• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else worried that bosses will ruin some stages?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I thought it was confirmed that there was no Hazards Off button?
Sakurai said he wouldn't do that and proceeded to have a chuckle about PSASBR. Which by the way, for those who want that feature think carefully on it. We had TONS of debates on if some hazards should be on, some off, if we should leave them all on, all off, and it just caused a huge split in the already small community there. Plus they didn't even actually turn off all of the hazards. It's not as nice as you'd think.

Anyways, I'm here to gripe about Gerudo Valley. If the stage didn't have enough issues with creating very little stage to fight on (the bridge collapsing) the bosses make one side of the stage TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE so you have less room then a basic platform to fight on for possibly 4 characters. I don't mind some cool throwbacks to games with bosses, but they are so horribly intrusive thus far no one is going to want to play on the stage even in a for fun match.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I don't agree with this at all (alas we are all titled to our own opinions.) You're implying that bosses ruin stages.... as if the stages were meant to be without the bosses. But it can be deduced that probably most of the stages containing bosses were planned to have bosses (hazard) in them from the get go. So Corneria, Spear Pillar, and other stages like these that have guest characters/units as hazards ruined? It really hasn't been an issue before. The hazards in Smash 4 are just more sophisticated because of the hardware they are on, the opportunity is there to introduce some really cool stage hazards. It's like you're saying Mushroom Kingdom shouldn't be a side-scrolling stage.
Fiest of all sorry this reply is so late, I haven't been on in awhile and second I'm not saying the idea of bosses is bad, I'm sorry if it came off that way.

What IS bad though is when most people who have played on the stages feel as though they can't enjoy the stages because of it feeling far to intrusive. Mostly because of its size and frequency

Just because something was designed with something else in mind doesn't mean it will always end up being implemented correctly.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Yeah I agree. I don't like Smash Balls for the same reason. I don't want to stop pummeling my friends to go chase after a ball. I also don't want to stop fighting just to fight a boss. I turned smash balls off, along with a select few other items and stages that I felt were too disruptive.

I'd be okay with it if it only showed up once in a while, but in E3 it was a near-constant presence and attacked the full stage (minus a very tight spot behind him that one might easily be knocked off of). I might change my mind if he's actually easy to get rid of (people didn't even seem to try on the footage I saw, they just ignored his eye and went after other players) but I can easily see myself turning that stage off in the random stage switch.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I would much rather Stage bosses not be in the game if there's no way to turn them off with Final Destinationing the stage.

Niala

Smash Ace
Here's my competitive input: It has been a fear of mine that this would be the case, resulting in the unfortunate scenario Melee has with stages where only 6 of them are legal, while 4 of those 6 have the exact same layout (FoD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, and Dream Land.) Under (what I see as) the likely impression that bosses continue to detract from the few possible stages that appear playable, (not only Wily's Castle, but I suspect Pyrosphere as well) we're looking at a very short list of competitive stages indeed. At least Brawl had a much wider variety of legal stages, of course, depending on the stages your community allowed. I can only hope for the same outcome for Smash4.

Here's my casual input: Stage bosses look entirely too intrusive to be fun and, quite frankly, ruin otherwise enjoyable stages.

Top Bottom