• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone find this tiny detail irritating?

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
"Charge Shot can be unleashed instantly if you fire it in the air" Yet if you're hit right when you fire, you lose all of the Charge. This is not the case for characters like R.O.B. and WFT. They keep their charge if they initiate the move and get hit before the projectile comes out. But as long as Samus can't store hers.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
That's been a thing forever with Samus and it's been a nuisance forever too. If it didn't come out so slow, then it wouldn't be a problem. I have no idea why the animation takes so long such that it can be interrupted as often as it does such as trying to followup from a dthrow and getting hit by a Luigi nair as your releasing it. I know this kind of situation is usually poor timing but losing the entire charge for something like that makes no sense when you think about it anyway. You didn't fire anything so why is the charge gone?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Yeah this has literally been in Samus' nature since birth.

It really should come out no matter what if you got jabbed after you pressed B or come out fast enough to at least trade!
Man, that would make Samus twice as threatening when charged up, but nah. xD

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
That's been a thing forever with Samus and it's been a nuisance forever too. If it didn't come out so slow, then it wouldn't be a problem. I have no idea why the animation takes so long such that it can be interrupted as often as it does such as trying to followup from a dthrow and getting hit by a Luigi nair as your releasing it. I know this kind of situation is usually poor timing but losing the entire charge for something like that makes no sense when you think about it anyway. You didn't fire anything so why is the charge gone?
Inb4 Samus loses concentration when interrupted like that; she loses the charge because of a distraction.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Mewtwo, Lucario, and I think Robin lose their charge just as easily. And Im pretty sure this is the case for WFT. (Shes my secondary in local matches with friends)
Rob is different because he doesnt actually charge his beam, It auto charges, so maybe it has different innate properties, but his gyro IF your fast enough can be interrupted and started completely over. at least Im fairly certain.

Top Bottom