• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone plan on Maining Wario?

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Honestly Wario is the character I hope to try out first before any others (assuming he's a starter). As a user of the slow-but-strong characters (with the exception of Meta-Knight), I really am anxious to try out his undoubtably unique abilities.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Hoping to try him out as one of the first, only second to Diddy Kong (or Geno if confirmed), he's a cool character, and anyone who tries to stomp Mario is cool in my book. :)

Nice specials, great FS, looking forward to using him.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I wanted to say this in another thread, but since I found you as the last poster I'll say it here... WeeklyJumpman, your signature is made of awesome, because of the right character...

mashed_taters

Smash Rookie
I will probably main Wario because he looks awesome and fun to play. He might kind of suck though but i hope he's good.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
wont be my main and i probably wont play him all that much but if hes descent i might use him to piss of my friend who hates wario.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
After todays update (Overalls Wario) i think i will change my mind and actually main him. That yellow and and purple costumes is so retroriffic. It seems like no one will play him. I was thinking about Pokemon Trainer but tons of people will play him, and c'mon he has a motorcycle how cool is that.

rykall

Smash Cadet
I'll main him. But not the Classic Wario. I don't like the idea of the Classic Wario turning into Wario Man and kicking some serious ***. I don't really see him riding the Chopper neither.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
i wont main him...he doesnt sound like a charicter 4 tourney's and such but he sounds like a charicter used 4 freindly games
Yeah, I will use Meta-Knight for tourney's and Wario for friendly games. Meta-Knight just screams top tier, and he just looks cool. Wario looks like the character you play for fun but is not very good.:urg: Like Mewtwo in Melee or Mr. G&W.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
blah why is everyone making tiers?
there's no way there are tiers yet, even with the demo that people have played.
first of all it's only the demo, and second of all we need to compare everyone in the roster with each other, and we don't even know who the entire roster is. i also hope wario is at least middle tier, but there's no way to tell until a few months after the game is out :p

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
ARGH
if the game is balanced then won't everyone just all be in the same tier?
i think RIGHT NOW everyone is under rating wario
without knowing anything about a character you can't say how good they'll be

so i'm thinking krystal is goin to be in brawl
.. so im just goin to say this, not knowing anything about her, that she's top tier!!!
pretty much the same thing

WARIO FTW

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I am totally going to try to main Wario. He just fits me.

"Oh look, a fat white guy. Let me guess, you main Wario?" XD

That, and the ability to run Wario Chopper off the edge & hit you, dismount, use Wario Waft as a double-edgeguard/spike to propel me high enough to recover to the stage makes me want to main him.

Horrible recovery with up-b might be the thing that kills his potential though... keep in mind we haven't seen that yet.
His recovery is in the OP, near the end of the video when they are all fighting.

Doesn't look TERRIBLE, not great either though.

He probably recovers just fine.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
ARGH
if the game is balanced then won't everyone just all be in the same tier?
i think RIGHT NOW everyone is under rating wario
without knowing anything about a character you can't say how good they'll be

so i'm thinking krystal is goin to be in brawl
.. so im just goin to say this, not knowing anything about her, that she's top tier!!!
pretty much the same thing

WARIO FTW
yeah but there are only literally a handful of games that are perfectly balanced. since this is only the 2nd smash bros, it's not likely it'll be completely balanced. that would be a dream though to have perfect balance. tru dat on the tiers though.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
yeah but there are only literally a handful of games that are perfectly balanced. since this is only the 2nd smash bros, it's not likely it'll be completely balanced. that would be a dream though to have perfect balance. tru dat on the tiers though.
What were you doing on April 26, 1999 ? I think you missed a great game.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Since all these people are NOT maining wario... I think I might consider doing it, just to be unique.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
With the news from Jump Festa in, it seems Wario isn't that great. You know what that means? Time for us to train to become the next Taj when Brawl comes out :demon:

Geist

Smash Master
I think it would be intresting to be efficient with Wario. Just to see the surprised look (or whatever they do online) when I beat them. =P
Assuming he isn't top tier.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
With overalls wario confirmed and him not being OP or high tier from what I've heard from jump festa AND that not that many other people want to use him, I probably will main him.

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
i will be maining either Wario, Lucas or Zamus, or Krystal/Black Shadow if they make it. But when the first Brawl trailer came out i thought "i can't believe Wario hasn't been in smash so far" and decided to main him. He looks kinda tricky to use, but Overalls Wario secured the deal- he will kick a**. Wario Land is one of my favourite games ever and i look forward to using that signature shoulder charge!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
*If* he has it... I so hope he has it... it's his signature move after all. Anyone can confirm this yet?

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
Seeing as how Wario is my favorite character, I will try as hard as possible to main him. If this, for some reason, does not work out, I still have Mario to fall back on

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
uhh yeah i believe it's on the dojo
they show it for the wario-man FS, and also in the wario-ware stage
Oh yeah I just checked and you're right... Actually I was worried that Wario would be able to tackle only with Wario-Man, but I was wrong... there's no way that move on WarioWare can be anything else than the tackle.

Probably that by saying *sliding* sideways shoulder tackle, Sakurai meant that using Wario-Man, Wario is sliding further than usual.

Good.

Top Bottom