• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else notice this?

Do you see a problem with this?

• Total voters

Synolus

Smash Rookie
This isn't the first time I've noticed this, and I've seen this with a few characters.

Hitboxes/attacks just don't add up/connect when they should.

http://youtu.be/xguYsCOSj9k

I understand that Meta Knight needed to be balanced, but that's just screwing him over as a character. I don't even use him & find that unjust.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. Move/edit/lock if needed.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
While I may be wrong, I don't think the Galaxia is actually touching Marth. It's just the slashing effect.

Anyways, a lot of hitboxes don't match the actual animation.

Synolus

Smash Rookie
While I may be wrong, I don't think the Galaxia is actually touching Marth. It's just the slashing effect.

Anyways, a lot of hitboxes don't match the actual animation.
Yeah, I understand that with the animations, but I've noticed this too much on the 3DS.

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
Playing as Captain Falcon, i cannot even count how many times the up+special failed in the air, despite going thru the enemy player´s "body":

It´s quite frustrating.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
I've noticed this on a few of the characters I play as well. Sometimes if someone is just in Marth's face, his Utilt just completely whiffs consistently. Same goes for Shulk's ftilt or dtilt for some characters. If you just walk towards Shulk those moves will whiff right after another.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Agreed, it can be really annoying when it seems like you're going to finish your opponent off, when instead you take a good whiff at them and leave yourself wide open. For example:

It doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a fix, but it's incredibly bothersome and has thrown me off sometimes.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I've noticed this on a few of the characters I play as well. Sometimes if someone is just in Marth's face, his Utilt just completely whiffs consistently. Same goes for Shulk's ftilt or dtilt for some characters. If you just walk towards Shulk those moves will whiff right after another.
Shulk's utilt is also atrocious. Same with Mario's Usmash. It looks like its hits them but they receive no damage at all.

Snoop

Smash Rookie
I would like to enjoy meta knight, but this is the **** I can't deal with. I used marth in the previous games cause he was easy to use, but had a high skill ceiling. Marth is now completely unusable for me. Meta knight was someone I tried to pick up instead. Range nerf, damage nerf, no knockback potential. I tried Pit and Dark Pit. Good damage, but speed nerf, and no knockback potential. I can't really get into any character in this game because I like fast characters, but none of them have any usable kill moves. Would it be so terrible if meta knight's forward smash killed at 160%? Would it be really game-breaking if Pit's side-B killed at 180%? Would it really be horrible if Marth's range was not the range of Ness' baseball bat?

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
The hitboxes in this game are disgusting, hopefully nintendo patches them but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Sometimes when I try to do Greninja's recovery it does his Down Special making SD a lot sometimes

Synolus

Smash Rookie
Agreed, it can be really annoying when it seems like you're going to finish your opponent off, when instead you take a good whiff at them and leave yourself wide open. For example:

It doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a fix, but it's incredibly bothersome and has thrown me off sometimes.
See, the animation seems like it should hit, but the blade actually curves out to the side on its way down, rather than straight down, as you see the curve when he lands. So I don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Every fighting game has these, they're called "hitbox tragedies". I've already had a few of Yoshi's moves clip through people, usually by virtue of being too close to them.

Top Bottom