• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else made a mistake and now have that as a main

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
A mistake as in, you forget to press "FIGHT!" and then you get chosen as a totally random character, then you feel like your bad with him but you surprisingly win a match and use him for your main, this happened to me, I thought I pressed fight and chose a character, but I was like "NOOOOO NOW IM GOING TO LOSE!" then it picks Lucario for me, I never used him at all on any smash game, I seen his moves while battle some charizard who spams flare blitz, I noticed how powerful his moves were when you were at 70%, it can KO at a low percentage, then I done research on him and now hes my main, totally a mistake main.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Sort of. I got a friend, Caleb, who was talking to me bout how bad Jigglypuff was. I was sorta agreeing with him. Then one day, outta the clear blue sky, I played with her for Lord knows why. (I rhymed). Me and her clicked from day one. She's my secondary in Brawl, and backup in 4.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
I did that but in a completely separate fighting game. Tekken's Zafina.

All I can say is that spider lady did some mega work that day. I played her ever since.

D

Deleted member

I don't think this has ever happened to me, but I have picked characters as a joke and then as I play as them I find that I like how they play.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I tried :4luigi: out of NO WHERE sometime a week ago. It turned out he clicked with my playstyle so well I ended up making him one of my mains.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Not in Smash - I played around with most champs to see what "felt right" for me - though in much the same vain, I had no idea what would suit me, in the sense that you had no clue that Luc would be good for you. Though a bit more calculated.

Though when I played WoW all the way back in US Beta, I asked on our team forums what was OP, one of the other veterans who had been playing the beta for a while (I had just got around to getting in), he told me priest - not because it was OP (which at the time I kind of wanted) but because its what we needed to fill out the raid team. The story after that gets a bit more interesting with regards to the success I and our team had (and then when I left in PVP), but needless to say, outside of the bad choice of playing WoW, it was a great accidental choice for me. To me what was funnier was that I never planned on being healer in that game - and I ended up never playing anything but healer competitively (except for 1 tournament where we played a double healer set up and I played another class against our counter comp).

Noga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7800-6903
Well when I bought Smash 3DS, I was so excited to play as Pac-man but Dedede called my attention and he became my main.

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The first time I played Wii U smash with my siblings, my little sister kept getting her ass handed to her by my brother and his amiibo. I felt bad for her, so I nudged on her to try out :4littlemac: in order to land a few KOs on foes more easily. Despite poor recovery and all that snazz, she instantly fell in love with his playstyle, and she now dons pink sweatshirt Mac in her arsenal.

K-Factor

Smash Rookie
Well sort of not really. I did have a huge feeling I would main Zelda in the 3DS version and it clicked right away. Never had experience with her in the past but felt right now haha

Grimmjow

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrUpload
3DS FC
4511-1387-0072
Same story happend to me with Daraen, i guess some moves do really apply more to you and your strategy in fights.

Gyorg the Yossarian

Smash Cadet
When Brawl first came out, I HATED :4dedede:! When Sm4sh came out, I didn't even look at him until I beat the story mode with every character . Then something primal awoke deep inside me, AND I BOWED DOWN TO THE ALMIGHTY PINGUIN.
WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP(down taunt)!!!!!!!

Top Bottom