• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone have any tips for Pika?

Insightful

Smash Cadet
I have a lot to learn but i'm pretty much trying to get back into smash, I main Pikachu obv. I wanna compete in some tournaments but I need a lot of practice..... Any tips/Info?

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
go to battlefield and practice quick attack. not only will you need it for recovering, you will need it for approaching opponents, chipping damage and getting out of tight spots.

if you want to go in two directions that aren't up, that is possible here's how:

Do a normal 2 direction quick attack (up, whatever direction you want for the second direction) then input a third direction. the quick attack will still only come out in two directions, but it will be the second and third inputs.

To put that into perspective, here's an example: :GCU:+:GCB:+:GCUR:+:GCUL: = :GCUR::GCUL:

Some inputs for particular situations:

Approaching: :GCU:+:GCB:+:GCL:+:GCDL:

Getting out of tight spots: :GCU:+:GCB:+:GCUR:+:GCUL: | :GCU:+:GCB:+:GCDR:+:GCD:

Chipping damage: :GCU:+:GCB:+:GCR:+:GCL:

Last edited:

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
if you want to go in two directions that aren't up, that is possible here's how:

Do a normal 2 direction quick attack (up, whatever direction you want for the second direction) then input a third direction. the quick attack will still only come out in two directions, but it will be the second and third inputs.
I feel like The_Devious The_Devious 's description might be a little unclear, so let me clarify this part: when you input Quick Attack, you'll hear a noise, and Pikachu will crouch for a moment. During this time, you can input your first direction. While moving, hold down a second direction and Pikachu will move a second time, provided that a) the second direction is at least 38 degrees different from the first, and b) your first movement didn't move Pika into a wall or floor. It's not the number of inputs you punch in, but the timing of those inputs. Pika only cares about the direction you're holding just as he begins to move.

... of course, if you're a veteran Pika, then none of this has changed since Melee.

Last edited:

Insightful

Smash Cadet
I feel like The_Devious The_Devious 's description might be a little unclear, so let me clarify this part: when you input Quick Attack, you'll hear a noise, and Pikachu will crouch for a moment. During this time, you can input your first direction. While moving, hold down a second direction and Pikachu will move a second time, provided that a) the second direction is at least 38 degrees different from the first, and b) your first movement didn't move Pika into a wall or floor. It's not the number of inputs you punch in, but the timing of those inputs. Pika only cares about the direction you're holding just as he begins to move.

... of course, if you're a veteran Pika, then none of this has changed since Melee.
Hmm i see, thanks for the info.

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97

be careful not to input a direction in this time frame if you want a quick attack with only two inputs (with up, right/left etc) as it will come out as one direction.

Top Bottom