• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know how to compose some music?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
See, I was thinking, some of the most remember combo videos are one's with their own music in it.

So, although I'm doing all the work for the video myself, I was thinking maybe i could get some help in the music department. I'm not asking for much than to make a bada$s song. i'll let you know what I have in mind and see what you can do, if any of you are interested.

I REALLY want to have a custom made song for this video. If i have to pay ya, I will. But I have a price ceiling.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Compose? Yes. Play? Not so much.

What did you have in mind when you meant ******?

did you mean...metal? Speed? Awesome Lyrics? Be a bit more specific...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
See, I was going to be specific when someone expressed some interest. I was hoping someone with experience in Fruity Loops and programs like it would help.

I was thinking something guitar focused. Rock/metal. A remix of one of the Star Fox songs with a guitar solo where I would fit in the best combos. something not but five minutes long (And I do understand THAT length can be a task, what with it taking so long to piece together a video).Something like that, and I have example song (One that may get across what I'm envisioning).

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
See, I was going to be specific when someone expressed some interest. I was hoping someone with experience in Fruity Loops and programs like it would help.

I was thinking something guitar focused. Rock/metal. A remix of one of the Star Fox songs with a guitar solo where I would fit in the best combos. something not but five minutes long (And I do understand THAT length can be a task, what with it taking so long to piece together a video).Something like that, and I have example song (One that may get across what I'm envisioning).
Rock/Metal, okay.

Remix of a Starfox Song, sounds about right.

I'll look some up, and see what I can do.

I can use Fruity Loops. Well? We'll see about that one.

EDIT: I have to pay for Fruity Loops, nvm. I used the Demo.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hmmm, I write some **** if you're interested. But its alt-hip-hop and probably not what you are looking for at all, unless you just really want some original music. Here is a song that I didn't produce the drums on and left a lot of mistakes, then made it even worse by compressing it down a huge amount down to MP3, so the quality sucks.

http://crashic.tumblr.com/post/471078458/the-cruise-by-my-crashic

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Dude. You live on these forums, and you didn't see me post about my stuff earlier? I love making music. Just give me an excuse.

Like seriously, at my peak, I'd crank out ten minute tracks in a day. I'm like a Floops Master.

No guitar from me, though.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
it sucks, did i ever give you the flp or something lol

i'm stuck on dubstep :\

and it's weird cause i got a better pc, it still sux but it is a bump up from what i had,
i can't run vsts so all i do is just run 3xosc and make my own sounds with samples. :|
my fl crashes/clips doesn't work half the time.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was also thinking of a remix of the original DBR combo video song Shine Blind. Since this will be a Fox specific combo video.

Dude. You live on these forums, and you didn't see me post about my stuff earlier? I love making music. Just give me an excuse.

Like seriously, at my peak, I'd crank out ten minute tracks in a day. I'm like a Floops Master.

No guitar from me, though.
Anything is good, really. I would prefer guitar, but that's personal taste on my part. As long as there can be included some sort of solo (most people go crazy for the simplest stuff, too) that I can fit in the best combos, I'm good.

also - :( Where's that post with your materials?

I took a look at your track Crashic. Something like that could work . . . but that would be a stretch, and a difficult process. :embarrass

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZIO, I posted this track a few months back. I intended to get more stuff up. That track isn't one of my more "combo video" type tracks, but I think it showcases my abilities pretty well.

Basically, instead of guitar, I do crazy tb303 acid stuff.

it sucks, did i ever give you the flp or something lol

i'm stuck on dubstep :\

and it's weird cause i got a better pc, it still sux but it is a bump up from what i had,
i can't run vsts so all i do is just run 3xosc and make my own sounds with samples. :|
my fl crashes/clips doesn't work half the time.
I got the midi. And what I've done so far is lying around somewhere.

That sucks about your FL being so buggy on a new PC. I'm in the market for a new box, so I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me. It's not like it's terrible, though. 3xOsc is a tremendously underrated synth.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That wasn't bad, Ph00t. I would need something a higher tempo, and a some set tune (chorus?).

Another song I was considering to make the combo video song was this. I would love to deal with no lyrics, IMO. Just that song has an intro that works well with me introducing Adam and the combo video before it starts. The song is a little slow, but I can always work with it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That wasn't bad, Ph00t. I would need something a higher tempo, and a some set tune (chorus?).

Another song I was considering to make the combo video song was this. I would love to deal with no lyrics, IMO. Just that song has an intro that works well with me introducing Adam and the combo video before it starts. The song is a little slow, but I can always work with it.
I dig. Actually The Color Green is pretty slow and contemplative compared to my usual stuff. I should just upload some of it. Some of it may be close to what you're looking for. And I'd be capable of doing some more thematic stuff. Most of my stuff is minimalist and weird, but it's grounded in sound music theory, I assure you.

Top Bottom