• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tricks to counter a Wario with R.O.B.?

PacBeast

Smash Rookie
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
4871-4293-8599
I was fighting someone one For Glory with R.O.B., and he'd always play as Wario. He liked to rely on his forward and back throws while trying to use his dair while I recover, and it was something I could never end up fully dodging causing a loss, and I'm not sure if this is how all Warios play (I rarely ever see them, even on For Fun). I did find, however, that a fully charged laser beam destroys his motorcycle, and any power under fully charged instantly dismounts him.

So does anyone know any counters for this Wario?

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
So does anyone know any counters for this Wario?
Gyro won't be of much use in this MU, since he'll just eat it and charge his fart. Use you're superior melee range to space him out. Beat out his Dair with your Uair. And if he starts bike spam, snipe him off with a laser angled slightly upward, or jump above the bike and dair.

Source: Training buddy is a wario main.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I actually like gyro in the MU. You just have to pick and choose where to use it. It beats bike. His front tire will knock it up and hit his chin. Also, let him eat the gyro, and smack him for it. You will do more dmg. If he gains 10 seconds on his fart, it's usually not a huge deal.

Here's a few tips to try:
Run away > turnaround gyro
Run away > pivot grab landings
Fade away nairs to outspace aerials

If he comes after you off stage with dair, bait it. What I mean is, be conservative with your fuel by tapping b, and when you sense him coming after you, use a dair to stop your momentum and stall. SAVE YOUR JUMP TOO. It is so important for ROB to do this. ROB's up + b isn't that great and it becomes so much better if you aren't wasting your jump off the stage.

Here's the spot where you will want to stall with dair (where the 'X' is). If he comes at you, jump and air dodge through/past him and tap up + b to safety.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
They both were competent. Chicago's best wario, and S2 from Lexington. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the heads up!

PacBeast

Smash Rookie
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
4871-4293-8599
Alright, I've taken notes for these. Thanks a lot guys.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
don't upB from below the stage, you'll be a sitting duck for the Waft! I actually prefer to come from above with rob, because of Gyro's trajectory and nair-protection. coming from below allows wario to do too much.
Bike throws, Wafts and dairs all come to mind.

Top Bottom