• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else think that Pit>MK?

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I mean Pit can actually kill!
He can survive MUCH easier than MK. I mean while MK dies in the low numbers (80-90 ouch that sucks) Pit dies at normal % like Mario and the rest of the crew.

Pit has a ranged attack AND has 2 moves that reflect projectile.

Not to mention that he's the king of jump!

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I mean Pit can actually kill!
He can survive MUCH easier than MK. I mean while MK dies in the low numbers (80-90 ouch that sucks) Pit dies at normal % like Mario and the rest of the crew.

Pit has a ranged attack AND has 2 moves that reflect projectile.

Not to mention that he's the king of jump!
i think that to the only argument meta knight people have is A( he puts up damage faster and B( um well meta knight can glyde around hyrule temple so hah. and so can pit

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Not sure if pit can do that, and I think it's time to stopn the MK/Pit discussions, why do people always put those two in the same group? They have NOTHING alike except their frikking wings....

Its like discussing who's better, Mario or Wario, since they both wear hats >___<

I main them both BTW, and their seriously both badass, and something else, did you (the topic starter) even play the game?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Why even start a discussion about it now, its ********, maybe pit will end up being bottom tier and metaknight top tier, we dont know yet!

Zeela12

Smash Ace
mk's gliding is a bit overpowered, but that's nothing compared to the amount of recovery that pit's upB gives. pit's upb is much more wieldy.

Also, pit's arrows are spamable, and he's got two good defensive moves able to reflect, which is awesome. pit's airals are awesome, and pit can rack up dmg really quickly

plus... gliding. it's like a jiggs on sterioids, pit has wonderful air game, which is the main focus for brawl.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mk's gliding is a bit overpowered, but that's nothing compared to the amount of recovery that pit's upB gives. pit's upb is much more wieldy.

Also, pit's arrows are spamable, and he's got two good defensive moves able to reflect, which is awesome. pit's airals are awesome, and pit can rack up dmg really quickly

plus... gliding. it's like a jiggs on sterioids, pit has wonderful air game, which is the main focus for brawl.
I hope you know that if you're in pit's Up B, and you get hit by ANYTHING, you're screwed cause you cant do it again....

Mach7

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if pit can do that, and I think it's time to stopn the MK/Pit discussions, why do people always put those two in the same group? They have NOTHING alike except their frikking wings....

Its like discussing who's better, Mario or Wario, since they both wear hats >___<

I main them both BTW, and their seriously both badass, and something else, did you (the topic starter) even play the game?
LOL!!!!!!!
Yeah not much to say after that

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
They both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's too early to say who's better than who. For what it's worth I think Metaknight is totally badass and will probably play him if I get tired of winning with Pit. :p

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Pit is better, end of discussion.
You do know that it depends on the player, right? because I can own any of my friends with Pichu and I don't even try hard. Although I do like Pit more and he has a projectilie and two reflector moves but I know I'll be losing against a fantastic MK player. So if you aks me this discussion is pointless and you know everyone in the Pit forums is going to choose him except maby two people or something.

TheHitmanGuava

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33uTeLYCp0&feature=related

Tell me Im ******** after watching this vid! Pit can
1. Kill
2. Not sound badass and in the end be weak
3.Spammable arrows
4. Reflecting device

Metaknight can
1.Glide twice
2. Quick to rack up damage
Wow what a bad example. That Metaknight sucked. He was just mashing random buttons, also he was trying to charge his smash in the middle of the stage? Wtf the opponent would not walk into it. He also rarely dodged, and when he did he did not even counter attack.

You do realize that one video made by a couple of random dudes does not tell which character is better?

From what I've heard, Meta has better recovery and comboing ability, Pit's moves have more knockback and power. Pit also has a projectile. However Pit can easily be gimped by being struck during his Up+B, which makes him fall helplessly towards the ground.

I predict Meta will be better, but we'll see.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Wow what a bad example. That Metaknight sucked. He was just mashing random buttons, also he was trying to charge his smash in the middle of the stage? Wtf the opponent would not walk into it. He also rarely dodged, and when he did he did not even counter attack.

You do realize that one video made by a couple of random dudes does not tell which character is better?

From what I've heard, Meta has better recovery and comboing ability, Pit's moves have more knockback and power. Pit also has a projectile. However Pit can easily be gimped by being struck during his Up+B, which makes him fall helplessly towards the ground.

I predict Meta will be better, but we'll see.
Meta fan maybe? I've heard the opposite ALOT but there all based on early impressions...Pit defenantly has godly recovery, and has good comboing ability aswell ? Meta Knight can glide twice but can't do decent damage. Pit can be gimped doing his up b but obvious has better techs/damage ratings than metaknight. I'm not saying meta knight is worse or not or pit is, I'm just saying its alittle pointless to say one is better, especially this early in the game. That goes for both Pit Fans AND Meta Fans. Meta might be Better, Pit may be Better, or w/e to each other, don't jump the gun. I don't see why people make topics like this. You guys should atleast wait a few months geez

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MetaKnight can kill way better than people think he can. He can actually fly out and gimp/edgeguard a lot of characters. His Up B can kill, and you can do it out of shield. He can kill with smashes.

