• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone find the art style for Brawl is a bit off?

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure...but the realistic look is odd to me.

Like with Mario...he's too realistic. His SMG art style is better I think. Same for Peach and Bowser as well as several other characters...

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
I actually disagree. This is what I enjoy most about SSBB, is that they give each character a "realistic" edge. It helps blend all the different worlds together. This way, they are aesthetically similar, so that their anatomical differences are (somewhat) ignored.

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
I actually disagree. This is what I enjoy most about SSBB, is that they give each character a "realistic" edge. It helps blend all the different worlds together. This way, they are aesthetically similar, so that their anatomical differences are (somewhat) ignored.
Quoted for truth. This is why I'm hoping that if there is a Windwaker incarnation of Link, he's artistically the same, but rendered similar to the other characters instead of cel shaded.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Quoted for truth. This is why I'm hoping that if there is a Windwaker incarnation of Link, he's artistically the same, but rendered similar to the other characters instead of cel shaded.
Aww, I hope he's cel shaded.

I just find the "Realistic" a bit off for most of the characters.

Top Bottom