• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Anyone else notice this

vypex

Smash Cadet
Ok after i downloaded the update last night, started playing a couple for glory matches nothing out of the ordinary, go to sleep when i wake up play again and after a minute or so each fight lag hits, and afterwards its like i'm fighting a level 3 computer very little dodging or even attacking, i'm think lag is booting people and instead of just flat out booting both players it allows you to finish off the remaining match against a low level npc, noticed this after every time the little loading signal pops up in the lowering right side of the screen, curious as to if its just me or am i playing people that suddenly lose all their wits after hitting a little lag.

Galufeta

Smash Rookie
I've experienced it quite a few times already although I haven't checked whether that victory counts or not, I'd prefer it didn't cause it doesn't feel like one, specially when it was a challenging match.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Yes, this has also happened to me as well. Its pretty much what you said. The player you are vs. gets booted out and you vs a lv.3 computer (not sure if its lv. 3 or not but it feels like it). As whether or not this counts as a win or not I have no idea but I think it does.

vypex

Smash Cadet
Ok good to know its not just me, it was counting on my record checked it after it happened a few times, I'd honestly prefer to be booted flat out instead of getting either a win or loss like that

Raijinken

Smash Master
It was discussed a few weeks ago how sometimes if there are loading issues, you face a bot (consistent names that people saw) instead of an opponent. Not new to this patch.

Personally, I'd at least rather kill a cpu than just keep getting disconnect errors.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
After me and my two friends updated today we noticed quite a bit more lag than we had last night. Maybe the two are related?

Top Bottom