Pit has weight and survival in general and arrows, while MetaKnight has more offense and better shield pressure. They're about the same, but I'd give the edge to Pit.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I think right now MK is better than Pit but Pit has more potential. Both characters are definitely high tier though.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Pit is absolutely awesome. If you haven't played him yet, then trust me youre in for a treat.

As for Pit compared to metaknight, while I have only played metaknight for 1 hour vs 10 hours with pit, I can say that personally i feel pit is superior. One ANNOYING thing about metaknight is, if he does ANY of his B attacks while in the air, he can no longer do ANYTHING and just falls stupidly towards the ground.

Pit on the other hand can freely do ALL of his B moves in the air and still be able to jump and attack etc.
Pit's Up-B move pretty much means the only way you can kill him is by smashing him into boundaries, his recovery is just TOO good.

From what I've heard, Meta has better recovery and comboing ability, Pit's moves have more knockback and power. Pit also has a projectile. However Pit can easily be gimped by being struck during his Up+B, which makes him fall helplessly towards the ground
I wouldn't say easily gimped at all, pit can start his Up+B from LITERALLY underneath the platform (not just below the horiziontal plane of the platform and then autosweet spot it) Since pretty much all stages have a sort of inverted cone shape, it would take a tremendous effort from most chars to even attempt to hit pit since he is protected by the 'cliff' so to speak.

- Insane recovery
- Brilliant defense
- Annoying spammable projectile
- Decent speed
- Decent Power
- Decent Range

His shield is a brilliant move and works brilliantly against chars with long range or those that like to spam projectiles at you while you are off the edge (falco, fox). Its great against sword users especially marth and link since it pushes the attack back, oftening making the attack face the wrong way.

The shield is not so effective vs Ike who has many attacks the has his sword coming down from above pits head missing the shield and getting hit by Ike's sword too much isn't a good idea.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Pit is absolutely awesome. If you haven't played him yet, then trust me youre in for a treat.

As for Pit compared to metaknight, while I have only played metaknight for 1 hour vs 10 hours with pit, I can say that personally i feel pit is superior. One ANNOYING thing about metaknight is, if he does ANY of his B attacks while in the air, he can no longer do ANYTHING and just falls stupidly towards the ground.

Pit on the other hand can freely do ALL of his B moves in the air and still be able to jump and attack etc.
Pit's Up-B move pretty much means the only way you can kill him is by smashing him into boundaries, his recovery is just TOO good.

I wouldn't say easily gimped at all, pit can start his Up+B from LITERALLY underneath the platform (not just below the horiziontal plane of the platform and then autosweet spot it) Since pretty much all stages have a sort of inverted cone shape, it would take a tremendous effort from most chars to even attempt to hit pit since he is protected by the 'cliff' so to speak.

- Insane recovery
- Brilliant defense
- Annoying spammable projectile
- Decent speed
- Decent Power
- Decent Range

His shield is a brilliant move and works brilliantly against chars with long range or those that like to spam projectiles at you while you are off the edge (falco, fox). Its great against sword users especially marth and link since it pushes the attack back, oftening making the attack face the wrong way.

The shield is not so effective vs Ike who has many attacks the has his sword coming down from above pits head missing the shield and getting hit by Ike's sword too much isn't a good idea.
THANK YOU!

Oh and Wingz, get a life, im sorry if your friends are attracted to a topic other than yours.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Heck no. Pit Murdered Metaknight so bad, Toon Link didn't get some left overs.

No it's Pit>>Toon Link>>Metaknight.

Serious!

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
K gimps pit really easy, edgegaurd till he uses his upb then jump out and hit him once.

also mk has more priority in the air and more jumps, so if the battle is off the stage mk will most likely win.

Pits arrow's prolly the only thing keeping him in there. If MK gets more dmg quicker all u have to do is keep dealing dmg till pit dies since pit prolly cant hit as easy as mk can.

in other words mk is beter at what he does than pit (air fighting/edgegaurding).

Mani

Smash Cadet
unfortunately I was a MK fan and initial mainer...but upon playing the game for awhile I have realized Pit is superior to MK in essentially EVERY SINGLE way.

Pit has projectiles, reflectors, and kill moves that MK does not. He still has the recovery and the gliding. He has the fast attacks. He lives longer. What does MK have that Pit does not?

Sure, MK has a mildly better up+b (arguably) and can dish out damage a bit faster, but whats the use if you can't finish them or stay alive?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heck no. Pit Murdered Metaknight so bad, Toon Link didn't get some left overs.

No it's Pit>>Toon Link>>Metaknight.

Serious!
Switch Toon Link and Metaknight around. My Golden Metaknight will be happier.
Pit is just so amazing and has great attacks as well as great recovery, and that's y he makes it at number 2 of my top 5 main list.
But there is one that is better than the rest...

Bowser! Suicide Deaths FTW!

Top Bottom