• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone other Kirby mains going to EVO?

storm92

Smash Ace
Like the title said, any other Kirby mains here planning on going to Evo 2008?
Although there aren't specific dates up yet, they confirmed for sure that there will be Brawl (which, in turn, bumped Melee off of the roster).
I'll be attending EvoWest in San Diego, it'll be my first major Smash tournament.

GeekY

Smash Cadet
evo has items. LOL and its 2 stock from what i last saw, unless they changed it.
not many competitive players are going if thats the case. im assuming EVO
wants some random 8 year old boy to win with a Smash Ball and a Golden Hammer ^.^

storm92

Smash Ace
For those looking for locations, http://www.evo2k.com/tournament/ is the official website.

Also, I haven't heard of items on for Evo. That would make sense to me at all. For one, they don't even have rules or dates up for Brawl, so I'm not quite sure where you'd be getting that info. Secondly, when they hosted Melee tournaments, they were never items on, just standard rules.
If items truly are on, then I won't attend.

storm92

Smash Ace
Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.

http://www.evo2k.com/playerGuide/gamerules.php

Yes items are on. I haven't really been planning on going to evo because of this.
Lame #@#!@$% $@#$.
Agh, it was going to be my first big tourney too.
Oh well, it looks like I need some more practice against MK, seeing as he'll be whored at tourneys and I kinda suck against him.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
And also, someone above said it was 2 stock. It's not

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

* Game version: Nintendo Wii
* Game Settings: Singles VS Melee
* First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
* Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
* Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A
1) First stage is Smashville
2) Winner keeps character
3) Loser can either pick stage or character
4) If loser picks stage then character is kept
5) If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B
1) First stage is Smashville
2) Loser picks stage
3) Winner picks character
4) Loser picks character

* 3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
* Items on medium spawn
* Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game
* Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.
* Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m
I know Twilight posted the items section, but I figured I might as well post the rest...

*DOUBLE TAKE*
WAIT THEY DIDN'T BAN RUMBLE FALLS?
WTF, MOVING VERTICAL STAGE? T_T

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
hmm maybe all the kirby mains can go so that we can take all top 8 since most of the better players aren't going XD

ahh but i dont think its worth it... imagine playing championship final round and a greenshell spawns in front of your opponent when he is about to miss with a smash attack and your moving in to punish but he ends up hitting the greenshell and you get killed instead of him and he wins the tourney O.o

Top Bottom