• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone agree that Bowser's Smash U run/idle animation should be in Project M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playermode

Smash Rookie
Bowser in Smash U looks awesome. His moveset in Project M is fine the way it is, but after seeing Smash U Bowser, it seems kinda silly to continue to have him hunched over and "sliding" across the floor when he dashes. Hopefully they incorporate this idea in a future demo release. Thoughts?

playermode

Smash Rookie
No. I'd rather have him hunched over when the alternative's a C&D.

How so? It's just a change in his stance. Its not like Nintendo has a trademark on his new stance and running animation. If they were gonna be hit with C&D I think they'd been hit eons ago, especially since P:M has done "worse" than that. There isn't anything licensed about his stance...putting Mega Man or Animal Crossing Villiager in it is a different story.

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
It would very likely mess with his hurtboxes. And honestly, I much prefer Brawl Bowser.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm sure the project as a whole is more likely to set off alarms than an animation. I wouldn't be happy with an erect Bowser though. There would be many things we would have to change in order to have Bowser do the things he does in Smash4: model. hurtbox, hitbox, textures, other animations, etc etc. I don't think it is worth the time. Do keep in mind that Bowser is a mix of both Brawl and Melee Bowser; so making this change may alienate those that enjoy Bowser the way he is at the moment. It's not just a minor tweak, its pretty much a major overhaul. We might borrow some animations from Smash 4 here and there in general, but you shouldn't keep your hope high.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
From an aesthetic standpoint: Trying to have PM resemble SSB4 in any way is entering into dangerous territory with Nintendo and the PMBR have made clear that they want to avoid it.
From a gameplay standpoint: Without moveset changes to go along with it, it's essentially just an unwarranted nerf for Bowser, turning him into an even bigger target than he already is.

Long story short: I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm for it. Brawl Bowser is pale, hunched over and frankly looks more sickly than intimidating.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
This forum is being overrun by individual questions that already have dedicated threads. In some cases it's just new posters who don't know better, but there are some overly vocal members who are using it as an excuse to promote their suggestions for characters, costumes, nerfs/buffs, ect. These "Let's rally up support for x change that I want" topics are especially annoying because the PMBR actually reads these boards. If there is enough support to warrant them taking note it will already be clear enough in other topics, but if a suggestion is shot down or simply ignored by the other posters it's because it's unpopular and needs to stay that way. Sometimes the backroom needs to make the hard call and do something controversial, but you're not going to trick them into making the game your way, so stop trying to force it.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Nope. Smash U/3DS Bowser's stance makes him looks too humanoid. Bowser's supposed to be the biggest, baddest villain in video games, he should be monstrous. His Melee/Brawl stance does a pretty good job of making him look the part.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hey guys! Lets make Bowser a bigger stupider looking target because it's more canon or some ****!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Please take something like this to Bowser's own subforum instead of posting this is General Discussion.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom