer system. all that is left is the how do I get the most percent out of combos and how do I set up a kill

it doesn't even have to top player honestly, if you accidentaly do something then save it in your vaults then review the match you played

that's just a part of the fundamentals or you can pay for smash lessons if they are available but you won't be able to be as good as the top top players becasue they can figure things out super fast becase how much smarter practice than other people

Top Bottom