• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on multishining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedough

Smash Rookie
Besides having inhuman fingers? Is it practical at all to use during battle? I'm holding down on the stick and then using my index on the B button and my middle finger on the y button and pressing as fast as I can, but I can only seem to do two shines short to the ground but still coming off the ground(sometimes a double shine), and the third is way to high to have any efficiency. Any tips on this?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're Shining too slowly. Just get faster fingers. And no, it isn't particularly practical until you have it down to a regular technique, as unarguably the best pillar in the game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I use the same method you do. I do it on rare occasions...but usually after an aerial, shine; I'll double shine once right after the initial shine then continue into a thunders or usmash. Its great to just master even one JCed shine after a shine aerial, as pros know to block the first one after all spacey aerials.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
The multishine isn't hard at all. If you can SHDL then you should be able to do it. All you have to do is slide from Y to B. After you press Y don't lift your thumb. Just keep pressing and slide at the same time. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Tips: Don't bother. I use it a bunch, and it doesn't help.

Edit: why i use it a bunch is still unknown to me, i just do it cause it's fun as hell.

Metà

Smash Master
Techniques like this and SWD with Samus are given more praise than they're actually worth. Trust me, there are more useful techniques with Fox you could be learning than this. Go learn those, whatever they may be, then maybe come back and learn multishining.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Everyone does it for fun exept da shiz wiz, that guy does it on real matches to pressure shields

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i do it in real matches to have fun. I even do it to infinite people sometimes (but usually not this in real matches).

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol. why strain yourself. waveshining is much easier.

Besides double shining to beat shield grabs and whatnot, more than 2 is not necessary. Don't do it, simple.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Ohhhh your supposed to do this with y and b... I just used the control stick to jump and timed hitting the b button at the right time.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien has double shined me multiple times in our friendlies and it does mess up your DI if you are fast enough. I guess you can use it as a mindgame or as an edgeguard?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
yea, its crazy. He does it so fast. Zel, i would like to play your fox at a tournament. I just want to test my skills against you. :D

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I've started multishining on shields sometimes but I'm not sure there aren't better options. If you expect a shield grab it's good, but if your opponent just sits in his shield it doesn't really help. Fox's shine sucks at breaking shields unless you can do like...15 of them at full speed. I can pretty regularly do 4-5 but like I said I don't think it's really helping. Shine=>grab on shields is probably the best. Or doubleshine=>grab might be better.

Metà

Smash Master
Silent Wolf does it faster than Lucien though, but not as consistently.

As a reference, here's a perfect multishine (numbers represent the frame number in the sequence):
1: Shine
4: Jump
7: Shine
12: Land
13: Repeat
Twelve frames for one cycle allows for 5 shines per second.
And now, with hitstun:
1: Shine + Hitstun
7: Jump
10: Shine + Hitstun
18: Land
19: Repeat
Eighteen frames for one cycle when you hit someone allows for 10 shines every 3 seconds.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Besides having inhuman fingers? Is it practical at all to use during battle? I'm holding down on the stick and then using my index on the B button and my middle finger on the y button and pressing as fast as I can, but I can only seem to do two shines short to the ground but still coming off the ground(sometimes a double shine), and the third is way to high to have any efficiency. Any tips on this?
How would you position that in a real match? :O

Tips: Don't bother. I use it a bunch, and it doesn't help.

Edit: why i use it a bunch is still unknown to me, i just do it cause it's fun as hell.
You got that right. I'm not very good at it yet. I haven't even practiced it in a while. I've just been practicing Thunder's Combo and waveshine various characters. Oh! And also SHDL. I finally learned it! I learned it back about 1 or 2 months ago. Yesterday would be the first time I used it in battle (rather hard to do on the fly).

Left hand:
Hold down on the control stick.

Right hand:
Press B with your thumb, lift your thumb over to Y.
Slide from Y to B.
Lift your thumb over to Y.
Etc...

That's how you would do it if you wanted to use it in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom