• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone else having problems?

lui3k

Smash Cadet
anyone else finding it hard to learn the match up w the new additions? (cloud, corrin, bayonetta)
ive punched several holes in walls and i am forced to add pikachu to my lucas to cover some of these match ups...

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
I personally still have problems with fighting Cloud. Now that doesn't mean I get Finishing Touched every game, but I find it hard to face him head on when he hits like a truck and has good spacing moves, especially his aerials. Corrin and Bayonetta are a bit justified to still have difficulty fighting against because they are still pretty new. If you want my honest opinion, playing as said character for a little while can give you an idea of how to combat a matchup. Whenever I have trouble against a character I will pick said character and practice against Lvl 8's until I get idea of what they do and how they play. This is just my method of dealing with new/hard matchups, but hey, it could work for someone else too. ;)

*Edit* - Also just a heads up. Please post questions about matchups and such in the matchup thread itself. (Even though it's mostly dead) This applies for anything else that already has a dedicated thread. You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/phrygias-notebook-lucas-matchup-discussion.398030/

Last edited:

lui3k

Smash Cadet
I personally still have problems with fighting Cloud. Now that doesn't mean I get Finishing Touched every game, but I find it hard to face him head on when he hits like a truck and has good spacing moves, especially his aerials. Corrin and Bayonetta are a bit justified to still have difficulty fighting against because they are still pretty new. If you want my honest opinion, playing as said character for a little while can give you an idea of how to combat a matchup. Whenever I have trouble against a character I will pick said character and practice against Lvl 8's until I get idea of what they do and how they play. This is just my method of dealing with new/hard matchups, but hey, it could work for someone else too. ;)

*Edit* - Also just a heads up. Please post questions about matchups and such in the matchup thread itself. (Even though it's mostly dead) This applies for anything else that already has a dedicated thread. You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/phrygias-notebook-lucas-matchup-discussion.398030/

wow thank you for those words its very appreciated while the pk boys will always have a place in my heart i need to pick up a top teir prob cloud as per your advice its no fun loosing to bayo and corrin and cloud all the time

that_rock

Smash Rookie
wow thank you for those words its very appreciated while the pk boys will always have a place in my heart i need to pick up a top teir prob cloud as per your advice its no fun loosing to bayo and corrin and cloud all the time
http://smashboards.com/threads/phrygias-notebook-lucas-matchup-discussion.398030/page-7

I gave my opinions on the matchups here.

Also, he didn't mean you pick up a top tier. He suggested you to play the character you have trouble with to understand how they play.

IMO if you want to win, go pick up a top tier. If you want to stay loyal, you do you. It's why I play Ness in melee. It's why I play Ness and Lucas in brawl. But I don't blaspheme people who play top tiers. Do what you want :)

Top Bottom