• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Not going to the Midnight Release?

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Well, I sure can't go cause-

1. It's at Midnight- which leads to more problems:
2. noone in my family is mad enough to lose sleep over a stupid game
3. I'm not mad enough to stay up to go to a convention of 30 year olds staying up to get an awsome game. (I'm only 14.)
4. it's on Sunday- I'm Staying True to Christianity, and worship God over a game.

It's dissapointing, very dissapointing, casue i want to get the game, BADLY.
Sucks that Nintendo isn't aware of Religious Gamers.

Anyone not going besides these resons? I hope i'm not the only one who isn't going.:urg::urg:

Mods i beg of you, do not lock thread!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
We got hit by a ****ing blizzard today--of all days! So now not only have all of the local stores closed, but they will not reopen for a midnight release. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

:(

SirPsychoMantis

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to the midnight release for the tournament and festivities, my copy is in the air being shipped to me right now.

Corn

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to the midnight realease. I'm patitent...

Or perhaps...

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I won't be going at midnight, since I'll be working on a paper till 4 AM. But I'm going to Walmart then, and if they're already sold out, I'll probably be first in line at Target. :p

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Well the eb games i preordered at isn't doing a midnight release...so ye

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
I'm certainly not. The store I preordered it from isn't having a midnight release. But I could care less, I'm getting my game tomorrow, and I don't mind waiting another night. Sucks for those going to church, haha.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm not going because I'm resting for the Arena Tournament in Wow.

Gonna kick some Community Manager's *****.

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
I was planning on going, but my parents decided I needed more sleep >_<

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
im waiting until like noon cuz ive waited 8 months (thats when i heard about it) and i think i can wait another few hours to get it and no one that i live with will wanna go with me to get it. Im not even doin the tournament. so i can wait jus a bit longer.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
lol OP.

Im going for the exact reasons you are (cept number 2+ 4). I wanna pwn some arrogant 30 yr olds. (b/c im 15 and lulz will result)

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
We got hit by a ****ing blizzard today--of all days! So now not only have all of the local stores closed, but they will not reopen for a midnight release. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

:(
I see you are also from Ohio. I know your pain, too. =[

c4pt41n 0l1m4r

Smash Rookie
im going to the tournament and i already paid off the game, so ill snag that at 1200 and go. what sucks though is that i have to go to work at 8:30, and ill probably be up most of the night............but you know what, it's worth it.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I was going to go.

But then my friend told me that this other store already had brawl in stock and selling it!

So i think i'll just cruise through SSE.

Armadeo

Smash Rookie
I'm not going either. I'm in college, and my car is an hour and a half away. Regardless, I don't care too much. I'll have Brawl by Monday, and, being an ex-gamestop employee, I've been forced to attend so many midnight releases that the very thought of willingly going to one puts a bad taste in my mouth. I still have nightmares about the night Halo 2 was released.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'm going, and strangely enough my mom is going too. I am getting it at Sam's Club though and I don't have a card/membership, and she does, so there is a reason for it. Otherwise I would be sitting in the cold by myself.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
Rather just pick it up in the morning. If there were any game I'd go to a midnight release for, it'd be smash. Maybe next time.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
1. It's at Midnight- which leads to more problems:
2. noone in my family is mad enough to lose sleep over a stupid game
3. I'm not mad enough to stay up to go to a convention of 30 year olds staying up to get an awsome game. (I'm only 14.)
4. it's on Sunday- I'm Staying True to Christianity, and worship God over a game.

It's dissapointing, very dissapointing, casue i want to get the game, BADLY.
Sucks that Nintendo isn't aware of Religious Gamers.
Excuse me?

I'm a Christian. I'm a youth leader at my church.

I'm going to go pick up the game at midnight, coming home, playing for an hour or so, waking up Sunday Morning and going to my 11:45AM church service. What's wrong with that? I'm not putting God before the game, that would be me skipping out of church to play Brawl. But I'm not doing that.

What's wrong with Christians going to a midnight release?

freetyme

Smash Cadet
I am from OHIO. we got hit by a blizzard. I'm by Cincinatti though so I don't think their closed as much as some northern cities... It's just a matter if the roads will be cleared enough to get there.

edit: I've noticed some of you cited church as a reason, well mine got cancelled so that's not an issue for me. I'm just wondering if Gamestop is open.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Excuse me?

I'm going to go pick up the game at midnight, coming home, playing for an hour or so, waking up Sunday Morning and going to my 11:45AM church service. What's wrong with that? I'm not putting God before the game, that would be me skipping out of church to play Brawl. But I'm not doing that.

QFT

I was wondering the same thing. Me and my bro are both going. And he is going 2 church 2morrow at 11:00.

(I have work.)

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
At least you guys have SUNDAY!!! *slaps myself in the face* i shouldn't be saying that. It's Nintendo's Stupiditity deciding to release a game on SUNDAY, other than TUESDAY( which by the way, happens to be the NORMAL release day for nintendo games.) It's there unrealizing thats gonna cost them some sales, cause There is a Verry good sized christian gaming community, who put God's Commands first before an Awsome Game. MONDAY, CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY!!! (After School) :(

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
At least you guys have SUNDAY!!! *slaps myself in the face* i shouldn't be saying that. It's Nintendo's Stupiditity deciding to release a game on SUNDAY, other than TUESDAY( which by the way, happens to be the NORMAL release day for nintendo games.) It's there unrealizing thats gonna cost them some sales, cause There is a Verry good sized christian gaming community, who put God's Commands first before an Awsome Game. MONDAY, CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY!!! (After School) :(
Ironic.

I'm a 14-year old Christian too.

And what's wrong with getting the game at midnight if I still go to church tomorrow morning? :p

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
QFT

I was wondering the same thing. Me and my bro are both going. And he is going 2 church 2morrow at 11:00.

(I have work.)
Excuse me?

I'm Not accusing anyone here, But my family believes it's wrong to buy stuff on Sunday. I don't know why, maybe cause it's not resting? I don't know, but United Reformed Churches and Baptists Are VERY Strict on law, but i gotta follow them, Worshipping God/Jesus/Holy Spirit (Whoot 3 in 1) is VERY important. but sunday afternoon is gonna suck when i got no Brawl or Nascar. but it will be all worth worshipping God.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
If you were christian enough, god would give you the ability to purchase it at midnight and attend church in the morning. I guess you don't have enough holy spirit in you like the rest of the gamers going. Praise jesus.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i'm not going, mine is being delivered to me, which sucks cuz i might have to wait a little longer.
that and i'm only 14 and my parents would never take me there @ midnight

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
manitoban labor laws, stores won't be open for the midnight release and won't open till sunday at noon.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going although I been asked by a few people who wanted to go. No, I'm going to sit in my dorm and unwillingly study for my week of midterms that occurs with Brawl.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
If you were christian enough, god would give you the ability to purchase it at midnight and attend church in the morning. I guess you don't have enough holy spirit in you like the rest of the gamers going. Praise jesus.
That doesn't Work, Your Views are VERY WRONG!!!

For starters: No one can be more christian than others.
second: capitolize God and Jesus, Please, or don't.
third: As a United Reformed/Baptist, we don't believe in buying stuff on Sunday, because of the Jesus driving out merchants in the Synagouge. EVEN IF IT's At midnight, and PLEASE STOP TALKING RELIGIOUS, AS MUCH AS IT IS IMPORTANT, THE MODS WILL HALT THIS TOPIC!

Top Bottom