• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone messing with the new hacks?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Occasionally I pop in and out of the smashboards now just to see if something drastic has happened. Brawl so far can't keep my interest, as some of you guys know, I just bounce on and off; however, the SBR has been talking about these latest hacks and it's looking quite ballin. I just wanted to know what the guys of my general area think.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I don't do the l-cancel or hitstun codes since they're a bit ridiculous, but Wavedashing is hella fun.

I have to make sure not to play it too often though, cause I end up trying to wave land aerials or WD to pick up my gyro during a tourney.

It's also fun playing with the stage modifier codes. Disabling movement makes stages like Wario Ware or Pictochat actually playable again since it stays in the default position.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've got no tripping, Wavedashing and L-canceling. It's alright, but frankly, it doesn't seem to improve the game all that much. Wavedashing is useful, but a little bit buggy, and is easily screwed up by buuffering. L-canceling isn't useful for most of the cast, since most characters already have almost no landing lag on aerials, and it's downright broken with Snake, but I go on about that too much.

I'm kinda scared of how bad it would get with more hitstun.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
I've got no tripping, Wavedashing and L-canceling. It's alright, but frankly, it doesn't seem to improve the game all that much. Wavedashing is useful, but a little bit buggy, and is easily screwed up by buuffering. L-canceling isn't useful for most of the cast, since most characters already have almost no landing lag on aerials, and it's downright broken with Snake, but I go on about that too much.

I'm kinda scared of how bad it would get with more hitstun.
Falcon can combo everything. I hate the wavedashing honestly, it feels too buggy. Only thing with a bawrl + tourney is that Snake would have to be banned.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Honestly I don't think that Snake would be too much of a problem. I've been keeping up with the discussion in the back room, and very few have talked about Snake. At the moment Fox and Ike are the shining stars, as wavedashing brings waveshining back, and Ike with less lag is quite a beast.

I also don't think wavedashing is very buggy. Yeah, it looks weird, but it looked weird in Melee too before people got used to it. It also seems like S-canceling is preferred over L-canceling, as it does a handful of things. 1, S-canceling is more effective at canceling lag than L-canceling, and 2, it homoginizes everyones aerial lag (makes everyone have a static amount of lag on their laggy moves when it is canceled). S-canceling really opens up doors for slower characters like Ike, Ganon, and Bowser.

The hitstun code might be a bit too much at the moment too. There are a lot of things up in the air really, but it all looks very promising.

Oh, yeah, Samus... I don't see how Samus is godmode with hax. All of her aerials autocancel anyways, so she would actually be worse off with S-canceling. She might combo like a badass though with the hitstun code though, which would make up for that quite a bit.

Top Bottom