• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else agree that Lucas Dittos are so freaking fun?

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I just had a crazy set with another Lucas main and i realized that i love Lucas dittos. When i play as any other character i absolutely despise dittos but with Lucas its so fun cause he has so many options that every ditto match feels different if that makes any sense. And i feel its a really good test of skill of the character. Do you Lucas players feel the same?

abx

Smash Journeyman
I actually enjoy them when I come across them. But it's rather the thought of being connected to someone else by playing the same overlooked character. It triggers immediately a "we're in the same boat"-mentality.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
I think theyre pretty fun, but its really just waiting for someone to recover with pk thunder off stage so you can psi magnet lol.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
I actually enjoy them when I come across them. But it's rather the thought of being connected to someone else by playing the same overlooked character. It triggers immediately a "we're in the same boat"-mentality.
That's so true. It shows that you both have great judgement by playing this awesome and underrated character.
I think theyre pretty fun, but its really just waiting for someone to recover with pk thunder off stage so you can psi magnet lol.
That's definitely one of the best parts of Lucas Dittos to be honest.

abx

Smash Journeyman
I think it's not as much of an issue in Lucas dittos. Lucas has a long-reaching tether-recovery. Once he is too far away to make it with this, he is so far away that a succesful gimp from the other Lucas is hardly possible because it takes too much time most likely. And PKT2 can cover such an enormous length easily. Thanks to that range, his maneuverability and his option of stalling with PK Shield, Lucas has a tidbit of room to bait any telegraphed action or position himself in a more favourable position. It still happens, but it is not as common as one might suspect. Direct launches into the blast zones are more likely.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
I think it's not as much of an issue in Lucas dittos. Lucas has a long-reaching tether-recovery. Once he is too far away to make it with this, he is so far away that a succesful gimp from the other Lucas is hardly possible because it takes too much time most likely. And PKT2 can cover such an enormous length easily. Thanks to that range, his maneuverability and his option of stalling with PK Shield, Lucas has a tidbit of room to bait any telegraphed action or position himself in a more favourable position. It still happens, but it is not as common as one might suspect. Direct launches into the blast zones are more likely.
I understand that but ledge guarding them with pk thunder or pk freeze would force them to air dodge, forcing them then to recover with pk thunder. Therefore, making it easier to gimp them.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Lucas can absorb both with stalling PSI Magnet and immediately launch PKT2 during the opponent Lucas' endlag.

Last edited:

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Yes but if they have already used their jump then who's to say that on stage Lucas won't dsmash ledge. Being offstage in a Lucas ditto is pretty dangerous. You run the risk of being swallowed by psi magnet, or ledge guarded with dsmash.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
That is not very likely. As Lucas, you want to preserve your second jump until you know what the opponent is up to and with his floatiness and the stalling effect of PSI Magnet this is easy. Mirror Lucas is not going to launch Lucas horizontally, which would call for an early second jump. DSmash can be answered with a tether grab without immediate reeling in. When tether grabbing the ledge, mirror Lucas could try to DSmash on reaction once offstage Lucas reels in, but I doubt it's executable, rather it's punishable.

My point is that yes, PSI Magnet gimps are a thing and as a Lucas who's aware of the mirror MU you try your best to prevent it. But dittos aren't necessarily boiling down to who's gimpging first. Lucas has his ways to avoid offstage pressure. It may not carefree, but neither is Lucas doomed to gimp.

lui3k

Smash Cadet
negative nothing brings home the point that you suck with your character like loosing to another lucas :/

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Lucas vs Lucas is fun to me because defeating someone that uses your character is just so satisfying.
Also no player is at any disadvantage, you have the same moveset, etc. It all comes down to who is mentally the better player. You walk away from the victory knowing you won on an even playing field, using your wit :)

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Lucas dittos help me appreciate when someone does a good job of avoiding Lucas's PK Fire mix-ups. I swear I get hit by every single PK Fire my opponent throws out even when I know where a Lucas would be putting one out. Also catches me by surprise that magnet stalling and magnet pulling aren't widespread recovery tactics already. Too often I've absorbed a Lucas PK Thunder because he didn't extend his recovery with magnet pulling or didn't mix-up his fall with a magnet stall and gets hit out of his 2nd jump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom