• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any word of the new tier list for Brawl?

belkotar

Smash Rookie
Though I am not a person that generally "believes" in tier lists, I find them very fun to look at. I would like to know when the new one will be listed, since MK's ban doesn't take effect till 2012.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's still too early for another tier list. We need to wait for the metagame to evolve with MK gone before we can consider making another one.

/thread

Life

Smash Hero
It's supposed to be a year-or-so cycle starting with the latest one (and it was around six months before), but the MK ban might accelerate things.

More to the point: not any time soon. In a couple months, you should probably begin keeping your ear to the ground for news of it.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's kind of like an annual thing. Don't expect one until next summer or even later because of MK's ban and the metagame will change, either slightly or thoroughly.

belkotar

Smash Rookie
well i don't know about you guys, but i'm actually pretty excited about everything. i feel my inner fighting game player craving this "new challenge." i'm looking forward to seeing how things will turn out, and i think this change is just something i need to feed my inner brawler. there was a while for me where things were becoming stale, but since MK is banned, there can be no complaining. but in all honesty, i think if another character were to be deemed "OP," then the ban will be uplifted.

until then, i guess it's safe to say that we should have a little fun with the game, and experiment more with all the characters. it's nice to see the focus change to other characters, and no one is going to be complaining about MK anymore.....unless they main-ed him.

=]

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
i think if another character were to be deemed "OP," then the ban will be uplifted.
Or they'll just ban that character, and then the next one in a neverending cycle of banned characters, until all we can use is Ganondorf... and then they'll ban him too.

It's a possibility.

belkotar

Smash Rookie
Or they'll just ban that character, and then the next one in a neverending cycle of banned characters, until all we can use is Ganondorf... and then they'll ban him too.

It's a possibility.

then we will have to start playing as master hand

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Or they'll just ban that character, and then the next one in a neverending cycle of banned characters, until all we can use is Ganondorf
I'd play that.

Seriously though the next tier list won't be around for a while, especially with the MK issue. Will the tier list still include MK? Will there be two different tier lists?

It'll be a while.

army man

Smash Ace
It's kind of like an annual thing. Don't expect one until next summer or even later because of MK's ban and the metagame will change, either slightly or thoroughly.
well, it will change, that's ovious, but i don't think there's gonna be much change in the tier list though. i wonder who's gonna be on the top tier now? xD GANONDORF!!!!!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Seriously though the next tier list won't be around for a while, especially with the MK issue. Will the tier list still include MK? Will there be two different tier lists?

It'll be a while.
If the new tier list does include MK, they'll just place him in a "Banned Tier/SS++ God Tier" or somewhere along that line.

As for two tier lists, I would imagine the second tier list only catering to tourneys that decide not to ban MK, though I don't really see two separate tier lists happening.

All the same, as you stated, it will be a while, so no one should anticipate a new tier list anytime soon, or even soon after Apex, as the metagame has to develop without MK to produce results for a new list, and that usually takes at least six months, give-or-take.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I heard one of the Unity Ruleset dudes, can't remember which, say the NEW
MK excluded tier list would take about six months to make. Even if it doesn't
take that long, don't expect it to come around any time soon.

Top Bottom