• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone in the Rockford, IL area?

Lowbo

Smash Rookie
If you guys are still in the area, I play the New smash 4, and actually live in rockford. I was hoping to find some people who I can play with. Who knows maybe we could go on some tourneys and really gain some skill and experience. I really just want to gain more experience and such.

Edit: I do have a buddy who likes to play also and will probably join us if something comes of it.

Last edited:

jOmOmbO

Smash Rookie
NNID
jOmOmbO
Hey man. I am down to hang out and play Smash with you. I am tired of playing online, it is way too laggy. Watching VGBootcamp and the major Smash 4 tournies are amazing to watch and it's inspiring to do.

jOmOmbO

Smash Rookie
NNID
jOmOmbO
Hey man. I am down to hang out and play Smash with you. I am tired of playing online, it is way too laggy. Watching VGBootcamp and the major Smash 4 tournies are amazing to watch and it's inspiring to do. I am from Elgin IL.

Last edited:

Lowbo

Smash Rookie
You should go next saturday on the 14th to a Crystal Lake Tourny. If you do we can meet up and talk or something.

Find in events and stuff

Eegill

Smash Rookie
I have a total of like 3 people maybe in the area who I can play with on a semi-regular basis. It makes for continuing to suck at the game(s) and whatnot. Not to mention I would just like to get into the Midwest community more. I saw a similar post to this back from November or something, but it was about some dude on a visit. Also I didn't see a just Illinois thread that didn't revolve around Power Rankings. So I'll introduce myself here instead. I'm a pretty permanent resident here and would like to find others to Smash with obviously. Hit me up bros!
Hey bro i live in rockford and would love to play, also check out facebook its a community of people that play smash https://www.facebook.com/groups/rockfordsmash/ hit me and join that group i know we are goin to be playin at the Top Cut Comic in rockford at 3pm on sunday

JoeyG

Smash Rookie
I have a total of like 3 people maybe in the area who I can play with on a semi-regular basis. It makes for continuing to suck at the game(s) and whatnot. Not to mention I would just like to get into the Midwest community more. I saw a similar post to this back from November or something, but it was about some dude on a visit. Also I didn't see a just Illinois thread that didn't revolve around Power Rankings. So I'll introduce myself here instead. I'm a pretty permanent resident here and would like to find others to Smash with obviously. Hit me up bros!
There is going to be a weekly Smash Bros event at CT's Hobbies starting September 15th. Its going to have monthly tournaments and weekly friendly events. CT's is located @ 508 S State st zip 61008. If you want more info, the facebook page has more. Facebook.com/smashbrosrockford

Vro

Smash Lord
I host a weekly series in South Elgin. We had a car from Rockford come out once, it was really cool!

The series is held every Monday night at Stanley's Ale House in South Elgin. Look for the facebook event page called Tech and Roll Series or look on the Chicago-land Melee facebook group. I give free 10m lessons to anyone who signs up for Melee. A friend of mine hosts Sm4sh as well.

Westballz will be at Stanley's on Monday Sept 14th. He will also be at all the other local tournies that weekend, including the biggest monthly which I host: Rubicon 2.

Last edited:

Vro

Smash Lord
Super sorry I posted this on facebook but forgot to post on smashboards. I am no longer coming to Elgin. I'm still super interested in the Rockford scene, so send me an update on when Rock Smash happens.

Top Bottom