• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone from europe that has the wii U version already? can't go online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
So I'm very confused. At first, it said the wii U version would launch somewhere in december. Then, it was being changed to november the 28th. Yet, somehow, I already got the wii U version today from a store in my neighbourhood. Everything seems to work fine, til I try to connect to the internet. Then, I get either an error message (no reason why. Just error) or it tells me I need to update. However, when I try to, it says there is no update available.

Now someone told me this could be because the game will be released friday... but then again; why is it already being sold and how come I get this error although people all around the world are already playing? If that is it. Just curious whether or not others have the same problem.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You need a patch to be able to play the game online, but they aren't uploading it on the European eShop until the release date.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Ah, okay. That explains most of it. Still don't get why it's being sold even though it's not released though, but it's good to know it isn't just me.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
So where's the hype thread for the European release? I'm currently going to play my first round of Smash Wii U and I'm super psyched!

I also managed to get a Gamecube Adapter and two Smash Controllers, so I couldn't be happier right now! :D

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, congratz. Here, they had no idea what it was all the stores I went to. The adapter, that is. Although the wii U pro controller is a big step forward already. Still, I sometimes have imput trouble.

Got the game few days before the release, somehow, but amiibo and adapters are nowhere to be found.

Have fun with it. It looks drop dead gorgeous. Already did like 10 online matches. It works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom