• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone actually think the knee is easier in Brawl?

Evil Yoshi 85

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you all feel this way as you guys are, as you guys are probably used to Melee's knee. I never really was that good with the Captain in Melee,(Peach, Sheik, and Samus were my mains), and rarely was able to pull the knee off. I never really practiced much though. But I was trying to get a with anyone Wifi match, and I was able to do knee after knee after knee on Sandbag.

Is anyone else this way?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
The knee is REALLY easy to pull off on the sandbag for some reason. Seriously I've only missed it like twice in the 200 times I've been in the Wi-Fi waiting room. It's definitely not that easy in a real live moving game and is indeed harder to pull off in Brawl. Some people still say they have an easier time with it than the Melee one (even in real matches) but statistically it has fewer sweetspot frames than the Melee one and also has a different timing which is more inconvenient because you have to be much closer to your opponent now.

But I DO agree that it is very easy to get on the sandbag! lol

Mann

Smash Ace
The Falcon Punch is way easier to pull off too. I've never missed it the 9001 times I've been in the Waiting Room.
Training to the max.

Hitting with the Fair is easy. Landing the sweet spotted part with the most damage/knock back is difficult.

The reason why it's easier to get on the Sandbag is because it's Sandbag. No moving, no attacking back. Once you are able to see how far back you can hit it, you are able to see when you can move up and do his Fair again.

Syllakin

Smash Rookie
I was able to sweetspot the knee quite a bit while playing with friends. This wasn't online though. I found it to be pretty easy since I never played CF on Melee.

I get more kills with the back air than the knee, but I love to shout "KNEE!" whenever I KO someone with it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Syllakin's point is interesting, and I always say that it's practically impossible to combo into knee in Brawl. Without a reliable combo, you would have to use it as punishment, and since there are so few times that someone is stupid enough to leave themselves vulnerable long enough for you to SHFF fair and since there is so much risk involved, the move is basically worthless. Sexy, awesome, and worthless.

Also uair and bair have about the same killing potential, and they are infinitely easier to hit with.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
The Falcon Punch is way easier to pull off too. I've never missed it the 9001 times I've been in the Waiting Room.
Oh my god I'm dying right now. But yeah the knee is nerfed because you have to do the fair so late and basically any character can just out range you with another move. I totally think a sweet spot knee should break their shield though, or at least make them slide back. Getting shield grabbed from a sweet spotted knee is ridiculous in my opinion.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Umm...the sand bag is really tall/big and doesn't move...?

Sorry, not to sound like an ***, but really, SHOULDN'T IT be easy to knee the sand bag...? With the reasons mentioned above?

Top Bottom