• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else making stages based on other games?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Some of the stages I make are based on other games.

I made a stage of Tetris, and one of the Halo logo. I also made a bizzare Pong stage, and am trying to think of ideas on one to do for Kingdom Hearts.

I also repped Smash 64 with Hyrule Castle and Saffron City.

So what outside games have you guys made stages for?

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
I made a Tetris one too, as well as Phendrana Ruins from Metroid Prime. And i've recreated Saffron City, Hyrule Castle and Fourside (but who hasn't).

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I love doing that every once in a while. So far, I've made an Artifact Temple stage (pillars and pass-through platforms in a sort of an oval shape, totalling 12, with an elevator in the center underneath), Vs. Kraid (main platform with 3 stacked pass-throughs on the left and a big Kraid-shaped hunk of blocks on the right), and Bowser's Castle (the bit at the end where you fight Bowser, with a ceiling and a series of falling blocks to represent the bridge).

Doing this doesn't generally result in the most playable stages for me, but it's a lot of fun to play around with ideas regardless. I'm sure I'll keep making more as I think of them.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I've currently made a "Black Space" stage based on the freeware game Cave Story minus the floor (currently set the music to the Legendary Air Ride Machine, but once I unlock it I'll set it to Vs Marx).

I'm also trying to make a few throw-away custom stages to unlock the Conveyer Belts so that I can make the "city" area of Derris-Kharlan from Tales of Symphonia. I will put it to the music "Final Destiantion" once I make it, as the final boss music in ToS just so happens to be called "Final Destination".

Jammo

Smash Cadet
I wanted to make a Custer's Revenge stage, but the AI was stupid and didn't know what spot to jump off of to get onto the other object... So I made a Mudkip Stage instead. Uploaded it to the stage browser, then had a cup of Milk Tea. It was a good day.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
One minigame I always wanted in the WarioWare stage (and you'll know it if you played any WarioWare games) was the game where you have to sniff the snot back up the girl's nose. In Mega Party Game$, there was a multiplayer version where she'd sniff you up her nose with her stream of snot...why they didn't make this a stage hazard I'll never know...

But on topic, I tried to recreate this minigame in a custom stage...needless to say it didn't turn out well...

And I lol'd at the person above me who made a Custer's Revenge stage XD

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I tried making the entrance to the Eldin Bridge or whatever, with the stone statue things representing the owl statues. It was pretty cool. I'm gonna remake the hyrule castle 64 soon.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I've remade planet Zebes, Peach's castle, Hyrule castle, Saffron city, and Congo Jungle all from smash 64 but not mushroom kingdom or sector Z because theirs Corneria and Mushroomy kingdom. I've also created peach's castle and fourside from Melee and TRIED to remake brinstar depths... but that one failed

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
i made hyrule castle, temple of the gods , ganons tower , the place in super mario world were u fight bowser, tetris, link's master sword, a ship from the fox series, the windmill from oot

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
i made a triforce stage, a mushroom dome, 2 different versions of lighthouses from the golden sun series, and bowser's palace in the original super mario bros.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, totally with you on the Tetris stage. I used pass-through platforms to make a ghost piece for the I-Block to fall into.

I also made a Golden Sun stage just because the music is so awesome. Honestly, the music gives me the most inspiration for making stages.

Top Bottom