• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Anyone feel that Stage Builder will be Wii U-exclusive?

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
At this point, I doubt it will be in the 3DS version, since if it was, it would have been shown by now (I knew something was up when the E3 montage of the 3DS version showed all of those modes--including an information mode--while there was nothing on Stage Builder).

There's a lot that we don't know about the Wii U version, so does anyone else feel--or hope--that Stage Builder will be one of the Wii U's exclusive features? I loved it in Brawl, even with its at times senseless limitations, and I'd love to see it return with improvements and additional features.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I think it will be on the wii u , the 3ds has its limitations.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
If its in either version at all. We've seen no evidence it's coming back on the Wii U either.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Probably (if it's in either), and I wouldn't even begrudge the U that feature. That sort of functionality would be cool, and I'm sure they could come up with some nice Utablet gimmicks to go with it as well.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I would hope this is the case. If we don't get Smash Run, the Wii U version deserves something else to replace it, though Stage Builder would not fill in the gap on its own.
Yeah, I'm expecting the Wii U to get it's own Adventure mode that's more like the Melee Adventure mode but bigger, and it also having stage builder.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The 3DS is not nearly as limited as you think. It matches the Gamecube in power, and nearly the Wii.
Wait, the wii was more powerful than the gamecube?
Anyway, it'd be surprising to not have stage builder on a system like the 3DS. I mean it comes with an sd card and qr code scanner so you could easily save and share stages even when the games online functionality expires.

Also, I'd be dissapointed if it didn't appear on either as using a touch screen and stylus to build stages would've been the best.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There's very little information regarding the Wii U version. At this point, Sakurai chooses to use it just for its graphic capabilities thus far, and chooses to highlight the 3DS version as it comes out first. We'll know more about the Wii U version after its release, definitely.

I do think the Stage Builder will be a Wii U exclusive, if there is one at all. Also, the Wii U is more powerful than the Wii, I doubt the limitations won't be as strict.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Oddly I was thinking this as well, I just can't see a reason to include it in the 3ds Version, but I know I never used it, so picking up the 3ds version only, I wouldn't miss it. It'd be nice if it was in both, since more content is always aces, but if we had to trade it for Smash Run, I wouldn't miss it at all.

They're missing an opportunity to put Stage Builder on the 3DS and let your custom stages be streetpassed. :c

Also, if Stage Builder had been on both versions of the game, it could have made it possible for cross-platform play on custom stages.

Last edited:

Elaith

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonic12040
I definitely think the Stage Builder will be Wii U exclusive, but I could also see it be the type of thing available to those who purchase a New 3DS, kind of like the color dungeon for Link's Awakening, or the Advance Ring for the oracle games, just to move people on a system upgrade.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yep, pretty sure about that. The Gamepad was made basically made for this.

Also event matches will be an exclusive mode I think.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I think it will be on the wii u , the 3ds has its limitations.
Not to be rude, but it's getting embarassing how low some think of the 3DS

Do you, in all honesty, really believe the 3DS can't handle something as simple as a stage builder? Omg...

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
Also, if Stage Builder had been on both versions of the game, it could have made it possible for cross-platform play on custom stages.
Haha, right, because the stages were the problem as to why we can't have cross-play between the Wii-U and 3DS? No, they were not and having a stage builder in both versions wouldn't change anything about that.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yeah, I am thinking it will be a Wii U exclusive game mode as well, since we haven't seen it at all on the 3DS version. I just hope it is on the Wii U! I loved Stage Builder.

FlaygletheBagel

Smash Cadet
NNID
AmateurSalad8
3DS FC
5429-7042-7857
Well I for sure wouldn't be banking on Stage Builder getting revealed for 3DS anytime soon, since Japan's release is a week away and we already know almost everything about it. But the Wii U version has had next to nothing revealed for it at this point, at least as far as modes and features go.

I bet Stage Builder will most definitely make its return on Wii U. Along with all the other modes we have yet to see.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
We would have seen it by now if it was on the 3DS version, although I can see being able to download stages onto the 3DS version to play on as a possibility. After all, we haven't seen anything that you can only get on the 3DS version if you have the Wii U version as of yet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe it's part of that Wii U icon's functionality on the 3DS menus Sakurai has shown, who knows.

Top Bottom