• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone playing SSBM in Hong Kong?

_aLeX_

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody,

I'm a french player (student in law) and i've learnt today that i will be able to attend a degree for year 2014 (september) to 2015 (maybe june). Then I rushed into the smashbords to know if, by any chance, some smashers could be met in order to play.

So, HK smashers, feel free to take my contact!

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
Hey Alex, I'm a smasher from England and live in Shenzhen now which is right next to Hong Kong. I don't have any pads or a setup here but it should be easy enough for us to get them if you aren't bringing yours. I might be a bit rusty but I'll be up for playing some smash with you and it's no problem for me to go across the border into Hong Kong as long as I have some free time. We can try to organise something when you've arrived and settled if you're still interested.

Dan

Last edited:

anjohns

Smash Rookie
Ooh! I am studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and will be here until June 2015. I'm an American studying abroad but I speak Mandarin and Canto so other than Smash I can offer you some general help with getting settled if you like. More than anything I just need people to smash with. There are some of my friends over here with the exchange program as well but they aren't particularly good. Keep me updated friend!

zLam

Smash Rookie
I'm working in Hk. Dusted off my cube after two years, so I've still got a singles set up. I'm rusty, but determined. So I'm in if we want this to happen! Location?

Last edited:

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Ooh! I am studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and will be here until June 2015. I'm an American studying abroad but I speak Mandarin and Canto so other than Smash I can offer you some general help with getting settled if you like. More than anything I just need people to smash with. There are some of my friends over here with the exchange program as well but they aren't particularly good. Keep me updated friend!

I'm working in Hk. Dusted off my cube after two years, so I've still got a singles set up. I'm rusty, but determined. So I'm in if we want this to happen! Location?
I just arrived in Shenzhen and will be living here for 4 months. I'm still trying to understand how to do everything here (very difficult when you don't know chinese) it would be nice to meet up and play and travel.

I've been playing on and off competitively in the midwest since the beginning (Ken Era), so it would be great to dust off the rust in China and play.

Thanks

Also a weekly smashfest would be nice.

Last edited:

anjohns

Smash Rookie
I've got another friend here who I've been playing PM with who is trying to get a weekly going. Are you guys strictly Melee? Cause I have a PM setup that could also be a Melee setup.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
So I'm currently in the Futian area (I think that's what it is, not sure cuz I'm still pretty new and I might be just throwing a name around) if we can meet up sometime and play (possibly weekend?) that would be awesome. I don't have a set up but I do have my controller. I live near the science museum I think..

anjohns

Smash Rookie
I don't have a mainland visa yet so I can't get into Shenzhen. But if you're ever on your way into Hong Kong we can play!

PrestonK

Smash Cadet
I just arrived in Hong Kong and I'll be living in Central for the next few months. However, I've only played smash 64 competitively so if you're simply looking for another person to play with, then I wouldn't mind playing the other games.

anjohns

Smash Rookie
It's pretty easy to get a 64 emulator working on a Wii, I have one right now that works pretty well. I think I'll mostly stick to Melee and PM though for the time being.

Auder

Smash Rookie
Hey! I've been in Zhuhai for a while, which is also somewhat close to Shenzhen and Hong Kong, and I have been dying to find people to play with. I play M and Melee.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hey! I've been in Zhuhai for a while, which is also somewhat close to Shenzhen and Hong Kong, and I have been dying to find people to play with. I play M and Melee.
I used to go to Shenzhen kinda regularly (my aunt lives there). But I only play 64 and I'm not going this year. I'll be in Hong Kong on the 7th to the 12th or something, so if by any chance someone wants to play some 64... Didn't take my controller though.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
I'm in Shenzhen still... -_- and I'm ordering a cube soon and melee so I can play. and possibly a crt lol. the withdrawal symptoms are real

anjohns

Smash Rookie
Me and some of my friends play mostly PM here, but I do have 64 on my Wii and a couple of us play it fairly regularly. We just played PM and 64 tonight actually.

PrestonK

Smash Cadet
Played 64 with Sangoku on my laptop with my 64 adapter and an xbox controller he picked up lol. Fun games. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd like to play 64 on a wii with anything other than a 64 controller or the hori that I have.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I just moved to Hong Kong. I'm currently in Wanchai looking for people to hang out with and play some smash. Hit me up if you want to hang out.

anjohns

Smash Rookie
I wanna play tomorrow (Monday), either PM or Melee, preferably PM I guess. If anyone's around let's get it done. I'm at University station in campus housing so unless you want to trek up a mountain your place may be preferable. I can bring a setup and controllers.

anjohns

Smash Rookie
Alright I've gotten a FB group started for us! Anyone who's in Hong Kong and wants to play can just request to be in the group and I'll add you. Feel free to organize events and such and we can get some stuff going! I'll be doing my best to make sure there is stuff happening as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/866523480025327/

Last edited:

_aLeX_

Smash Rookie
Hello !
I did not watched my thread ! And I see that, actually, some players will be present in HK.
As for me, I arrive in HK on the 12th of september. I won't have any device at all but as aforementioned, I guess this will not be a problem.
Smashers who will be available the year to come, feel free to add me on FB : (facebook.com/alexandre.robert.92)
It would be glad to have the possibility to meet some of you !

NB : i will attend a program in the City University of HK.

DJuszky

Smash Rookie
yo you still in HK ? Just moved over for work till march 2016. You still smashing ?

Lucaspocus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1220-7461-5109
Hi, Im in Hong Kong and I have friends who play smash with me at school. I have netplay for both Melee and Project M, also have sm4sh too.

DJuszky

Smash Rookie
Hi, Im in Hong Kong and I have friends who play smash with me at school. I have netplay for both Melee and Project M, also have sm4sh too.
Where are you staying now ? I live in a staff accomodation so they wont allow visitors, but i can help you source a setup if you need

Ninja101

Smash Rookie
NNID
bilsonby
Hi! I'm a student from Hong Kong who is also finding smashers here. Most of my friends think that Nintendo is for kids and they just stick with their PS4 and XBOX ONE all day. It's nice to see that there is hope :D

I usually player Smash 4 but i'm interested in learning Melee too.

Last edited:

mrjailz

Smash Rookie
I'm coming to Hong Kong for 2 months. Are there regular meetups at all?
Hi! I'm a student from Hong Kong who is also finding smashers here. Most of my friends think that Nintendo is for kids and they just stick with their PS4 and XBOX ONE all day. It's nice to see that there is hope :D

I usually player Smash 4 but i'm interested in learning Melee too.
Alright I won't lie, I rarely check Smashboards, so sorry for not replying. I'm pretty desperate to play though. I have 1 controller (maybe can find more), and the game. I live at HKUST with no CRT, and it's kind of far from most people, but I'd really like to meet and play if anyone's interested. I'm not really good at all, I've only attended a few tourneys in Socal and never made it out of pools.

Lets get something going this summer guys! (2016)

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Alright I won't lie, I rarely check Smashboards, so sorry for not replying. I'm pretty desperate to play though. I have 1 controller (maybe can find more), and the game. I live at HKUST with no CRT, and it's kind of far from most people, but I'd really like to meet and play if anyone's interested. I'm not really good at all, I've only attended a few tourneys in Socal and never made it out of pools.

Lets get something going this summer guys! (2016)
I'm not in HK anymore, but there's a semi regular meetup that happens near olympic station. Join the facebook group and post there if you haven't already.

Top Bottom