• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else think Bowser is way too fun to use?

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I simply love the king of the koopas, my favourite Mario character next to Luigi, but I just couldn't get used to him in Melee do to the slow (my friends dislike when I use advance techniques against them, so I got quite used to Brawl's lack of them hehe), and since they gave him an edge, I was stuck beating only CPUs...

But not in Brawl, I can actually beat people with Bowser now, he's still the same, but stronger and faster (and better looking). It just makes owning with him that much more satisfying... What are your guy's opinions on Bowser in Brawl?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
He's not my main, but he's probably the funnest character to use in free for alls. I love Bowserciding someone and just yelling "BOWWWWWWWSER!" :p

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
bowsercide is definitely one of the most cruel things you can do to an opponent
It's way too good :laugh:

I've ended too many a match so far with a Bowsercide...

And that thing comes out quick as well, I usually miss cause I'm timing it like it was slower.

And I love how aweome, yet cute he is. I mean that roar makes me laugh every time, and his dance skills = top tier :laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser is so amazing. I used him in Melee and I'm still going to use him in Brawl. Bowserciding is fun to do by default. With the new infinite jumps i learned about, he's gotten much better. All hail Bowser!

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Bowser's much improved. I remember all my friends staying away from Bowser in Melee (all but three are scrubs) but when I pulled him out in Brawl and starting working the Bowsercides and Flame Breath into his moveset it makes controlling the tempo of a match much easier. He seems middle tier worthy, probably replacing DK's spot from Melee.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I use to mess around with all the Mario characters in Melee a lot for fun (since I mained Mario in Smash 64, secondaried Luigi in smash 64, and thirdaried Peach), and Bowser was no exception. I'd like to occassionally use Bowser for epic MINDGAMEZZZ! Now, Bowser is the s***. Easy to pick up, but has tons of depth. I'm better for my "messing around" with Melee, and I've fallen in love with Bowser. He's easily in my top ten, and Koopacide (Bowsercide) is soooo f***ing amazing. But you know what, that's not even a 10th of it all. fAiing people, dAiring people, fTilts, dTilts, fire breath lifting people into smash, tilts, aerials, and combos, down Bing people with the new hooking on land feature (epic mindgames), uAiring people, upTilting people.....there is SOOOO MUCH TO LOVE, SO LITTLE TIME! Bowser is a beast. He's definitely a sleeper hit character that's about to f***ing explode like a nuclear weapon. O, and above all...

G....I...G...A....B....O...W...S...E...R. I. S. G. O. D. Seriously, Giga Bowser for top tier! Seriously, prepare to see a hell of a lot more Bowser users, and a lot of good ones, too! :)

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Bowsercides are always epic.
I play with a lot of non-Bowser people, and you can alway tell who wasn't paying attention before, because the first time one of them sees the flying slam, their reaction is: "Whoa."

And there was a fellow planning to take me out with Ganon, once he saw that I was playing as Bowser, he felt confident enough to use the sideways Wiimote.
He won't be doing that again.
2-stocks to his one, and he was evading, so I yelled "Your comein' with me!" In my best deliverence voice and Bowsercided him off the edge.
Lulz were had abound.

underpowered

Smash Cadet
I've always wanted to play bowser, but I was never good enough to time him properly in Melee. The new Bowser has a lot going for him, though, and he's so fun to play! He can ALMOST dance as well as Yoshi, too. :D

kgosser

Smash Rookie
He got a major upgrade. I didn't start out with him in Brawl (D3, Pikachu, Mario, and Diddy were all tried before him), but he's my main. I love him!

Buuman

Smash Ace
As everyone knows, bowser was epic in melee, all of you that are siding with bowser now just cause he has an infinite jump/suicide don't seem to realize he got buffed and nerfed at the same time, I'll admit the infinite jump is fun for 5 mins, and koopaciding people who suck, or comps is fun I guess? But This "New" Brawl bowser is quite different, much more grounded, due to the lack of shffling, its going to take quite some time for the REAL melee bowsers to adjust, thats just my opinion, atm, I'm working with incorporating aerials in and out of my infinite jump, bowser is and has always been fun to play

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is fun to use.

Why?

Because landing most his moves can lead you to say "GAHhhhhhhhhrr", "RAAaaaaa", or "AHhh" with great satisfaction.

Because Bowser slides around like a maniac with his up B. There is no move in this game that is as fun as Bowser's up B.

I really doubt people find him fun just because of the jump glitch and suiciding. suiciding is fun though (I used kirby in Melee), and it's a great if you can get it work when you're at 1 stock advantage.

Top Bottom