• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone going to midnight launches of the game?

Are you getting the game at a midnight launch at a local store?

• Yes

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • I'll just download it online.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I have no store nearby that's having a midnight release... ;_;

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Well, since I recently found out my local Gamestop is having a midnight release for Smash, and since I want that game so badly already, I'm gonna be going for sure. Plus, since I got it pre-ordered, I'm all set.

Anyone else going to get the game at a midnight launch if their local store is having one, or are gonna download the game at midnight?

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Yep, going to the midnight launch and I've got it pre ordered and fully paid off. Plus my Gamestop is having a Melee tournament at the midnight launch, so it should be pretty fun.

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
Got it pre-ordered and I am going after school.

Time to go home, eat, and then run to the shop.

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Preordered at Gamestop, they'll be doing a midnight release. They're going to have a Brawl tournament, but I think I might just bring my small TV, extension cord, Gamecube with Melee, and a few controllers to pass time in line since I suck at competitive Brawl. I'll probably have to scout the area to see if there's an outdoor power outlet before I commit to lugging the equipment out there.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I'm getting the game on the eshop which will probably be out at midnight.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Not sure if any of the gamestops are planing midnight releases but even if they are I plan to just download it off the eshop anyway once its up.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
No midnight release for me. I need my beauty sleep… So i can spend all weekend playing smash

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a midnight release with a custom made T-Shirt for my favorite future main!

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Already pre-ordered it from Best Buy which I don't believe is doing a midnight launch. So, I'll just pre-order the Wii U version from Gamestop and attend the midnight launch for that.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Got it pre-ordered and I am going after school.

Time to go home, eat, and then run to the shop.

Funny you said that, that's almost exactly what I did when Mario Kart 8 released, because as soon as school ended, I made a beeline for Gamestop like this:

That's exactly what I'm gonna do if I can't get the game at midnight, which I doubt.

Beastferu

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryPhrax
3DS FC
3351-4134-0653
Not a midnight release, no.

Hoping my local ASDA store has the game on day of release. I know they have a game section, although it's very small compared to the rest of the store. I'll ask in store tomorrow and hopefully get an answer. If so I'll be getting it at 7AM on the Friday. Gives me like an hour to play it before school starts, so hopefully I can unlock DHD by then, and use the rest of the day to practice.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Midnight release on eShop. Therefore, no hassle, get the game, all in the comfort of my bed, play

EDIT: Oh yeah, download time. ARRRRRRRGH

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Midnight release on eShop. Therefore, no hassle, get the game, all in the comfort of my bed, play

EDIT: Oh yeah, download time. ARRRRRRRGH
Hope the download doesn't take the long because I need to go to bed at most at 2:00 or else I won't be able to function during school Ughh stupid school enough time to unlock some characters play some online matches and other stuff. I don't care what anyone thinks I'm gonna listen to smash bris music on my 3ds While walking home from school. (Everyone hates Nintendo in my town except me)

Last edited:

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
Preordered at a Gamestop in North Attelboro, MA, going to the midnight release as well! It's going to be a blast because at every midnight release for a 3DS game people always bring their handhelds and it's a blast to play Pokemon or Mario Kart with a bunch of people in real life.

lilgamefreak102

Smash Rookie
I preordered it at a local store but i'll get it in the morning, I want to get my sleep. (No college classes on that day thankfully. :D)

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Since I don't have to work until later in the afternoon on Friday, I decided to go along with my friends the night before for the midnight launch even though my copy is already shipping in through Amazon. :) I haven't been to one since the release of the Wii, and I'm so pumped for a fun night there. We were thinking of dragging along a TV and Gamecube along with Melee, too. Michigan loves Smash after all.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nah, probably going to just let it download overnight, since it's probably going to take an hour+ to download. It'll be ready to play when I'm ready the next day.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
My Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release, so I'm going to use the eShop instead.
Speaking of which, I've been considering canceling my physical copy's pre-order in favor of going digital, but I don't know when the thing gets on the eShop. Midnight release won't work for me since I need some measure of sleep to pay attention in class.

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Pretty sure my gamestop is doing a midnight release so I'm going to head over there. Smash hype.

Chrono.

Nah, I'll pick it up in the morning. Will go to the Wii U version's tho.

Top Bottom