• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone wanna play some? [Right NAO!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Finally can play online, anyone up for a match? I'll stay on for like... two hours, checking regularly for posts.

Brawl code: 1762-3912-3235

If the Wii code is needed I have it in my profile.

Beware, I WILL be recording ;) .

I'm not that good, so don't be afraid that you will embarass yourselves or something :p .

Edit: No hurry now, I'll add anyone that could cinsider playing me :p . Video will be up later today hopefully (not that anyone care, it was just a great oppurtunity to test my recording device properly)

Vids:
Duker VS Kirk; Part 1

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've got some time to kill. FC on the left.

See you there.

EDIT:

GGs

Button lag could have been better xD I've got to run now. Catch ya later.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I keep getting some error. "Disconnected from network during transmission". It worked yesterday in "with anyone" Brawl, but it's seems to be temporary according to wiierrorcodes.com ...

I got beaten... no surprise there :p . No johns.

The Capt. Falcon there suddenly was just for the lulz.
It failed.

Aetherciding like crazy :s.

Got any tips perhaps?

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Duker, I'm from MN, which is a part of the cold north. xD Perhaps we could have some matches, but not "right nao." :( my fc is in the sig-i'll add you for some later matches as a "just in case" thing. Let me know if you add me. :)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Well the "right NAO" part is mostly because I planned to play now :p , I'll add you. Bummer I can't edit the title.

null55

Smash Master
I'll play you, but I'm really bad online. I've only done it once before, and I couldn't really adapt to it.
Don't really judge how good I am based on a WiFi match :lick:

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I can possibly play you now too. But my online performance is usually poor, and I'm still working on bringing my game up. just pm if anything.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Aight, I've added both of you. Bring it on!

And on the topic of lag, I'm.... not bothered by it. Not one bit. After two mins playing I have adapted almost perfectly...

And for the video (doubt anyone cares), I'm having some truble optimising it. Still experimenting like crazy to find the perfect format.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Good games. You had me by the ropes. Earlier you mentioned that you were recording them, if anything send them my way. Hope to battle you again soon :)

Edit: My friend is going to take over for me. He uses DDD, Marth and Diddy, so be careful (he can be sick sometimes)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Well, I still didn't win... not even ONCE! I suck :p .

Your friend sure like chaingrabs...

And the recording is 55 mins long (2.52 Gigabyte o_O"), and that was without the first two matches o_O. It's gonna take some time to split it up and upload to youtube. I'll post all links here when I'm done.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Well, I still didn't win... not even ONCE! I suck :p .

Your friend sure like chaingrabs...

And the recording is 55 mins long (2.52 Gigabyte o_O"), and that was without the first two matches o_O. It's gonna take some time to split it up and upload to youtube. I'll post all links here when I'm done.
You don't suck, we both just ended up making some mistakes.At least we can learn from them and better improve our game. I bet your game would have been better offline than online if anything.

And my friend on the otherhand, he likes to chaingrab to put additional pressure on the opponent. Offline though, he changes strategy completely.

wow, 2.52 gb...I wasn't expecting it that much. By anychance, can you send me some of the videos as an attachment when you get the chance (my e-mail should be on my profile)

Duker

Smash Journeyman
You don't suck, we both just ended up making some mistakes.At least we can learn from them and better improve our game. I bet your game would have been better offline than online if anything.

And my friend on the otherhand, he likes to chaingrab to put additional pressure on the opponent. Offline though, he changes strategy completely.

wow, 2.52 gb...I wasn't expecting it that much. By anychance, can you send me some of the videos as an attachment when you get the chance (my e-mail should be on my profile)
Shuddup, if I say I suck I suck :p .
Nah jk.
IMO it's better to say I suck so others can say I don't, than say I'm good and others say I aren't :p .

I just wish I hadn't Aethercided like that <.< .

I'm going to shorten it down (remove everything between matches basicly) and encode it properly, then see how large it'll get before I promise you I can send it. One single match is very roughly 40mb/min with the encoding I use for Kirk's fights, will probably try to lower that...

Edit: Got that down to 20-25MB/min, takes a buttload of time to render though.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
20MB/min? That's 2730 kbps, if my calculations are correct, which is far too much. 500 kbps should be sufficient for most applications, and even less is fine if you're uploading to Youtube.

What are you using to capture/encode, anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom