• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else find the online completely unusable?

0r30

Smash Rookie

Even with these settings, I can't stand to play online. I go back through my replays and find myself standing still for a whole second, because it can't keep up with my input.

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
ok well here.

the lag in nthe game isn't internet lag its actual game lag, so if it lags its going to be impossible to play, or for that matter quit without shutting off the console. this is because the input lag is the main problem with the nintendo wifi system. but its free so i wouldnt complain too much.

0r30

Smash Rookie
**** Nymphetamine, how in the hell did you manage that? That's very impressive.

Mine is a little bit higher than average. It's standard Comcast, but I have a dedicated line running from the box in my house straight to my modem. NintendoWarrior, yours worries me a bit. Less than 50 miles away should produce at maximum about 30 ping, but you have 104. Also, your download is a bit slow.

kario mart: I would pay for a monthly service if this game ran anywhere close to the way XBL handles things.

Weed

Smash Lord

my internet has always been pretty decent

brawl lags me to HELL every game, even with someone a couple blocks down the street from me

edit: holy crap my upload is slow

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
My router is fine, I think...

I don't have any other online Wii games. My DS games and other online PC games work good...
It's no one's internet connection, its the lack of free nodes available on Nintendo's servers. I've seen better online play using SegaNet playing Phantasy Star Online. That was using a 28.8 kb modem. This online play you gave us Nintendo is pitiful. A farce is supposed to be funny, but I haven't laughed even once.

St.Blasius

Smash Rookie
I've basically played online random just about every night (9-11 pm EST), and I usually don't have a problem finding at least one player for a random match. I don't get anyone playing team battle through.

Some of the matches have extreme lag, but those I just drop out of, and then quickly re-enter, so that I can find a game with little or no lag.

But I have played multiple matches each night for the past week with 0 lag, so the servers aren't completely unusable.

Coolbgdog

Smash Rookie
My problem with online is its lacking features where as Mario Strikers wifi was better in terms of features. The with anyone option works but then the input button lag makes it unplayable and then the frequent laggy matches makes online frustrating. If online played exactly like offline which I know it probably never could then I wouldn't mind.

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
I wish Nintendo would of come up with a better online system. I'm pretty patient but I don't like waiting 5 minutes between 2 minute games every time I play online. I might be done with 2-minute brawl and try to find a regular group to play with online.

On the issue or speed, I have Charter which is pretty good except for the fact that it decides to stop working once a day and that is usually in the middle of a game...

ri0t

Smash Cadet

me greater than you at 50mi. when im at 2600mi

i guess i just have to wait for the servers to get fixed like in japan

Top Bottom