• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any wacky custom characters?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So I was viewing the "most over hated thread" and the discussion of custom moves came up. I am certainly disappointed that tourneys generally didn't utilize them but I'll live with customs off in a competitive setting.

With friends though, I really wanna start experimenting with both custom moves and equipment. Have any of you thought the same?

I want to start off with the customs queen, Palutena. I'm thinking that with a high boost in speed, I might be able to recreate lightweight except have it be infinite with no cool down. It would cost her some attack but that's not huge because fast is preferable to powerful in most cases. You see a lot more chun-li players than zangiefs. If I add crash run I can basically do super speed just by running as well. Then I can trick her out with some different custom moves. I was thinking:
Heavenly light (this is mainly for the lulz but it suits a "goddess")
Angelic missile (in place of super speed)
Rocket jump (because her regular jumps would be so good I wouldn't need a big third jump)
Celestial firework (since I don't need lightweight anymore)

So what else have you guys come up with? Don't forget about miis too....we can live the dream of Goku in Smash :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've had the huge tendency to utilize customizations for quite a long time, but the way that you get equipment is not very efficient, since all equipment drops are very random, and tend to give you stat spreads that aren't too good.

You can potentially resolve this if you own a retail copy of Smash 3DS though. Of course, it requires the use of the Save Extractor, along with a Smash 3DS Save Editor that's designed to modify your equipment supply.

Anyway, an example of my customs work can be shown with Bowser Jr., where I made Bowser Jr. and the seven Koopalings have their own pros and cons...

In a similar manner, I may utilize certain bonus effects to make certain fighters excel better at the areas that they tend to struggle with. For a few examples...

Of course, a good portion of my customs might not have any bonus effects at all, and focus more on an all-around stat spread.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I like using Custom moves and equipment to either create characters for very specific things or absolute monstrosities.
Such as the Ganondorf I used to beat Classic, which is defensive and has good attack power.

But then... there's another custom character I use often.
Ladies and gentlemen, are you sitting?...
I present to you...

...John Lucina...
You don't know what pain is until you get 1HKOd by an uncharged Shield Breaker.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
Even simple silly stuff like +200 DEF Ganondorf is real fun despite yar a standin' punchin' bag. At the same time yar not gonna die even around ~250%.

In fact, I've clear'd level 9 Classical mode with said custom (handicap really :p) set.

Top Bottom