• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips on how to use Meta Knight?

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
IMO MK is to fast to sit around and tornado i think a good start is to dash into Dthrow then use your arials

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
yeah thats what i said but to get into these "frantic" A atacks you need a good aproach such as his Dashing "A" and his D throw

rse

Smash Rookie
learn to short hop often (more like... all the time since most of the time your main move is fair).

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
for good approach tactics look at the metaknight's approach thread after you have made contact, then the comboing begins, one that i really like and that looks pretty cool, is to use Ftilt combo to pop opponent up, then chase with the rising Uair combo til you are out of jumps/the opponent is above the screenand then switch to UpB to kill/glide chase and attack again. another good tactic is to run in, grab, Dthrow, Dthrow,Utilt/Dsmash and then chase. also you will want to use metaknights aerials as much as possible, who doesn't, but make sure you don't get to predictable, maintain proper spacing, and don't neglect your B moves, lots of mk players i have played so far spam aerials, but forget about the B moves, i recommend B/UpB highly, DownB, slightly, and a rare FwdB. and if you are knocked off the stage, but don't get KO, you should ALWAYS make it back. mk has the best recovery in the game and can get back from anywhere on the stage if done properly. make sure to utilize all 5 jumps, his 5th jump glide, his UpB to glide, his rising tornado and his FwdB Drill move. hope this helps! good luck and happy practicing.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
For starters, spamming his Neutral b and forward b doesn't work. Your killing moves are fair, dair, nair, uair, bair, fsmash, and upb. MK's main game comes from edgeguarding, and being in the air. However, if his wings are clipped and he is forced to the ground, he can hold his own there too with lagless attacks and a great bthrow and dthrow. Upb-ing off the edge is no problem thanks to the stall cancel, and your inablity to die is great for longevity. Overall, Meta's great if you suck at being slow.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
Meta-knight is a combo master with high in speed and aerial attacks. Plus good recovery when being hit off stage.
The bad thing is he doesn't do high damage until his enemy is high damage. When this happens, the popular MK users use up-B or f-slashes. Hope this helps.

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
Try to juggle your opponents in the air (shorthopping, etc.) using your Fair and following it up with a Nair. (Vice versa) When you do your dashing grab, keep in mind that you need to be a little farther away from the enemy because of the way his grab works. When you throw him (I use front, down, and, side throws) follow it up with a Nair and if you are near the edge try to finish off with a Shuttle Loop. If you can use the attack that comes after the main attack, that would be good. Just make sure you don't fall off the edge. Try to use the MT (Mach Tornado) commonly, but not a lot so that people think that you are a spammer. Also, the cape has good skills too, such as edgehogging. (If you like doing that sort of thing) The Dair can be used as a meteor smash near a wall, and can be a good edgehogging attack.

Top Bottom