• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody willing to sell a copy of Melee to me?

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I've been wanting a copy of Melee for quite some time, and believe it or not, copies are surprisingly hard to come by, even though it's the best selling GC game of all time (probably bcus everyone wants to keep their copies lol.) So anyway, if you've got an extra working copy of Melee I'd be willing to buy it most likely. We could probably ship it through Amazon or something.

EDIT:
- No, I can't load GC games into my Wii thru Burning/SD/USB bcus I tried for 8 hours to no avail

Last edited:

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
I had a similar problem with F-Zero GX, so I bought a used copy from an online retro game store, I'd check out one of these, double check if it's a legit store and then look for a copy. Works wonders for me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You might also have success at flea markets or yard sales.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I had a similar problem with F-Zero GX, so I bought a used copy from an online retro game store, I'd check out one of these, double check if it's a legit store and then look for a copy. Works wonders for me.
Let me start by saying F-Zero GX is a great game and I'd love to have that too. But I did try retro online stores and they were either out of stock, sold it for a ridiculous price, or didnt have it at all. The people that do have it are in Pennsylvania, but haven't responded to my e-mail. I hope someone will tell me soon why it's so hard to pick up the best selling GC game for a reasonable price...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Let me start by saying F-Zero GX is a great game and I'd love to have that too. But I did try retro online stores and they were either out of stock, sold it for a ridiculous price, or didnt have it at all. The people that do have it are in Pennsylvania, but haven't responded to my e-mail. I hope someone will tell me soon why it's so hard to pick up the best selling GC game for a reasonable price...
Because there are a decreasing number of Melee copies in circulation (been out of print for the past 14 years and discs can get damaged, lost, scratched, etc.) and it's still got a thriving and growing competitive scene. If lots of people who never had the game want to get the game and the people who have the game don't want to give up the game, there will be high prices associated with it.

EDIT: Also, even though it was the best-selling GC game, it only sold about 7 million copies. The GameCube was not the most commercially-successful console...

Last edited:

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Because there are a decreasing number of Melee copies in circulation (been out of print for the past 14 years and discs can get damaged, lost, scratched, etc.) and it's still got a thriving and growing competitive scene. If lots of people who never had the game want to get the game and the people who have the game don't want to give up the game, there will be high prices associated with it.
I wish Nintendo would make more copies...
but they hate the game to death lol

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Buy it off Ebay/Amazon. If you're lucky, you'll get it for 50-60 bucks.
Ebay is a big no no for me, I've seen a lot of scammers.
And Amazon says "80-90 bucks, disc only, scratched a lot"
I made a thread here to get a good copy from a smasher that took care of their disc(s) not some old dude who is carelessly selling their childhood away in crappy condition.

Edit: It would be cool to get the whole thing too, box, manual, etc. since it looks so nice. But I can't be picky when the right deal comes around.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
I made a thread here to get a good copy from a smasher that took care of their disc(s) not some old dude who is carelessly selling their childhood away in crappy condition.
I bought mine on Ebay and it works like a charm. I would suggest giving it a shot and finding something with pictures of the disk and a return type thing.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Yes, best racing game to date in my opinion!

Really? That hard to come by a copy in the states? Over here at Stockholm found a perfectly good copy of Melee at a retro store close to where I live. I guess there is a benefit to live in a country with a relatively small Melee scene.

Really sucks that you're having such a hard time, sorry to hear that. All I'm afraid I can do is advice you to keep checking online stores and retro stores, or possibly e-bay. Hope you find a copy soon.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Yes, best racing game to date in my opinion!

Really? That hard to come by a copy in the states? Over here at I Stockholm found a perfectly good copy of Melee at a retro store close to where I live. I suppose there is a benefit to live in a country with a relatively small Melee scene.

Really sucks that you're having such a hard time, sorry to hear that. All I'm afraid I can do is advice you to keep checking online stores and retro stores, or possibly e-bay. Hope you find a copy soon.
Wops, quoted myself! My apologies!

Last edited:

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero GX > Mario Kart Double Dash

The last time I bought Melee from Play N Trade, it cost around $50.
I agree. It's almost like the racing game equivalent of Melee, with all it's technicality and possibilities with the engine. When I play this game it's almost like tech practice for Melee! :D

The GC-generation was great.

EDIT: Sorry for off-topic OP. My apologies.

Last edited:

Blarg

Smash Rookie

Edit: It would be cool to get the whole thing too, box, manual, etc. since it looks so nice. But I can't be picky when the right deal comes around.
I would give ebay another try. I've had a lot of success finding old games there, and in the event of a scam the buyer is protected and refunded 100% by ebay/Paypal. A good way to avoid scammers is to buy from sellers that are "Top Rated Plus", which means they have a history of selling items as described with good customer service.

Kadano

Magical Express
So anyway, if you've got an extra working copy of Melee I'd be willing to buy it most likely.
I live in a PAL region. When I started to play, I didn’t know about PAL/NTSC and bought a copy from the USA. Since I bought a couple of PAL discs, I have not had any use for it, so it’s been sitting in its box for the past four years. It’s this box: http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/0/9/0/14090_front.jpg
It’s 1.02 revision. Both disc and box have some small scratches, but the disc always loaded fine. If you are interested, I’ll put the disc in some Gamecube again to make sure it still has no loading problems. I can also provide pictures if you want me to.

Would 30$ plus shipping (should be 15$ or something) be fine with you?

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I live in a PAL region. When I started to play, I didn’t know about PAL/NTSC and bought a copy from the USA. Since I bought a couple of PAL discs, I have not had any use for it, so it’s been sitting in its box for the past four years. It’s this box: http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/0/9/0/14090_front.jpg
It’s 1.02 revision. Both disc and box have some small scratches, but the disc always loaded fine. If you are interested, I’ll put the disc in some Gamecube again to make sure it still has no loading problems. I can also provide pictures if you want me to.

Would 30$ plus shipping (should be 15$ or something) be fine with you?
That would be awesome.
Could you hold onto it for a little while? I need to get a little more money, I had to get a new controller.
But I should be getting paid that much in a little bit. I would be happy to buy it.
EDIT: Will it work on my NTSC Wii? Like in color too, with sound? I have softmodded it with Homebrew, that might be able to help.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
That would be awesome.
Could you hold onto it for a little while? I need to get a little more money, I had to get a new controller.
But I should be getting paid that much in a little bit. I would be happy to buy it.
EDIT: Will it work on my NTSC Wii? Like in color too, with sound? I have softmodded it with Homebrew, that might be able to help.
I’ve been holding on to it for 3 years now, so waiting a little longer is no problem at all.

It’s NTSC Melee, so yes, it will display on an NTSC Wii in color properly. Unless your disc drive or Wii system is faulty, that is.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I’ve been holding on to it for 3 years now, so waiting a little longer is no problem at all.

It’s NTSC Melee, so yes, it will display on an NTSC Wii in color properly. Unless your disc drive or Wii system is faulty, that is.
Thank you!! I'll PM you my address and can probably pay you on PayPal. And I'm going to trust you bcus you're a mod :3

Top Bottom