• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody ever bullied by Younger kids?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
When I was a child, I got picked on by younger kids and felt ashamed because the bullying victim stereotype was that only younger kids get bullied. If I had told anybody else besides my parents, (who always believed me, thank god.) they may have thought I was lying.

Anybody else went through something similar?

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22
well, I was given a slight bit of bullying in my younger years. Not quite the same age situation, but the concept isn't unheard of. You might have already heard such things, but bullies have differing reasons for what they do. Though most of the time the reasons just simply stem and thrive on insecurity. As well as feeding of the better nature of those they bully. In this case, the person doesn't care if you're bigger or older. If the bully doesn't perceive you as a threat, they assume you aren't gonna fight back or assume you show mercy/pity/lack of action cause of their stature. This can also be applied to a female bully on a male target. Does the male not act on their aggressor cause they were taught to not lay a hand against a woman? Would the person hold back if they were given the chance at a fair fight/debate/confrontation? Sometimes people bully cause they want attention. Sometimes they bully until you lay down your thoughts or terms. Sometimes it's just simply out of boredom. The embarrassment is understandable, but it's ultimately gonna cause problems if you remain quiet on the situation. There might even be a hidden connection or explanation between the friends and the younger bully. Cause there's always a chance that the kid tries to get back at someone through their friends. I might be giving the kid too much credit, but it shouldn't hurt to be honest with as many people as you can. If they don't take what you say seriously, when you mean it, then you might wanna reconsider who your friends are.

Although I sympathize that this is just a recollection on your part and things can't be changed at this point.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
well, I was given a slight bit of bullying in my younger years. Not quite the same age situation, but the concept isn't unheard of. You might have already heard such things, but bullies have differing reasons for what they do. Though most of the time the reasons just simply stem and thrive on insecurity. As well as feeding of the better nature of those they bully. In this case, the person doesn't care if you're bigger or older. If the bully doesn't perceive you as a threat, they assume you aren't gonna fight back or assume you show mercy/pity/lack of action cause of their stature. This can also be applied to a female bully on a male target. Does the male not act on their aggressor cause they were taught to not lay a hand against a woman? Would the person hold back if they were given the chance at a fair fight/debate/confrontation? Sometimes people bully cause they want attention. Sometimes they bully until you lay down your thoughts or terms. Sometimes it's just simply out of boredom. The embarrassment is understandable, but it's ultimately gonna cause problems if you remain quiet on the situation. There might even be a hidden connection or explanation between the friends and the younger bully. Cause there's always a chance that the kid tries to get back at someone through their friends. I might be giving the kid too much credit, but it shouldn't hurt to be honest with as many people as you can. If they don't take what you say seriously, when you mean it, then you might wanna reconsider who your friends are.

Although I sympathize that this is just a recollection on your part and things can't be changed at this point.
Don't worry, the fact that you're willing to listen is good enough, and I'm glad I don't have to go to elementary school anymore. You're right that boys being bullied by girls will be underreported because people don't think girls are capable of cruelty. Anyone else want to comment on this?

Nebbyla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nebbyte
3DS FC
2337-7153-0957
in my school the year 9s are ****heads lol
they attempt to pick on me and others with pushing us, taking our bags and running off and also purposefully disrupting our exams
it kinda makes me feel like crap to be targeted by younger people, but at the same time i feel like i shouldnt really care about what immature little ****s do lol (i dont know why im calling them little theyre only a year below me)
in my experience most of them were boys but the girls got away with it the most
with something similar, people who were very short would pick on me the most, and were known as being aggressive to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
It was the year 2009 I got bullied around the 6th grade but mainly just name calling like musty which i didnt even stink just to mess with my head thinking i stinked. I Myself never experienced being pushed or people throwing my textbooks Can't imagine being pick on young kids i would of teach them a lesson i recall in elementary.Are teacher told us that the 4th grades were beating up kindergartens which i believe they lied to teach us a lesson.

Last edited:
Top Bottom