• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know how to down B cancel?

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I was just using a computer Boozer to test some combo's on, when out of no where the cpu cancels the Down B. Usually you have a lot of lag time after landing but, the CPU used the down B then from the air and then instantly did the down B again from the ground. So I was wondering, does anyone know how to do this? I've seen a fair share of boozer matches but, never this tech. Does it require some insane frame perfect timing that makes in not worth the risk or something?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
LOL WTF that doesn't even make any sense!

I'll stick to the online rule of thumb: Vids or it didn't happne!

lol jk man I believe you but I don't think you explained it well enough.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
I thought I explained it pretty well, he simply used the down B, and then had no landing lag (not a ledge cancel, I've seen Gimpy do that plenty of times) and then did the down B right as he landed which showed he really had zero lag from the attack. And I'm sure I didn't attack because I was dashing from the other side of final destination when it happened with Marth, I wasn't even close to him yet.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
True, I had already assumed its probably a glitch or bug of some sorts. Although that doesn't mean someone couldn't learn how to use it and apply it to there game. Samus's super wave dash is a glitch correct? Couldn't this be the same type of thing?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this is possible and i've done it before, oftentimes this happens if theres a person standing close to the edge of a platform or something and you are going for the edge

one time i did a down b to the edge of a platform, hit the shield of the person, which pushed me just enough to cancel the down b's lag, into an instant forward air that sheild poked

at least thats what i'm imagining is happening, i mean i dont really plan that out very often haha

it just seems to cancel the lag every so often lol

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Anything a computer can do, a human can do better.
forbidden smash DI.

but i digress... ive never heard of this, and im gonna have to agree that its juts some kind of one in a million chance glitch. i know ive seen a few in my day, but thanks for sharing with the bowser community. who knows, maybe you can play around with it and perfect the technique.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
there has to be of doing it, i've done it numerous times. A few even on FD, and i'm pretty sure it wasn't close to the edge.

No practical use in discovering it with Brawl coming up, unless someone here is going to abandon Brawl cause they're gay -_-

Top Bottom