• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Using Bowser in GameStop Tourn

S0X

Smash Cadet
Ok so we all know brawl is coming out in a week and I'm every1 is aware of the gamestop tournament. Well I don't own Brawl and am not a very good melee player but I plan on using bowser in the tournament. His aerials are strong and hes heavy thats all I need. Is anyone else using Bowser and any tips from you who already have the game.

edub

Smash Apprentice
well i haven't played the game yet, but i also will be using bowser for the gamestop tournament.
reasons:

Up+B out of shield
Heavy
Forward+B to suicide kill (but you still win)
An array of finishers (uair, dtilt, ftilt, all the smashes, etc...)
Decent recovery

Pretty much i think lthat i'll feel familiar with the brawl bowser because of my melee bowser. he should be a pain to kill (unless something messes up and you get owned by verticle recovery). i'd say main reason is that i can still rack up damage with up+b out of shield. Lots of noobs fall for that when they do arials. Sure it got nerfed, but it should get the job done against gamestop noobs

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Unless you're an experienced Melee Bowser player I'd advise against using him. Bowser takes an incredibly amount of skill to be used properly whereas a character such as Mario or Kirby can be used effectively even by reasonably inexperienced players. On the other hand an experienced Bowser player may have an advantage being the heaviest/strongest character in a one minute match.

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
Short hop to fair, but don't fast fall

Anticipate rolls behind you, with an attack to throw them off.

Fire breath to stop people trying to fly into you.

I'm quite positive a lot of people going to these things will not have had a bunch of experince. (Where I live, most people did not even know about Melee)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'll most likely be using him as well. It was a toss-up between Link and Bowser (my mains in Melee), but I like the general feel of Bowser a bit moreso. Hopefully his improvements are enough to keep me from getting gimped by all of the Space Animals . . . and winged puff balls with Mach Swords . . .

Oyyy . . . it's an up-hill battle, people.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm going to use Bowser...Since I assume most of the people going to the GameStop tournament won't be too great it should be no problem...Plus, items are on, and Bowser breaks Smash Balls pretty quickly from what I've seen.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Me. I practiced with Bowser without using advanced techs, unless they were vital to a certain strategy, and I think I'll do well with him. Otherwise, I'll use Kirby. :< What a beast.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If i knew where this tournament is i might enter it. If i did, I'll be using Bowser for sure. It's goin to be tough since I havent played brawl yet and I dont know if they are going to use Gamecube controllers or not.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
I will be using Bowser at my local Gamestop. He was my best character in Melee and I did pretty good with him when I played Brawl in LA a couple weeks ago. I will probably use Bowser in his new volcano-like costume like I did in LA.
I haven't played the game yet, but if Ganondorf is unplayable in the tourney, BOWSA IT IS!!!

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
So uhh Wiimote + Nunchuck combo sucks :<

Why not Gamecube controller? I mean, I was thinking of Bowser, but getting used to the new control scheme is gonna be hard with him. I'll try, but still.

B0NK

Smash Lord
No because I'm not going to the Gamestop tourney. I will go to Gamecrazy just ask the manager to put the game in and we will play 1-on-1 loser out in Melee the whole time until brawl comes out at midnight. Besides the rules in the Gamestop tourney seem just plain dumb.

Top Bottom