• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else have this problem?

treemustach

Smash Rookie
So i've been playing a little bit now, maybe a 6-12 months trying to get better, and I have to a certain extent. But there is one thing that really bothers me, and that's the fact that I can't get any better...It sounds kinda weird to say it like this but it FEELS that way. For instance, today I was practicing by myself trying to improve my tech skill and such. I was thinking to myself, "damn, i've gotten pretty good at this. I should invite my friend over to show him my improvement." He arrives a little bit later that day and we sit a play. To my dismay I couldn't pull a god damn combo on him at all...My short hops weren't working when I could flawlessly execute them earlier and other things as well. Has this happened to anyone else? I feel kinda bad for trying so hard in training and then it not showing when I play versus real people.

You practiced those things in training mode, not in actual games. Get experience in actual games

MUNK

Smash Rookie
If he is interested in the game as well, practice together. CPU cannot emulate a human and it'll become cake walk to 0 to death a CPU. If you guys can bounce off each other and train together, you'll start seeing yourself land combos against new opponents. Then it all explodes.

Last edited:

treemustach

Smash Rookie
I don't usually play vs bots at all, but if I do I play vs lvl 7's. From reading about it I know for sure that the lvl 9's are not very good for learning in melee.

Top Bottom