• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Else Lost to Master Core?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No, not "The Swarm" but Master Core itself, the orb that appears after everything else has been defeated.

I tried hitting it with jabs and other weak attacks one time just to see how high I could get the percentage and either ran out of time or hit an in built limit (I had it at about 200%) because Master Core exploded and KOed me off the top of the screen. It was niether a star KO nor a screen KO, presumably because that functionality is disabled at the end of battles.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
No, not "The Swarm" but Master Core itself, the orb that appears after everything else has been defeated.

I tried hitting it with jabs and other weak attacks one time just to see how high I could get the percentage and either ran out of time or hit an in built limit (I had it at about 200%) because Master Core exploded and KOed me off the top of the screen. It was niether a star KO nor a screen KO, presumably because that functionality is disabled at the end of battles.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
He EXPLODES if you don't finish him in time!? Gezz, talk about punishing.

Well no, I haven't. I've always been doing smash attacks to make him go to like 150% and what not.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It may have been time or it may have been percentage, I'm not yet certain but it appears the changing colour may be related.

EDIT: Master Core will do its thing roughly 45 seconds after appearing, irrespective of if you even touch it. Its colour, on the other hand, is tied to the percentage.

Nowhere above the stage is safe when Master Core explodes and below seems unlikely to prove any better. I have not, however, been able to test what happens if you have an extra stock.

Last edited:

Navirik

Smash Rookie
Decided to see how high I could get his percentage after a frustrating failed 9.0 attempt. Was very sad when I lost to the exploding 350%+ Master Core.

S2

Smash Lord
I believe Master Core is on a timer. If you take too long to KO it then it does a final kamikaze attack. It's been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe it is either the same or very similar to Tabuu's signature energy waves in Brawl. You can dodge it via several well timed spot-dodges on the ground. I'm pretty sure both here and in the Tabuu fight getting hit is an instant death, so land those dodges if you're going to risk seeing this for yourself.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
This insane player not only beat Master Core on 9.0, he beat it with no damage. Going even further than that at the end he successfully shows what happens if you survive the end shockwave.

Top Bottom