• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know more about this Bair ledge spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
I like watching Pac-Man youtube videos to see if I can find something new about Pac-Man and I can't test right now but I saw this clip of a pac man ledge spiking (I guess it's called a ledge spike?) with his Bair.

Anyone got any info or an explanation on it?
I'm curious as to why it spikes, if it always does.

Here's the full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrC0gdFXC4

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Actually the more I look at it, I think it's doing that because he's kicking them towards the stage so I'm guessing it's a stage spike. Not that weird I guess. Haha.

Spirst

I would imagine it has to do with the ledge placement. A piece of the ledge protrudes horizontally outward and it looks like that was why the spike is as such. The initial hit of the bair sends Villager into the wall and then she bounces on the underside of the protruding ledge area then goes straight downwards. Stage spikes can happen on every stage with a hard surface next to the ledge. Just looks like this because of the jutting ledge.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
I would imagine it has to do with the ledge placement. A piece of the ledge protrudes horizontally outward and it looks like that was why the spike is as such. The initial hit of the bair sends Villager into the wall and then she bounces on the underside of the protruding ledge area then goes straight downwards. Stage spikes can happen on every stage with a hard surface next to the ledge. Just looks like this because of the jutting ledge.
Yeah, most likely this happened. Pac-Man lacks any meteors in his aerials and the Villager did look like she'd bounced off the lip of the stage, so I'd have to agree with you there. Still, that was a nice stock taken off the Villager, considering her godly recovery.

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the more I looked the more I realized it's just a stage spike. Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom