• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Anyone keeping the 3DS Version after Smash Wii U comes out?

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I had a conversation with a friend and I realized that I'll most likely sell back Sm4sh 3DS after the Wii U version. The way I see it, Smash Run/Single Player modes aren't enough to urge me to play it on the go. I'm not even going to touch it at home when I have a Wii U.

Thoughts?

AkitoUF

Smash Rookie
Why not?
I'm among the people who aren't planning on buying a Wii U. Ever.

D

Deleted member 245254

I had a conversation with a friend and I realized that I'll most likely sell back Sm4sh 3DS after the Wii U version. The way I see it, Smash Run/Single Player modes aren't enough to urge me to play it on the go. I'm not even going to touch it at home when I have a Wii U.

Thoughts?
The only possible reason a post like this could exist is that you are trying to validate your choice on the matter. If you want to give up a mobile version of Smash (IE the ability to play Smash when you aren't at home), knock yourself out.

Of course, if you're always home then go for it. It's your prerogative.

In any case, not everyone is the same, so obviously there will be a large number of people hanging on to the game, whether it be liking the mobile advantage or just not wanting to buy a Wii U entirely.

Why sell the game?

I'd be abandoning all my friends who can't get the Wii U version... and possibly Mewtwo.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I guess I didn't really think of people who just had a 3DS haha.
Why sell the game?

I'd be abandoning all my friends who can't get the Wii U version... and possibly Mewtwo.
You don't have to worry! As long as you register the 3DS version on Club Nintendo you should be fine. Nintendo already said though he'd be paid DLC for people who don't have both.

That's true about your friends though.

I guess I didn't really think of people who just had a 3DS haha.

You don't have to worry! As long as you register the 3DS version on Club Nintendo you should be fine. Nintendo already said though he'd be paid DLC for people who don't have both.

That's true about your friends though.
Well, I said possibly. Who knows what could happen? :p

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
WiiU has sold a TON less units than the 3ds. That alone warrents keeping the 3ds one. I know a lot of people that refuse to buy the wiiu but have a 3ds.

3DS is a very good system. I wish the "New 3DS" *shudders at the name* was more of a new console rather than a new version. Better graphics, speeds, etc etc rather than tweaks an actual overhaul.

WiiU has a lot of issues and bad vibes surrounding it. In comparison to PS4 or even Xbone theres almost no games for it worth mentioning (i can only think of 5 that i like....period....and im not rating them favorites just i like them).

I would be kinda surprised if so many people spontaneously bought a wiiu because of sm4sh that the units sold evens out. It will jump, dont get me wrong i bought my wiiu purely for monster hunter 3u lol but not THAT many people do that.

WiiU has sold a TON less units than the 3ds. That alone warrents keeping the 3ds one. I know a lot of people that refuse to buy the wiiu but have a 3ds.

3DS is a very good system. I wish the "New 3DS" *shudders at the name* was more of a new console rather than a new version. Better graphics, speeds, etc etc rather than tweaks an actual overhaul.

WiiU has a lot of issues and bad vibes surrounding it. In comparison to PS4 or even Xbone theres almost no games for it worth mentioning (i can only think of 5 that i like....period....and im not rating them favorites just i like them).

I would be kinda surprised if so many people spontaneously bought a wiiu because of sm4sh that the units sold evens out. It will jump, dont get me wrong i bought my wiiu purely for monster hunter 3u lol but not THAT many people do that.
That's definitely not a problem.

Every gamer I know is deciding on buying a Wii U right now because of Smash. Plus if Mario Kart 8 can sell in the millions, Smash can definitely do just as good -- maybe better. Sales just aren't an issue when it comes to Nintendo titles.

As for the ''no games'' part, I'd be happy to recommend you tons of awesome stuff. :p

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Nah. I never usually sell or return games, like ever. (The only game I've ever returned was Gears of War 2. Absolutely hated it...). I'm more just handing it off to my sister who actually owns the 3DS. Will I play it again? Probably not to be honest. But that's just me.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
My 3DS version would primarily be used when I'm not at home and on vacation, visiting family, etc. Wii U, on the other hand would be my general go-to game considering it is in general, seems better in almost every way (except Smash Run) as long as no one is taking up the TV.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no reasons to part way with the 3DS version. It is not always that I will want to go to the living room to play Smash on my Wii U. The 3DS version will be great for when I want to play a bit on the bed before sleeping (I don't have a TV in my room and I don't want to move the Wii U from the living room to my room only to play Smash on the Gamepad). Plus, I bought the game digitally, so unless I sell my 3DS (which I will not do, because Majora's Mask), there is no way I could sell Smash 3DS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll keep it. Although I am almost finished getting everything (achieved through many bus journeys), I'll still find some use for it. Especially when the New 3DS comes out, as well as added Amiibo support.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
That's definitely not a problem.

Every gamer I know is deciding on buying a Wii U right now because of Smash. Plus if Mario Kart 8 can sell in the millions, Smash can definitely do just as good -- maybe better. Sales just aren't an issue when it comes to Nintendo titles.

