• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone notice the similarities between ike and roy?

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
I mean, I realise there different characters, but you have to admit that they are similar. They both have a fire b move, and have a counter down b. So ike why did they not just leave in roy, and take out ike? roy is obviously more amazing... But there undeniably similar...nintendo must have planned that....

input?

feedback?

comments?

Hinote

Smash Cadet
Because Ike is pretty amazing.

But no, Ike is probably better than Roy. Ike actually has useful aerials, and a longer sword. Why would they not replace Roy if he was just an advertisement? Marth is in because he's the first lord (and he'll be in his third game soon). They wouldn't add Roy instead of the newest lord. That's just stupid.

As for the similarities:
-Sakurai just wanted a slower and more powerful swordsman
-Sakurai likes fire
-Every FE character has counter, apparently

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
...Ike and Roy are different... They have a couple similiarities, but that's IT!

Roy was worth than Marth, that was FACT, since he fell faster yet was LIGHTER, was weaker and SLOWER, ect. Ike is slower too, but he is much more powerful and has different moves.

So yeah, they're different. I only saw three similiarities as mentioned above, that's all, sorry. =/

Top Bottom