• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone in Roanoke/SWVA?

The Alpha and Yanmega

Smash Rookie
I am seeing a lot of NOVA and central virginia but anyone around Roanoke? Honestly I'll be happy if I get like 2 people. Me and a friend are just looking for some more people to play with while trying to avoiding driving a couple hours

Matthew Marshall

Smash Rookie
Personally, I live in a really rural area in eastern Virginia right next to the Potomac River and I have to drive 2 hours up North via I-95 to Chantilly/Manassas in NOVA for my Melee scene. Where I live no one even knows about competitive Smash Bros. lol. 2 hours really isn't that bad of a drive (but I'm use to long drives if I want to do things from living in such a rural area). If you can't get anyone to play with you and your friend, I would suggest trying to look for a scene in Charlottesville--they have a pretty big scene iirc. You're on the Interstate practically the entire drive. Take I-81 and then get on I-64 until you reach Charlottesville (google maps link: https://goo.gl/OcMm2w). Sorry, I know it's not the answer you're looking; especially since it seems silly to drive 2 hours just to play a video game, but imo it's worth it since I love the game so much and have been following competitive Smash for about 2 years. I decided to not be lazy this Summer and not make excuses and found a scene. If you're too young to drive, PM me and I can help you with some ideas to find you and your friend a scene. However, I hope to see Southern Virginia develop bigger scenes!!! With the increase popularity in competitive Smash Bros. in the past couple of years, I don't understand how more Virginia scenes haven't spread more away from NOVA in such a populous state!

The Alpha and Yanmega

Smash Rookie
No need to apologize dude, thanks for the reply. I've scene stuff in like Charlottesville and Greensboro and was thinking about it, but was hoping to at least find one person in Roanoke other than my friend so I could play a little more regularly.

I could certainly do Charlottesville, but not super frequently. Work and school make it rough time wise, but still I'll look into it.

Matthew Marshall

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I completely now what you mean; unfortunately, real life responsibilities get in the way lol. Hopefully you can find some more people in Roanoke! Glad I could help.

Daschet

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm in the Roanoke/Salem area. I'd love to get together and smash. I just started playing competetivly and I'm still learning so it'd be great for practice

Top Bottom