• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone besides me thinking of mainng PT

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
The complete originality, the usage of three different characters, and the pleasure of taking control over the starting first generation of pokemon once again. Yep I'm talking about Pokemon Trainer. Forgive me if I sounded strange back there but Pokemon Trainer is honestly my favorite character that's been announced so far. I will definetly be trying him out first and if he handles well I can see myself maining him. If anybody else is thinking of maining him too I wanna know. Even if you're not certain yet let's hear you if he's going to be one of the first characters you try out.

sorry if there's another one of these out there I did search for it before i started

solidpit

Smash Cadet
I'm maining him because of the insane versatility he looks to have, and he's my favorite character.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
He seems interesting. Might be the best all around brawler. Charizard can fly, squirtle for the speed, ivysaur to stand the ground. Might actually be a great brawler. I'll give him a shot. but I'll never main him.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I usually have 5 characters I try to main, I'm carrying over Fox and (hopefully Luigi) so PT is with Diddy and Sonic.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I'll try him out, and hopefully he's as good as I'm hoping he's decent. Even if he's not the greatest, I'll still play him due to originality. The one thing I'm wasn't at first fond of was the stamina that forced you to switch between the Pokemon, but, thinking it over, it only makes sense. If they didn't have the stamina added, most likely everybody would be using Charizard due to his strength and ability to glide.

The originality that they have put into this character is what makes me want to play as him. Squirtle is the smallest of them, making him the lightest and fastest, and slowest to fall of the three. Ivysaur is like the Mario of the team, since Mario has always been the sort of neutral character that you could base everybody's power off of. And Charizard is the slow heavy-weight who falls the fastest, but makes up for that with the ability to glide.

I won't be maining him, maybe he'll be a potential third character if Luigi isn't confirmed, which I doubt. Therefore, he might be in my Used category of characters, if he's as good as I'm hoping him to be. If not, alas, I will still use him for fun. My mains are Bowser and hopefully Luigi makes a comeback. Might be using Dedede as well.

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
I will probably main PT if I like him when battling with him. I'll probably main Lucas first though.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't think the stamina bar will be affecting who i use when i'm just playing with my friends.(it might hurt me in the tournament setting considering there's bound to be a pokemon that stands above the rest) But since i just play with them the most I'm really goimg to enjoy him even with the constant switching

Svatos

Smash Cadet
As of now, PT is my favorite announced character.
I used to main fox but now I am thinking about changing to pokemon trainer.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
u might as well it's a new game that will have new tactics. it's the best time to try someone new

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
He looks interesting to play but I don't think I could use him properly. You have to know when to switch and if you switch too much or if you wait too long to switch it affects the pokemon. But thats just me because I'm not patient.:)

mudkip143

Smash Rookie
yes i would like to main PT, but if he fails i would like to main sonic or king dedede. the two people i will NEVER play as snake and ike.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
i'll probobly try out PT first and see if i like what i see
then i'll consider maining him

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Well, at this point it is hard to tell. But so far its looking like I will main him. The reasons for me are:

1. Versatility!! If for no other reason, versatility, 3 different characters, with 3 different strengths make him the ultimate counter for any character. The chances are that at least 1 of his Pokemon are going to have an advantage against any given character. I actually posted a thread about his versatility a while back.

2. Pokemon. I like Pokemon, no getting round that. I've liked them since it all started, and I picked out my Squirtle in the first game.

3. Coolness.

Seriously, just look at him...

So yes, the chances are pretty good that I'll main him. If... I don't like Sonic or pit better.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Well, at this point it is hard to tell. But so far its looking like I will main him. The reasons for me are:

1. Versatility!! If for no other reason, versatility, 3 different characters, with 3 different strengths make him the ultimate counter for any character. The chances are that at least 1 of his Pokemon are going to have an advantage against any given character. I actually posted a thread about his versatility a while back.
It's only semi versatility, because depending on how long you are able to use 1 pokemon due to stamina will be how long you are effective against that character. So unless you're playing a 1 stock match or something of the sort it's not all "that" versatile.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I cant honestly say that I will main one character. I have several favorites. Mario, Pit, Sonic, Ike, PT, Meta Knight. Mario because hes always been my main. Pit because...well hes Pit. Sonic, its Sonic. Ike is a beast. PT is probably the most intriguing character. MK because hes just so cool.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
It's only semi versatility, because depending on how long you are able to use 1 Pokemon due to stamina will be how long you are effective against that character. So unless you're playing a 1 stock match or something of the sort it's not all "that" versatile.
Not necessarily, we still don't know the effects of stamina, only a vague description. Ideally the stamina will increase enough when the Pokemon is not being used that it will possible to mostly use one more than another. Not to mention that you could always just run away and evade when you are using a bad match. The way I see each Pokemon's advantage working is a rock paper scissors mechanic. Squirtle being fast and weak will be good against slow fast characters. Ivysaur against small fast ones, and Charizard against all-around characters. The fact that works out like their weaknesses is just a coincidence. ;)

To RedKnight: What list? Thats what you get for using the Quick reply...:laugh:
EDIT: Grrrr... RedKnight edited his post...

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, we still don't know the effects of stamina, only a vague description. Ideally the stamina will increase enough when the Pokemon is not being used that it will possible to mostly use one more than another. Not to mention that you could always just run away and evade when you are using a bad match. The way I see each Pokemon's advantage working is a rock paper scissors mechanic. Squirtle being fast and weak will be good against slow fast characters. Ivysaur against small fast ones, and Charizard against all-around characters. The fact that works out like their weaknesses is just a coincidence. ;)

To RedKnight: What list? Thats what you get for using the Quick reply...:laugh:
EDIT: Grrrr... RedKnight edited his post...
I don't think that that's how stamina is going to work.. but thats just my opinion.. of course i would like it to be that way, i just think that the chances of it are slim.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace

2. Pokemon. I like Pokemon, no getting round that. I've liked them since it all started, and I picked out my Squirtle in the first game.

3. Coolness.

Seriously, just look at him...

So yes, the chances are pretty good that I'll main him. If... I don't like Sonic or Ike better.

I agree with everything you just said except for what I highlighted.
What I highlighted in red is what I would have taken out if I said that.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely maining him, I'd like to know more about what the Pokémon's movements and attacks will be like, but I know they're going to be great anyway.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably test him out...hell I want to try all the new chars. out so I can make my final decision.

The only reason I'm saying this is because most of us haven't played the game yet and can't make a final analysis on any of the characters...we aren't m2k lol...jk jk.

Joking aside..I think I'll try him out because of his diverse move set..and initially that he is 3 characters in one.

Edu_

Smash Rookie
Maybe... I can't tell what I'll do and what I won't before I test it.
The possibility of changing the pokemons looks extremely useful, that will sure bring in attack/change techniques

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
I've mained pika since the original game but because of how unique this character that may change. This maintaining of stamina and switching between 3 different styles of fighting intrigues me to no end.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I plain on having multiple mains (5 atleast but aiming for 10) and PT is very much in that top 3-2 with Pitt and maybe another character unseen.

Im going to make it my goal to main him and use him effectively! It like. . . how many people main Sheik? Now, how many people main Zelda? Now, how many people actually effectively main and use them both at the same time?

Yeah, thats why I want to main PT.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I'll definitely try him out. I like playing with more than one character so I don't really have a main. Pokemon Trainer is probably the best character to fit my play style. I can't even imagine all the different strategies you can put into play with him.

Top Bottom