• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone familiar with voodoo?

thecheat

Smash Apprentice
Voodoo has become a kind of research hobby ( no, not creepy satanic religion) that I find very interesting. I know a few protective symbols and rituals, and a bit of new orleans mysticism, but would like to research a bit more. Anything would be welcome, rituals, magic, the sort of any origin, but I would prefer the neworleans or hatian varieties.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I don't know too much, only that Ouijia Boards do work, and have dire consequences, don't mess with them.

<_<;;

Metà

Smash Master
Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I stand up next to a mountain
Chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
Might even raise just a little sand
'Cause I'm a voodoo child
Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

I didn't mean to take you up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back to you one of these days
I said, I didn't mean to take you up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back to you one of these days
And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then I'll, I'll meet you in the next one
And don't be late, don't be late
'Cause I'm a voodoo child
Lord knows I'm a voodoo child
I'm a voodoo child

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Voodoo dolls are the only thing I know about. I stuck a fork up a voodoo doll's a** once and I don't think it worked. However, someone died that day of expanding rectum disease. Coincidence? Maybe...

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I've never done voodoo first hand myself but I've seen some scary vids of it before, I question it sometimes but it sure looks cool.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My brother was in Louisiana for a few months for work. He was a salesman. Anyway, he said that there were actually people there that spread brick dust accross their doorways.

Crazy southerners.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm from Slidell LA and I am here to endorse spreading brick dust on your doorways. I am almost done with my voodoo doll of President George W. Bush. Just a few more hairs...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You'd have to wonder if they really are being crazy, or if it's actually real. We can sit back and scoff, but have we ever actually gone out and seen for ourselves?
You'd also have to wonder if I meant crazy as in stupid, or crazy as in different. ;)

Peeze

Smash Master
Voodoo is very real, and even though you guys are joking about it, it's super dangerous.
One of my friends is hatian, and some rival tribal group or something, killed half of his family with voodoo magic, and the other half of his family fought back, and a full out voodoo war broke out down there. He went down there on vacation, and he came back a totally different person...true story.

Metà

Smash Master
Voodoo is very real, and even though you guys are joking about it, it's super dangerous.
One of my friends is hatian, and some rival tribal group or something, killed half of his family with voodoo magic, and the other half of his family fought back, and a full out voodoo war broke out down there. He went down there on vacation, and he came back ailing with lupus...true story.
Fix'd. : )

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Living in Louisiana, not only do I know about it, but we are taught about it because it's so prevalent. Head to the French Quarter and you can probably find a quite a few Voodoo people.

I don't believe in it though.

Omeganon

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know too much about this religious affluence, but the only thing that i have to comment it's this: if you're in a religion as christian you deserve respect to it, you can't go there been christian here, practice vodoo there and learn yoga, it's easy, in the thing that you'll believe take it serious and don't fusion one thing with another.
I read the faq of the webpage in new orleans and exist many weird things in there, you need holy water for a spell but you must have another religion to turn the water in holy water, some vodoo chief must do that thing, apart vodoo can be something like using the power of your mind based on a talisman or something

Top Bottom