As for the ''no games'' part, I'd be happy to recommend you tons of awesome stuff. :p
Oh i have no doubt it will sell like crazy. Im just saying compared to the 3ds which has a TON more units sold, i'd be surprised if its even balanced between them let alone passing them and making the 3ds version obsolete. My fear of the wiiu version is that certain times of the day might be totally dead online, since i had that issue with MH3U. More units have sold since then though so i could be wrong (hopefully).
And i didnt say theres 0 games, i said in comparison. I own and enjoy:
Mario Kart 8
MH3U
Pikmin3
Hyrule Warriors
New Super Luigi U (then again this is just a typical mario game, but its HARD which is why i like it)
Wind Waker HD (port, but vastly better than GC version)

The other games available either have no appeal to me (unusual setting, sounds dumb) or downright suck (wonderful 101.......i hate that game so much)

If i listed off the games i wanted for a PS3/4 i would probably be typing for about 30minutes. I dont own a playstation though because i have a thing against multiple consoles (theyre WAY expensive when you start doing that) and i have always been a nintendo fan anyway.

I WANT the Wiiu to get popular. I just dont think it will because of the bad vibe and difficulty of programming for 3rd party games potential.

Last edited:

Soul.

Yes, because I'm not interested on the Wii U. There are more people with a 3DS anyways, not to mention it's getting good games. If you don't want to play Smash 3DS, you don't have to. Nobody's going to force you to play it. Same goes for the Wii U version.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
I'll be keeping mine, I have a few friends at College who like to have a match during break. Plus, it gives me a reason to take my 3DS out of the house, I need them tokens.

Oh i have no doubt it will sell like crazy. Im just saying compared to the 3ds which has a TON more units sold, i'd be surprised if its even balanced between them let alone passing them and making the 3ds version obsolete. My fear of the wiiu version is that certain times of the day might be totally dead online, since i had that issue with MH3U. More units have sold since then though so i could be wrong (hopefully).
And i didnt say theres 0 games, i said in comparison. I own and enjoy:
Mario Kart 8
MH3U
Pikmin3
Hyrule Warriors
New Super Luigi U (then again this is just a typical mario game, but its HARD which is why i like it)
Wind Waker HD (port, but vastly better than GC version)

The other games available either have no appeal to me (unusual setting, sounds dumb) or downright suck (wonderful 101.......i hate that game so much)

If i listed off the games i wanted for a PS3/4 i would probably be typing for about 30minutes. I dont own a playstation though because i have a thing against multiple consoles (theyre WAY expensive when you start doing that) and i have always been a nintendo fan anyway.

I WANT the Wiiu to get popular. I just dont think it will because of the bad vibe and difficulty of programming for 3rd party games potential.
Don't skip games if they look weird or sound dumb. This is Nintendo we're talking about. The weirder the game is, the better. By the way, I loved The Wonderful 101! I think it's one of the best action games I've ever played! :laugh:

Back on topic now, the online being dead really isn't an issue. Comparing it to Monster Hunter isn't really a good idea. Comparing it to Mario Kart would be a better fit. I've had Mario Kart since launch, and I have rarely been unable to find a full lobby.

D

Deleted member

Well, uh, I'll obviously keep it. I'm almost done with getting everything but it's worth playing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Any games I buy from the stores or order online I always keep...unless it's Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.

So in other words, I'm definitely keeping the 3DS version after the Wii U version comes out.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i'm not planning on buying the wii u version, so definitely. i'll just save my money for other stuff and practice on the 3ds version since the two versions will likely be nearly identical.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I got mines digitally so I can't really sell it for cash. :p
But I cannot lie when I say that I probably won't touch the 3DS version when the Wii U one releases.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
I'll keep playing th 3DS when I get out of my house, and the Wii U version when I'm home alone or with friends

Eruption

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4571-0116-2070
I'll continue playing 3ds version since i can basically play it anywhere i go.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'll continue playing the 3DS version just to play with friends. But the Wii U version is going to be my go-to version.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I don't see why I wouldn't. Gives me a chance to play it on the go if I'm not gonna be home for a while.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
In all seriousness, I will be keeping my 3DS because I can squeeze in a couple For Glories while I'm taking a poo.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I'll be keeping the 3DS version after the Wii U one comes out. (mainly because i bought it online) I probably won't be using the 3DS one as much as the Wii U though.

also...

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I can't abandon the 3DS version for the following reasons:
1.) I have some friends who can't get a WiiU.
2.) Its single player modes appear to be better than the WiiU ones. I also favor Smash Run.
3.) 28 of the stages are currently unique to this version, and I like their play styles.
4.) Mewtwo, of course.
5.) Who doesn't like to smash on the go?
6.) Smash 3DS has its own competitive scale.
and
7.) I host weekly tournaments for the 3DS version and will do so after Smash U's release.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I don't see why I would get rid of it. I already bought it, and it isn't like I could sell it for much. Also, why give up Smash Run? Honestly, it seems like the best additions in Smash 4 are the party modes.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
1) I'm keeping it to get Mewtwo
2) I'm keeping it to play at school for when I'm bored
3) I'm keeping it because I wasted countless hours grinding to get every custom move (I have them all now)
But I've never, and will never, enter tournaments for it. The controls are god awful, there's lag (both online and local), and the stages are ********. Wii U will be the real game to play.

Brent Bruthaa

Smash Cadet
I stream alot of smash on 3ds on twich with a good following. Although I feel like after wii u version comes out.. no one will watch anymore :p

Top Bottom