• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone/Basic Brawl

Diamondbacks

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to use the online for Smash Bros and when I try to play no players join. Is this normal and no players do anyone/basic brawl or do I have something wrong with my settings?

iLike2EatPiez

Smash Rookie
Well Brawl with Anyone is usually slow and laggy, both in gameplay and finding players. Sometimes it just takes a while. As for Basic Brawl, that's for friend codes; if you don't know a friend code and/or the other foe isn't also online, it isn't supposed to work.

Diamondbacks

Smash Rookie
Do you need some kind of hardware for the wifi to work because it connects and i go to anyone basic brawl and the wii doesnt find anyone?

francophile16

Smash Rookie
I've been experiencing the same problem. guess most ppl just fight with friends. Gonna try adding some friend codes and chellenging them, see if it makes a difference.

Jaxx Raxor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaxx_Raxor
I think the issue is that during certain times of the day many people are playing With Anyone and it therefore becomes very hard to get a game in and it can be very laggy as well. Playing in the evening is the worst time because that is when the most people are home from school/work and are online playing: if your going to play in the evening its better to do Friend battles.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that With Anyone chooses the most compatible players that will have the best connection to you; if someone has a better connection to someone else rather than you, I think that the other person will get to play rather than you.

I also think that if there is too much lag then the online won't even let you play people.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The solution to your problem: Stop playing basic brawl/ with anyone. Its stupid
And its normal to have a 5-10 minute wait for a match btw

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
yeah get mor brawl codes fTW , i have major lag on my friend codes but not on basic brawl :(

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I like playing around in Basic Brawls Anonymously (since you can't have names).

I rarely fight, just because I hate losing when I try, thanks to Stalkers. (people who go after one person) and Predators (they go for the person with the highest % for a kill).

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
If you want to find people to play online you can use the SWF friend finder
http://smashboards.com/ff/
I have used it and found it excelent
other wise I would expect a two to three minute wait when looking for basic brawls and a little longer for team battles.

Top Bottom