• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tips

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
any tips or strategies on using link?

Also any tips on playing with a little lag cause sometimes when there is lag my timing gets all messed up and i lose.

So any tips?

also a guide on link would be helpful.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. I've been pissed there was no guide written yet. I'm considering writing a general gameplay guide that kind of just brings together a bunch of general facts and the advanced techs that apply to Link. Looks like I'll get started just so we have SOMETHING on these boards.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Hmm. I've been pissed there was no guide written yet. I'm considering writing a general gameplay guide that kind of just brings together a bunch of general facts and the advanced techs that apply to Link. Looks like I'll get started just so we have SOMETHING on these boards.

I started that, and added some general information in a thread called "Compendium of Brawl/Link facts" (or something to that effect). Its essentially a centralized location for all the random/useful/unuseful things that pertain to link; both 'overall brawl maneuvers' and 'link specific' ones. I put down what i knew off the top of my head and asked for suggestions- so far 100+ views or so, and not a reply as to what to add. Haha.

-notic

Smash Cadet
link is wonderful in the fact that many setups with several top characters simply don't work against him
the tornado will sometimes randomly win the match for you, like capturing your opponent after you downsmash him to get hit by the other side of the downsmash, toon link style, which could be like 40 dmg
it can sometimes mess up lucas/ness's recovery
against melee characters like marth, keep em away with your items
spacies-sorry to say you gotta be half melee/bomb-rang close by, expect to get chaingrabbed every single life by a good falco and practice not getting spiked by them because at times it's like rock-paper scissors
every time you hit someone with a boomerang on the ground you get a free opportunity to dash A which will add up to maybe 18 dmg every time if you're close enough to run up to them
shielding their moves then grabbing works pretty well for a setup

idk what else, don't downstab or spin attack too much they're hardest to land
yea i main link he's got potential

Top Bottom